• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add New Pokemon In 15 Easy Steps!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
This is good, but I'm having problems. I was trying to add Honchkrow, but it said "ERROR: image is not indexed." Also, the sprite looks glitchy. Lastly, can you point in the direction of editing the cry?

You have to index your sprite. Go take a look on indexing sprites tut also go find changing cry tut too.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Guys there's much better methods now. If you have fire red you can add without taking any off, and even if you don't, you can use advanced series which is many times better at doing this.

Years
Sorry if this has already been asked (I never read every comment.) but can you do this with gen1? I was originally going to be making a white 2 rom but I decided I was going to make a gen1 one instead. (Getting off topic, oops.)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
I'm sorry to add onto the load of questions, but when I add a new Pokemon in the ?????? slot (after Celebi), I try to load up the game (FireRed rom) but the emulator just shows a white screen. I've triend browsing the internet to find an answer, but all I got was 'change save type to Flash128. So I did that and... nothing happened.
Help anybody?

Years
Im going to just cut the the chase...
...any second now... 5 4 3 2 1 0 -1 -2 -3 -4 -5.
All jokes aside though.

I got to the edit plate step but the only plate option not greyed out was import plate, help, quick please!

Years
Sorry if this has already been asked (I never read every comment.) but can you do this with gen1? I was originally going to be making a white 2 rom but I decided I was going to make a gen1 one instead. (Getting off topic, oops.)

Ignore that I didn't even read what the method was compatible with at the time.

:bone:

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
I'm sorry to add onto the load of questions, but when I add a new Pokemon in the ?????? slot (after Celebi), I try to load up the game (FireRed rom) but the emulator just shows a white screen. I've triend browsing the internet to find an answer, but all I got was 'change save type to Flash128. So I did that and... nothing happened.
Help anybody?

hhmmm... not sure did you download visualboyadvance? that usally lets you play hacked pokemon games.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 11, 2015
Does anyone here have experience using unLZ with wine and a Mac? I used TP's method to insert a custom trainer sprite before, but the same method won't work with a pokemon sprite. There shouldn't be too much difference, right?

I've done everything listed, but unLZ just spits out a message that says "Image is not indexed." I'm not the most hacking-literate person. Any suggestions?

DaisukE

Just feel it burning ^^
Years
Does anyone here have experience using unLZ with wine and a Mac? I used TP's method to insert a custom trainer sprite before, but the same method won't work with a pokemon sprite. There shouldn't be too much difference, right?

I've done everything listed, but unLZ just spits out a message that says "Image is not indexed." I'm not the most hacking-literate person. Any suggestions?

Hmmm....make your image indexed by decreasing is color depth to 16bpp and keeping the first color as the background color of the image... :)..

May sound hard for non experienced once in hacking..

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I changed the sprite for Treecko in Saphire, along with some of it's attributes, but whenever I pick it as my starter, the screen freezes and goes into negative colors. Help?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Okay, so now I'm having a real problem. The Treecko I replaced has the color scheme of what I'm replacing it with, but it is still shaped like a Treecko. Any help? Thanks.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2017
How do you make more than just 25 more Pokemon. I'm trying to make a 721 rom hack but can't bypass that limit. Please help me!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Hey, is it possible to do this on an nds rom, I have searched and searched for guides but to no avail. If it isn't, than damn it, but if it is possible please tell me

Years
so then, what about the pokedex entries????

i'v added 2 pokemons, its succesful working, theres just one thing, when chaugt its shows a ratatta next to it. becuase of the entries. and the pokemons cant be found in the pokedex

Back