• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Small Writing Contest!

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I just sent my PM!

It's not a very long story, just a little over two pages. I've never been good at writing large volumes of words, so that's why I love contests like this!

Years
gah. well, im almost done, a page or 2 to go. then i wil edit it. expect it by tommorow morning. is that alrighT? or would that be too late?

Years
alright, ive entered and sent the story. and what do you mean so no? accoridng to PC time, in 12 hours, its still not the end of Monday. right?

Bay

Years
iDawg, what icomeanon6 meant is that it won't be too late if you turn it in tomorrow. Glad you're able to finish it, though.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Because of a change in plans, I won't be able to compete in this competition this time around. I'm having to do a bit of things around the house tomorrow that will need my attention and because of it, I won't be given all the time to really sit and complete my short story. Plus, I have to start judging on the Design-a-Pokémon entries tomorrow, which may take up more of my time as well. I'm really sorry for the departure on this, but hopefully when the next Community Get-Together comes around I'll have more time to take part in it.

Good look to everyone else who is taking part in this awesome event though! =D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Because of a change in plans, I won't be able to compete in this competition this time around. I'm having to do a bit of things around the house tomorrow that will need my attention and because of it, I won't be given all the time to really sit and complete my short story. Plus, I have to start judging on the Design-a-Pokémon entries tomorrow, which may take up more of my time as well. I'm really sorry for the departure on this, but hopefully when the next Community Get-Together comes around I'll have more time to take part in it.

Good look to everyone else who is taking part in this awesome event though! =D
I'm sorry to hear that. I always love good competition with others that know what they're doing, and what I was looking forward to the most with this was reading what everyone else wrote at the end...

But at least you're involved with a project in some way on here, so you're apart of something as well. Maybe next contest we can go head-to-head, eh? =D

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Hey, Gummy (and everyone).

I submitted my writing piece by PM earlier today. Longer than expected, but tells the exact story I want it to tell.

Also I have been suffering a strange problem with PC so I don't know if the PM arrived properly. If not, well, let me know.

Going away for what remains of the night... *curses at collegue friends and their party*

Bay

Years
solvino, Gummy is able to send the PM to me and Astinus, so everything's fine.

Gah, I thought there won't be too many people entering! D: Then again, so is the Heart and Soul contest

Anyways, been reading and reviewing the entries and so far liking the entries we have. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
solvino, Gummy is able to send the PM to me and Astinus, so everything's fine.

Gah, I thought there won't be too many people entering! D: Then again, so is the Heart and Soul contest

Anyways, been reading and reviewing the entries and so liking the entries we have. :)
So many people a third place might be a good idea?

Bay

Years
Well, I thought there's going to be only five entering by the end of this contest, but we got eight already and a few more will be coming soon. Same thing happened with the Heart and Soul contest at Serebii. I thought there's going to be fifteen entries at least, but nooooooooooo. Instead, there's 29. :O Don't want to go through a fifty page story again, lol.

Anyways, for now I don't think a third place is necessary. However, if this event does have a big turnout later on, maybe.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
Don't want to stress you out with even more entries but I'm still working on mine and think that I should be able to finish it on time. :D I got a lot done today, finishing off the entire first half (maybe more, maybe less. No idea how long this second part needs to be) which includes some violence! And blood! And death!

...It's not exactly kid friendly but the rules say that if I would normally post it here it's fine, right? I would normally post this here, just with an R rating. So, it's all good, yes?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Well, I thought there's going to be only five entering by the end of this contest, but we got eight already and a few more will be coming soon. Same thing happened with the Heart and Soul contest at Serebii. I thought there's going to be fifteen entries at least, but nooooooooooo. Instead, there's 29. :O Don't want to go through a fifty page story again, lol.

Anyways, for now I don't think a third place is necessary. However, if this event does have a big turnout later on, maybe.
I'm normally against going crazy with placings (not everyone needs to win), but if there ends up being a large turn-out it should be considered. Since the contest is for fun I think it'd be in the spirit of things. Otherwise if cash was being handed out... No.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, I would say that for these stories, you should follow the guidelines posted in the PFF&P rules, which can be found here. I've linked to the explanations about the ratings, and you can go as high as R, as long as you warn.

I'm looking forward to your story, Shrike. Whee, violence!

Of course, I totally thought that the reviews for everyone's story would be posted, so everyone would know where they stood against the others, could see how their story was reviewed (and might help them improve), and to know the scores. Yes, only two people are actually going to be considered "first" and "second", but... I'm really just confused about this. Wait to see what Gummy says, since it's really his contest.

Bay

Years
Don't worry Shrike, more entries won't stress me out (yet). :P Thank goodness for this get together! XD

And Shrike, while it's better that you have the story be more kid friendly because of the many young people here, I wouldn't worry too much. Yeah, PC does alllow R rated fics. So, a warning in the fic's post should be good enough (although yeah, it won't stop the kids from reading your fic :P ).

EDIT: Three posts while I was typing? This isn't the Ultimate Trivia thread! XD;

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Mine's not going to be very violent, mostly just....weird. I honestly don't think it has a chance, I mena, almost all of you are better writers than me. But I have to at least try...right?

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
Eh, I already know about the whole warning thing since I've already posted (the first part of) an even more violent fanfic than what I'm going to submit. Haven't got any complaints about Haunting at the Old Chateau from anyone yet, so unless the specific method of violence in this is worse than anything there (which is unlikely considering how Haunting kindly shows that lawnmowers and birds don't mix well) I don't think it'd be a problem. I'm just overly cautious. What has me more concerned is my usage of the prompt. No Celebi or Dialga though, so that's good. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Of course, I totally thought that the reviews for everyone's story would be posted, so everyone would know where they stood against the others, could see how their story was reviewed (and might help them improve), and to know the scores. Yes, only two people are actually going to be considered "first" and "second", but... I'm really just confused about this. Wait to see what Gummy says, since it's really his contest.
Well if we get reviews too that'd really even it out. It'd count as a kind of third place... Just things like this, you don't want to try your hardest and feel left out. "Honourable mention" at the very least, with a B- slapped on there or something.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I planned on PMing reviews to the respective writers and simply posting the scores in here. As for the prizes, if there were an ties I'd give all tying entries the deserved emblem. I considered making an honorable mention emblem, but the staff have A LOT of emblems to upload and hand out by the end of this and I didn't want to make their jobs any harder.

Back