• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is that it for CoroCoro this month? Any news was good anyway.

We don't know yet. We've only seen two pages and there's usually more than two for Pokemon so maybe we'll see some more coming between now and the 15th. :)

blue

gucci
Years
So there's still more? I doubt they'll reveal any new Pokemon unless, like I said the new Eeveelution has some sort of Counterpart but what we've got already is great.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if this was all we got. However, I was really hoping we would have gotten to know the region name and possibly seen a glimpse of it by now. It's usually one of the first things that get revealed early on.

It's possible we can see a few more scans leak later within the day or next few days if there's more. CoroCoro doesn't officially come out until the 15th anyway.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Regarding Ninfia, it being the lightest in weight of all Eeveelutions could further imply it being flying-type. That with its generally floaty appearance makes me bet on Flying. But could go any way. :P

I'd really love to see some more general info in the future pages. Especially more overworld and landscapes, hahaha

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Every time I hear "Light" type it brings back bad memories of people speculating before Gen V about it urghh. dem horrible reasons

I'm thinking it's either a Normal type or Flying.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I don't know, Ninfia doesn't exactly look like a Eeveelution but sort of. I think it's pretty cute though! As others said , it does look like Skyla and Victini had a baby.But it's still rather cute. As for it's type, it looks like it's gonna be either Normal, Flying or Dragon. To me the bows look like they could work as wings.

Oh, yes, I see the Victini eyes there...
I hate Victini. His eyes are also creepy.
I also hate Pikachu. Why the hell is he has to stuck himself between all those eevee family members in the poster, even though he is defiantly not an eeveelution?!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Oh, yes, I see the Victini eyes there...
I hate Victini. His eyes are also creepy.
I also hate Pikachu. Why the hell is he has to stuck himself between all those eevee family members in the poster, even though he is defiantly not an eeveelution?!

Being the series mascot has it's perks, I guess. I'm pretty excited about the new Eeveelution and the "secret" type. It's been a long time since we've had a new type, so I hope it's a new one!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Being the series mascot has it's perks, I guess. I'm pretty excited about the new Eeveelution and the "secret" type. It's been a long time since we've had a new type, so I hope it's a new one!

This. It's the face of Pokemon; it pretty much has to be there.

Is there really a need for a Light type though?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
We're likely getting more, there is still some XY news to be had, and the Pokemon Rumble U page hasn't been leaked yet. In other news, cutest eeveelution yet, or cutest one yet? I love the big ol eyes, and the ribbons give it some elegance. I wonder what type its going to be.

Scratch that, seems like this is all for XY this month.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I must say I'm slightly disappointed in this Eeveelution. I thought it was fake when I first saw it. I'm kind of going back and forth between if I like it or not.

In any case, I think it's flying. It looks too much like Victini. I'm hoping for the male counterpart idea, that was pretty legit.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I... really don't mind that it looks like a Victini, or have the colors of a Milotic. I mean, in the world of pokemon, pokemon look like other pokemon. I'm just glad that we have this little guy; I do wonder if there's going to be another Eeveelution revealed later maybe. CoroCoro is supposed to be released on the 15th no? Perhaps we'll see more scans?

In any case, judging by that in game image in the full scan... those kinda look like feathers to me (though being orange and red is odd, maybe sky attack?) and it doesn't look like it's getting hit, it looks like it's using the attack itself. Hence why flying just bumped normal off its perch as "most likely type" in my book. Though if it does turn out to be normal, there's a few interesting possibilities that makes more likely.

If it is normal type, it stands to reason that it might be treated differently than the other eeveeolutions, due to being the same type as eevee. As such it might not adhere to the same conventions as past eeveeolutions. It could have a different set of base stats, maybe even a different total. It could have a different level-up move pattern. All sorts of things. But really, now that I've seen that in-game image I'm thinking flying, which I can't help but to wonder about. How will it perform in competitve battling? Of course this all depends on the spread and movepool. Flying is an interesting type, and is very potent offensively given the right moves. The problem is of course that most flying types that aren't straight up birds tend to get the shaft when it comes to flying type moves.

Years
I saw one speculation that said it looks like Ninfia is using Feather Dance in the one picture from the poster. Maybe it is a flying type?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm looking at that picture and it doesn't look like FeatherDance at all, although it's hard to say as they like to revamp the designs of attacks.

Though I would like to believe it is Flying-type just so the people complaining about it being Normal-type would be quiet, but I'm curious as to how that would even work... xD

Regardless, I don't care what type it is, I love all Eeveelutions and Ninfia is adorable as heck Cx

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
This Pokemon, I can honestly say, is the absolute worst looking Pokemon of all time! I'd much rather have seen a starter evolution rather then this piece of crap. I'm praying its not flying type, because they had an awesome chance to make an Eevelution a badass.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea not entirely sure about it using feather dance....and also what feathers?

This Pokemon, I can honestly say, is the absolute worst looking Pokemon of all time! I'd much rather have seen a starter evolution rather then this piece of crap. I'm praying its not flying type, because they had an awesome chance to make an Eevelution a badass.

IpiwDsc.jpg

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
It's not the worst looking Pokémon of all time, but IMO it's the worst eeveelution. It just seems overdesigned and barely fits with the others.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Gyarados, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Gligar, Gliscor, Emolga, Thundurus, Landorus.

All are Pokemon without Winged appendages being part Flying. Gligar, Gliscor, and Emolga have skin like webbing that take the place of wings, but still aren't actual wings. It wouldn't be the first time we've had a wingless Flier.

That said though, I'm shooting Normal. Kinda hope Syddy's Dragon idea is right though cause that would be awesome.

Dont forget Doduo/Dudrio... they have no wings

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Dont forget Doduo/Dudrio... they have no wings

Good point, and they can actually learn Fly .-.

Same with Golurk, it's not Flying-type but it can still Fly...? I don't think GF really cares if the Pokemon has wings or not, haha.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013

This guy. He seems pretty upset.
p7j46ee.png

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Hmm. Well I like Ninfia, though of all the Eeveelutions it's the least appealing to me. Can't say I know what type it is but if I had to guess I'd go with Flying. I've seen speculation elsewhere that it's a new type but I hope to goodness it's not. Still, the text on the scan is mysterious. "There's a secret in this evelution", "which type?" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back