• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Lovers Association v2!~

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
Abba has one delightfull cat of five years named Oscar, who is a Norwegian Forest Cat/Ragdoll mix.

I don't have any pictures of him on hand but gawd he's adorable I'll try to remember to grab a picture or two of him later to show the lil psycho off~

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Awww he's absolutely adorable, I want it *.* What happened to his fourth leg? Accident, birth defect...? Do you tend to find him harder to look after with a missing leg or do you just not notice any more? You two seem to have a cute relationship haha.

It was cancer (I think), but I got used to his lack of leg after a few months or so. He also dances for food. We got him off Craigslist for free back in 2008.

He and my mom's other dog Momo like to play what I call "Hardcore Tug-of-War".

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It was cancer (I think), but I got used to his lack of leg after a few months or so. He also dances for food. We got him off Craigslist for free back in 2008.

He and my mom's other dog Momo like to play what I call "Hardcore Tug-of-War".
Ohh i see :o Probably a silly question but I assume you got him whilst he had 3 legs and it didn't happen whilst you had him? Just wondering how big of an impact it would make haha. The dancing for food sounds adorable omg XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to those that joined. <3

I got a picture from my dad. A week ago or so, they adopted a female chihuahua mix so that way Bentley could have a playmate (Abby was too big for him haha). She was too perfect for him. They named her Tiny because well...she's tiny! xD

She's super cute and I can't wait to meet her very soon when I visit my parents. She's on the right, btw!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Aww Tiny looks so cute, I'm jealous! Did you get to meet her yet? Really wish I could own a pet here at uni but the landlord is against it :( Plus it'd cost so much money that I don't have already, but still...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Nope, but when I visit my parents in Cali in two weeks, I will be able to. It didn't take her long to potty-train her (took me about 6 months to train Bentley), and she's very quiet (usually female Chihuahua pups are REALLY loud and loyal to only one person). I will post more pics when I get there though!

That's one reason why I want to move out of my current loft and move to a bigger apartment. I want a pet, either a dog or a cat. (or even a Ferret, though I'll have to shell out $300 straight out of my pocket to buy everything INCLUDING the ferret). Hopefully I can do that before Summer's end!

It's also a little expensive to rent an apartment with a pet. That's another $250-300 non-refundable deposit straight out as well, but what would we do without animals in our lives? xD

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Hey, I'm Cariad, but my actual name is Molly so try and call me that if you can! My favourite animals are probably cats, though I love any kind of feline, so tigers and panthers are a close second. I also love rodents, specifically guinea pigs and chinchillas, and I love canines as well... in fact, I love pretty much all animals!

I own one cat at the moment, since I'm only allowed one animal at a time, and I've had her for about 8 or so years now? She's a black and white mixed breed. I'm having a bit of trouble with her right now though - she's really more of an outdoors cat than an indoors cat (my parent's choice, not mine) and we can't seem to get her to come inside, apart from eating. She spends all her time outside, in the garden, and only comes in to eat, or use the litterbox. It's worrying.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome, Cariad! It's wonderful for you to join in! Your cat is roughly the same age as my boyfriend's cat. She's a little inactive, but we're hoping to get her to become a bit more active since she's a little overweight. I know a few tricks, though!

Congrats on your dog's pregnancy again, Joey! I'm sure it'll be a joy for her to have puppies again. :3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
View attachment 75466

So I just got back from florida and I decided to take some pictures and yeah. I got a few of a dolphin, pelicans, and of my aunts cats. (That's not all I got but for the sake of the thread, those are the animal ones I got.

and if I could figure out how to upload more pictures from my phone I would do so.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi Fletch! Welcome to the club. :3 Arctic Foxes are freaking adorable!

Anyone seen the trailer to The Secret Life of Pets? It's so funny, and it really makes you wonder what really happens when you are away and leave your pets at home.

Also, in other news, I finally got myself an aquarium! Bought a male veiltail betta fish, and it had added a lot of life in my place.

https://twitter.com/petaldancer/status/611727198551175168

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
When I watched that trailer, the dog who's just staring at the door waiting for his owner to return reminded me of my dog. She just sits in the window waiting for me to come back home from work.

I love how you decorated Bob's aquarium! And I've heard he's a little bit of a troublemaker? (He was about to jump out of his home one night, right?) A part of me misses having fish around, but I have no place to put a tank.

Years
Hey, everyone. I'm brygarde/Bryan! I was a little hesitant to join at first because I am not currently a pet owner. Unfortunately, as much as I love animals, my parents have been sort of the obstacle to me having an animal of my own. My mom is allergic to basically every animal except dogs and we had one when I was very small for a while, but she ended up giving her to my uncle (who has 5 dogs at the time/7 dogs now-he rescues greyhounds). So, that kinda ruined the possibility of me having a pet while living with my parents. However, I do intend on getting a pet of my own once I move out. Growing up, I always had to mooch off of my friends who had animals and take advantage of spending time with them at their houses.

My favorite animals are pigs, dogs, cats, elephants, giraffes, dolphins, and cows (just to name a few). My favorites are pigs and dogs though, with cats closely behind. My cousin has a small farm where she raises pigs (not for slaughter, but as pets) and they're super cute, friendly, and intelligent. I love them all, from the big, chunky ones to the smaller ones. If I don't live in a city area (as pigs aren't really allowed there), I hope to adopt a pig of my own. I'd also like to have a Pomeranian and/or a Golden Retriever, and maybe a cat or two. Guess I need a big house for all of them :P

Well, anyways, hi all! :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, Asty. He tried that three times so far, even with the tank secured and closed. Poor guy he keeps bumping his head those three times on the surface. Apparently betta fish are really good jumpers. So it's not recommended to keep them in open-surface fish bowls. I was leaning towards getting one for him, but I opted for a 1-gallon aquarium instead. xD

He seems to be really happy now, has been producing a huge bubble nest. I've been thinking of getting him a "girlfish" but I don't want to have to go through the pain of...well, you know...future fry and all that! xD

Welcome, btw, Bryan! I love your history of animals. Do you mean an actual pig or a pug? (I have an uncle who owns a farmload of pigs in Mexico).

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I refuse to let this die! (Even though it's been about 7 days since the last post...)

So my dog has started labor. Her temp dropped to 98.9, so she should be going on the next day or 2.

Years
Hi! I'm Spoony, and I'm a cat lady :meow:

I have 2 18 month old cats called Eli and Sheldon - I've put a picture of them in my profile album - who break me from cute every single day! They are insatiable when it comes to play, belly rubs and chicken!

I also volunteer for my local branch of Cats Protection which is amazing to be part of. My hope is that a job will come up at some point.

Venitardus, I hope your dog is doing well!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Please keep us up to date with your dog's labor, Joey! I hope she gets through okay. D:

& welcome aboard, Spoony. Yay for cat ladies! I am a cat lady at heart, I practically adore them. <3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Venitardus, I hope your dog is doing well!

Please keep us up to date with your dog's labor, Joey! I hope she gets through okay. D:

& welcome aboard, Spoony. Yay for cat ladies! I am a cat lady at heart, I practically adore them. <3

Well, my dog had a difficult labor. She had 3 pups at home, having them every 2 hours or so, which isn't good. The last one at home wasn't developed enough and didn't make it. So me and my mom took her to the emergency room. After about 4 hours there (6 hours after the last pup came out), she finally had a c-section. She had 3 more pups. She just came home about an hour and a half ago and her and the babies are all gone and healthy. This was her smallest litter. But anyway. Here is a pic of the puppies.
View attachment 75876

Back