• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
YAY! Supporters with userbars! I don't like userbars, but I'll use those for the cuteness!

Also:
hack2_02.png
hack2_01.png

New primary tree (not perfect, but the other was $&@%)
And the secondary tree now piles up as in the old times.

HiroChicken

Eevee of Tomorrow
Years
I must ask, why does Raka have Spore instead of Sleep Powder so early?

I like the character/rival designs. Definitely an improvement over Quartz. Since you put Foxy in Tangerine City, will we be seeing at some later point with her Team Foxy?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
I must ask, why does Raka have Spore instead of Sleep Powder so early?

I like the character/rival designs. Definitely an improvement over Quartz. Since you put Foxy in Tangerine City, will we be seeing at some later point with her Team Foxy?
Yeah when I fought some rakas I noticed that spore was a bit too much (i didn't knew it was so accurate). I'll change it to sleep powder in the future.

And no, foxy was just a little SA reference that won't repeat anymore. Also, most of the pokemon that were in team foxy won't be in marble.

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
Years
Hey Baro.
You may have see me in the sp forums, but I'll post in this thread because sp, specifacally the marble thread, is a total disaster (sp is not the same since the mendrax came in, and it will not be a peaceful place again until they're banned).

Anyway, I'm glad you changed the tree, this one looks cool.
But I don't like the secondary tree. It looks...odd.

Besides that, the only critic I have to make is about your maps.
They're a bit too empty, and they are pretty repetitive (they all look similar, using almost all the same tiles).

HiroChicken

Eevee of Tomorrow
Years
Yeah when I fought some rakas I noticed that spore was a bit too much (i didn't knew it was so accurate). I'll change it to sleep powder in the future.

And no, foxy was just a little SA reference that won't repeat anymore. Also, most of the pokemon that were in team foxy won't be in marble.

Yeah, Spore is 100% accurate versus Sleep Powder's 70%. Spore learned in the 20s or so would be fine though.

Figured it would just be a reference, but fighting her would have been neat. Swap.Bear would be nice to have too.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
Woah Baro this is really great, I think your sprites has been monumentally improved.
And that tree tiles are much better.

Well, finally, now you're considering the maps graphics, and the results are pretty good.

Keep it up!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Since I still haven't played the game, I wanted to know (from Baro or other user), if there are some Water/Dragon pokes (my favorite mixed type, as I always say), are there any? (hope they look good if there are, or at least be strong :))

Keep it up, dude!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Since I still haven't played the game, I wanted to know (from Baro or other user), if there are some Water/Dragon pokes (my favorite mixed type, as I always say), are there any? (hope they look good if there are, or at least be strong :))

Keep it up, dude!

One of the legendaries is water/dragon. (komokume, whose sprite can be seen in the computer at laetitia's house, in grace beach). Also, progon is still there and so rubygon and sapphirgon (which is water/dragon). BTW: I might make a new evolution for progon, emeralgon or somethign like that, parodying rayquaza.
I may make some new dragon type mixes too. I like them.

Years
As I can see on the screens, there is BIG improvement. I like these trees xd
By the way, you can take my userbar if you want ;d (animationnn *_*)
supportitfc1.gif

HTML:
[url=http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=105257][IMG]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3556/supportitfc1.gif[/IMG][/url]

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Where do you find the ticket to Meroe?

That's one of the events that require the use of lucky/unlucky tags.
Spoiler:

One of the new things in this hack is the amulet tag and the charmed tag. some events (in beta 1.1, only one for each tag, but obviously there will be more during the game) will take place only if you have one of the tags, which you can exchange anytime in Cobaltstation city (in the ruined house).
sometimes it's not skill... it's just a matter of good or bad luck :P

Also: new screenshot:
hack2_02-1.png

The EGG TRAIN. I hacked seagallop's animation.
I can control where you appear at the end of the special (I mean, chose it, but not to any map I want, just the eleven possible destinations that existed in FR), and I can control whether it moves to the left or to the right.
Also, hacking the background was tricky because I had to mess with raw tilemaps (with raw I mean uncompressed, as in not in unlzgba).

When I edit the map where you arive in your first trip, I'll make a video so you can see it better.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
That's one of the events that require the use of lucky/unlucky tags.
Spoiler:

One of the new things in this hack is the amulet tag and the charmed tag. some events (in beta 1.1, only one for each tag, but obviously there will be more during the game) will take place only if you have one of the tags, which you can exchange anytime in Cobaltstation city (in the ruined house).
sometimes it's not skill... it's just a matter of good or bad luck :P

Also: new screenshot:
hack2_02-1.png

The EGG TRAIN. I hacked seagallop's animation.
I can control where you appear at the end of the special (I mean, chose it, but not to any map I want, just the eleven possible destinations that existed in FR), and I can control whether it moves to the left or to the right.
Also, hacking the background was tricky because I had to mess with raw tilemaps (with raw I mean uncompressed, as in not in unlzgba).

When I edit the map where you arive in your first trip, I'll make a video so you can see it better.

That is sweet! You impress me agian! ^^

Good Job Baro & Good Luck! I hope the game is coming along fine, cause it sure looks like it!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
JOJO! It's the Egg Train? :P

Well, nice to know that some people really want to mess up with the Seagallop's cut-scene, it ended up looking fine. Too bad you cannot control the map you'll be warped to, but I guess you already have everything you needed, anyway.

But, what's the origin of the train's name? It's pretty funny ^^

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
JOJO! It's the Egg Train? :P

Well, nice to know that some people really want to mess up with the Seagallop's cut-scene, it ended up looking fine. Too bad you cannot control the map you'll be warped to, but I guess you already have everything you needed, anyway.

But, what's the origin of the train's name? It's pretty funny ^^

The train's name is because when I sprited it, it looked like an squared egg or something like that. hehe. But I liked it so yeah.

Yeah, I can't control where you warp to, but that's no problem because I'm replacing the former docks with maps of inside the train. So, after the cutscene, you'll appear inside the train. Also, I'll mess with map scripts so you'll be asked if you want to stay in this station or not. the idea is the following:
  1. (not in the first trip) The train normally goes counter-clockwise along the four regions, in this order: GARNA (north)- MEROE (west)- GASU (south) - KIEL (east)
  2. Once you get the season voucher for the train, when you get to a station you'll be asked if you want to go in.
  3. If so, after the cutscene, you'll warp to next station, but you'll appear in the train.
  4. Automatically, a script will tell you in which station you are and will ask you if you want to get out here or stay until the next station
  5. if you say YES, repeat 3 and 4. If you say NO, you can walk in the train and talk to the rest of passengers or get out (if so, you'll warp to the current region's station). you will also be able to check the windows of the train, which will run the script in step 4

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Whoa- Inside of the train! I would have never expected that! So you can't choose where you want to go? Well, at least the travel won't take too long. (Damn Fire Red and its map problems...)

Back