• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokestar!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Haha how true. lol.

At the moment i am totally at a loss about the last robot with a heart movie... hm I am always getting koed latest at the 4 th scene..

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
My Espeon has a giant glowing star pop up when ever it enters battle!!!! How is that even possible???

From Bulbapedia: If the player manages to create a strange ending with their own Pokémon, their Pokémon will become a star, thus they will be given a special entry animation, much like when a Shiny Pokémon is sent out. The entry animation will be removed if the player then creates a bad ending using the same Pokémon.

I didn't even know it was possible! My Espeon couldn't one hit KO the pawniard, so it casued a strange ending, giving my Espeon (magic bounce, given from castilia) a special Star!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Yes whem my electabuzz was still a elekid, it also gained a star, since then it has got some more strange endings. best one got me 990 mio pokedollars. lol

Pinta77

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the Pokestar thing. However I think that this is a step in the right direction. It opened the door to non Pokemon enemies. How fun would it be if in a future game, team Rocket got their hands on a mecha Tyranitar and you had to fight it!?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I liked pokestar better than contests and musicals. Exspecly the musicals. But they are still a bit annoying to do. If they could make it a bit more active,instead of just a pokemon battle. I think that would be good.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
How fun would it be if in a future game, team Rocket got their hands on a mecha Tyranitar and you had to fight it!?

Very.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Pokéstar addition. I mean, it is a cool idea, but it doesn't appeal to me personally. I prefer things like contests where you're showcasing your own Pokémon that you've worked hard to train for the contests you're doing and where there's quite a lot of variation in what you have to do :3 However, this might just be because I'm seriously bad at the Pokéstar studios lmao. I can't even beat the Elgyem in the first space invaders film so I'm not sure I'm really cut out for being a movie star haha. I do like the idea of fighting props though, that's pretty fun!

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
It's definitely better than the musicals, which I never really got my head around. But it is a shame that you are forced to do the movies first time around with rented Pokemon. It feels like going through the motions when what I really want to do is use my own choices. Surely picking the right pokemon with the appropriate moveset is the real challenge here?

I've yet to see a sidegame yet which is as good as the Pokeathlon in HeartGold/SoulSilver though. I spent ages with that!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I like this Pokestar thing. It was annoying to get through a few movies, knowing that the opponent might just be higher in level, like Mecha Tyranitar 2...yeah, that was hard to go through. There was Brycen-Man Strikes Back Harder, which made me shoot for lots of times, knowing that I have to defeat 6 Pokemon using one and there's only 6 turns to do so. I kinda like the whole storyline once it got into the theaters...Love and Battles' final movie was a good one...but it was strange. I'm already dead? xD Yeah, the end result was awesome...they're always awesome, at least a few do end well. But well...sometimes there are some anomalies, like Brycen-Man's movie...when he obtained the Brycen Jet...how come the Jet's talking? That was flat-out strange. And one other thing...if Brycen-Man's who I'd attack anyway, how come he was changed by a prop? I guess it's because he'd have to strike back, and he can't do so. That's one. The same goes with Timegate Traveler's Black Belt with the same reason.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Pokestar Studio

Are you supposed to fail your first bouts with this thing? The rental pokemon are terrible. The chances of you pulling off the script is miniscule. I just want my damn Pokestar entrance star. Being the perfectionist I am, I try to succeed the rental pokemon shoots first(they make you anyway), and I'm not going anywhere.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The rental Pokemon you're given out at Pokestar Studios are meant to fulfill the given scripts of the movies you're doing. As long as you follow the scripts, you should get a good ending for the movies. If you want your own Pokemon to have those entrance stars, it might be a good idea for them to have movesets that are similar to the rental Pokemon you used.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Ya, The rental Pokémon are set up perfectly for each situation. You must be missing something. Try asking the door man for an explanation again

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
In the second brycen film, you get a Herdier and you are supposed to roar out the roggenrola on the first turn. I get rock blasted to yellow health. I roar second due to reduced priority. Second turn, I get killed after getting a bite off, but can't ko the second pokemon. This happens every time. Doesn't help that the Herdier is underleveled compared to the enemy pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
When can you use your own Pokemon for it, anyway? When you beat all the movies?
When you get a certain amount of money from a movie I think...I got mine with the third Time traveler...or maybe it's when you complete a series, or fill the seats in the movie showing, one of those three.

They are actually quite easy, as long as you say the appropriate lines that the director likes (the opponent uses weaker moves on you if you do so).

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
In the second brycen film, you get a Herdier and you are supposed to roar out the roggenrola on the first turn. I get rock blasted to yellow health. I roar second due to reduced priority. Second turn, I get killed after getting a bite off, but can't ko the second pokemon. This happens every time. Doesn't help that the Herdier is underleveled compared to the enemy pokemon.
It's not just the script you have to follow, you also need to pick "good" lines. Picking "Alright" or "Bad" lines will cause your opponent to use stronger moves and make your Rental Pokemon fail.

You can find info on the lines used in each movie here.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Think about it this way. When films are being made, do you think they always get everything right the first time around? Or do they have to do multiple takes to achieve that perfection?

Random criticals and horrible luck abound.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
This game involves a lot of luck. Sometimes you get some status or get super effective on yourself or others.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I think the pokestar is better than the contests and musicals.I actually stopped doing the main story to try out some of the movies.Though it would be good to get some pokebucks for doing it.I also liked the fact that the protagonist talked more than just Yes and No.I've tried to get strange endings but only got it a couple times.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
It's not just the script you have to follow, you also need to pick "good" lines. Picking "Alright" or "Bad" lines will cause your opponent to use stronger moves and make your Rental Pokemon fail.

You can find info on the lines used in each movie here.
Yeah, the lines part I can just follow a guide, it's the battles that make it seem impossible. I'll give it another go randomly when I feel like it again, which won't be another while. There's too much to do in the game anyway.

Back