• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey Everyone, Tajaros has seen the reported errors you all mentioned and he's currently fixing the scripts and the Larvesta Problem. I'll be able to upload an updated soon. As for moving it to the showcase, once all of the errors are fixed, I'll move it there. As for the level curve, I'll try balancing it out more but still making it difficult. For the person who said their game crashes after Envy, try patching the rom I last uploaded onto another clean fire red rom, exit in and out of the place you're in, and see if the problem still occurs. You see Envy twice, which part does it crash at so I can better help you? We're trying to fix all of the bugs everyone, progress is going slow due to the holidays and we're both trying to enjoy ourselves, but they'll be fixed don't worry. ^.^

EDIT: UPDATED ROM POSTED

Tajaros has updated the rom and fixed a few bugs. The main problems I'm seeing posted on the thread is Sydney/Dray not taking you to the Dark Rising HQ/ Envy's script crashing/ and of course, Larvesta. All of those problems should be fixed in this update. If not, let me know and we'll see what we can do. Thanks ^.^

EDIT2: Just posted Another Rom Update. This fixes the warping problems in Pandora's Box. BE SURE to download it or you won't be able to reach Malice Castle!

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
How do I continue where I left off with the new beta? I deleted my old rom, patched a new one, and kept my sav file but it didn't work...

On your emulator, click "Load" instead of Load Game. Once you press Load, find your save file from the previous rom on your computer and click on it.

Years
Another annoying bug, I feel the need to point out, every time u catch a legendary, their OW Sprite does not, I repeat does not disappear and if u press on the legendary again, u again fight it. Another bug is that after u have completed the Sydney and Dray event after coming out of the Twilight Cave and come back to the town where Atem is I still see Dray and Sydney outside the cave and again they r still not talking to me, mind u if finished that event.Again, after I beat Atem, I see invisible Dray and Sydney talking to me and telling me to cometo the Drak Rising HQ Again. Also, out of curiousity if u could give Hoeen Trainer Battle music when u fight other legendaries would it be possible to give them the Regis theme or even Rayquaza's theme when u fight em. Last thing which DRG can only understand, hopefully we will see "them" unite as one and cause huge chaos to the region won't we DRG? ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
Im stuck in your game in ''AMARIS MANSION'' to be exactly when i fall down im in the wall and can only go up (the right hole the other one teleports me to the begining) could some one pls help. there should be a picture ateched

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Just thought I would let you know that I beat the game, and wow, that elite four are... wow. I tried running through it with an offensive team but had to finally beat it using a probopass (sand stream from another pokemon) and toxic stall because that dark lugia one hit all my other pokemon. Anyway, great game, couple of bugs and a few times I had to use walk through walls but otherwise no real problems. Like what has been said by others the only major bug encountered was that legendaries dont go away if you catch them, so I could have caught every legendary multiple times. Not that I would have had the patience anyway...

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
SECRET PROJECT REVEALED

In addition to me working on Dark Rising 2, me and Nightkymz have started a side project that's not being rushed or a major priority, but it's slowly being developed into something great. I'm talking about Dark Rising 1.5

35bbcl0.png

epm7wg.png
Fells Town
357pr1z.png
Douba Road
2eye0pk.png
Tiki Village
25k34p3.png
Lavaburn Forest
2ajs1h0.png
Flamen City
de0ax0.png
Flamen Route
vynkll.png
Dread Swamp
261lo8w.png
Atlantic City
2hwpe1t.png
Atlantic Path
1erqzb.png
Atlantic Cape

(Some tiles are still a work in progress)

Same Hack with the same storyline just Upgraded Tiles & a extra battle after the defeat of Adrian. Since the scripts from the completed Dark Rising 1 are already in effect, all that's needed is to add the newer tiles and re-position everything. But like I said, this isn't a major priority and isn't fully being focused on. But expect it eventually to replace the already amazing Dark Rising 1 hack. Also, this version of the hack will be locked to avoid changing of scripts and using the tiles Nightkymz worked so hard to insert. So expect all of the scripts that are acting weird now to be properly working and all maps set up flawlessly to avoid any problems while playing. In addition, all of the Pokemon's txt will now be lower cased like most of the original games are now.

As for Dark Rising 2, I'll be posting 1 more update on it in this thread at the start of next year. Sometime in 2013, after the hack has made an average amount of progress, I'll create it's own thread for it. Well, this is the last update from me for 2012. I appreciate everyone who's played my hack and I hope I can continue to improve as I complete the Dark Rising Trilogy. It's going to be an amazing set of hacks that'll only get better & better. Happy Holidays Everyone & have a Happy New Year. ^.^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Wait what do I do after I beat Blitz, how do I get there.

After you beat Blitz, go through the door behind him. And replying to your previous post, all I have to say is Yeah, it's gonna be Very chaotic once they all unite as one. Darugis won't be the only problem the characters have to worry about. It'll feel like the Pokemon world is really coming to an end.

Years
So the Larvesta problem has been fixed right finally???. Or I have to wait more. I am losing patience you know
Nevermind I saw the previous page and it is fixed finally. By the way awesome work again of Dark Rising 1.5

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
i just downloaded this game but the guard or whatever you call it won't let me pass through flamen route. ive already beaten the Sh*t out of the first gym leader. what should i do? is this another bug?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So far I haven't had any problems using this team, but I'm open for suggestions for improving my team. Thanks a lot in advance! :D
Um... using less Fire types? :D

+6 garchomp with 350 atk cant ohko a cresselia with a stone edge?
Because it doesn't have STAB on it?

how to beat dark lugia? how to beat any legendary of the elite 4 without stall
What's the problem with stall? Stalling is the best way how to play.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
i just downloaded this game but the guard or whatever you call it won't let me pass through flamen route. ive already beaten the Sh*t out of the first gym leader. what should i do? is this another bug?

If you defeated the gym leader and the man in J.Blake's lab, you should be able to walk through. No one's ever had a problem with that guard, that's odd. But if you did all of that and he's still not moving for some reason, just remove him using advance map.

EDIT: Oops, I realized why he's not going away. Since I switched the first badge with another badge, he thinks you don't have the 1st gym leader's badge lol. I'll be fixing that tonight everyone, sorries about that.

UPDATED ROM POSTED

For those who just started the hack, the problem with the guy in Flamen City is now fixed. Due to me changing the badge order so Larvesta would listen to the player, I had to change that guy's script to correspond with the order.

Just Wondering, are you gonna release Dark Rising 1.5 when it's complete?

Yeah, that'll be released when it's fully completed and play-tested to avoid any errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back