• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
Just pointing out one thing to DRG, since probably like me she is a WWF/WWE fan, I think she got Envy's line wrong meaning the guy who has Cheren's battle sprite, I got that he was copying Bret Hart's signature line so it's actually, " I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be" not "best there ever is" just pointing out, feel free to change it if u want also, out of curiousity do u still watch WWE, cus I noticed u gave a fat trainer Ryback's line with "FEED ME MORE". Just curious and gotta say nice hack and looking forward to "their" destruction. :D

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
I can't get into the house with the sign, "WANTED: ABRA!" at.. I think it was Lavaburn Path? :D

@Ash493: Well, the sunshine decreases water type moves by 50% if I'm not mistaken, and I think I have Venusaur and Victini covering the Water-types anyways. :D

Years
Im stuck in your game in ''AMARIS MANSION'' to be exactly when i fall down im in the wall and can only go up (the right hole the other one teleports me to the begining) could some one pls help. there should be a picture ateched

Umm, here's what I did. From the beginning, I went up the 2nd floor, switched the Mew/Abra(? Whatever, I forgot. XD) statue then went down again, I got transported to the floor where Amaris is, the one in Fire Red like the basement thingy with Blizzard in there if I'm not mistaken.

Hope this helps! :D

Years
@Ash493: Okayy, (speechless like a noob), soooo, could PM me or post what is that STAB? I'm not that familiar with thoseee, thingys. XD

@alienhunterx: Oww, so that's where Larvesta is! O.o, well, you could catch one at Inferno Mountain, or breed one if ya want it at a lower level. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Great Hack, Ummm.... this is my first time to post ... i saw a lot of bugs/errors , i fixed it myself using AM .. and GREAT HACK ! Loved it ! Can't wait for DR2 ! Can i Suggest Something ? Can you Lock Your Rom using RHEA ? Because My Cousin Edited some pokemon , especially Emolga ,, he changed the stats to 255 (MAX) Damn that guy ! Anyways . Looking Forward for Part 2 ! Love Ya DRG And Tajaros !

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
An updated rom FINALLY fixing this Larvesta issue will be posted in an hour. He'll now listen to you and the House will opened. Also, the problem of ENVY at the end of the hack will be fixed as well. With these problems now fixed, all major bugs should now be gone according to everyone's playthrough. The main problems, which are the following;

Sydney at Mystic Falls
Larvesta not listening and can't enter the house
Amaris's Mansion warps not warping the player right
Envy's battle at the end of the hack
Adrian in Numassity City
Sydney and Dray not bringing you to the HQ
The 4 Legendary Trainers will have their own Trainer Sprites shown when you battle them now instead of the elite 4.
Kayo's script after you battle him on Trilogy Island.

All of these events are now fixed within the update I'll be releasing in an hour. Afterwards, I'll make sure the legendary Pokemon disappear after they've been caught. I'll be posting soon when it's uploaded.

EDIT: UPDATED ROM POSTED
The Rom I just uploaded fixes all of the above problems mentioned in this post. Also, here's a look of more progress that's been made for Dark Rising 1.5:

zja52c.png
Mystic Falls
18n81z.png
Grass Isle

An Update on Dark Rising 2 will be posted in the first week of the new year as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
An updated rom FINALLY fixing this Larvesta issue will be posted in an hour. He'll now listen to you and the House will opened. Also, the problem of ENVY at the end of the hack will be fixed as well. With these problems now fixed, all major bugs should now be gone according to everyone's playthrough. The main problems, which are the following;

Sydney at Mystic Falls
Larvesta not listening and can't enter the house
Amaris's Mansion warps not warping the player right
Envy's battle at the end of the hack
Adrian in Numassity City
Sydney and Dray not bringing you to the HQ
The 4 Legendary Trainers will have their own Trainer Sprites shown when you battle them now instead of the elite 4.
Kayo's script after you battle him on Trilogy Island.

All of these events are now fixed within the update I'll be releasing in an hour. Afterwards, I'll make sure the legendary Pokemon disappear after they've been caught. I'll be posting soon when it's uploaded.

EDIT: UPDATED ROM POSTED
The Rom I just uploaded fixes all of the above problems mentioned in this post. Also, here's a look of more progress that's been made for Dark Rising 1.5:

An Update on Dark Rising 2 will be posted in the first week of the new year as well.
Thanks for the info..DarkRising 1 was awesome..can't wait for DR2!!!! :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
can you tell me how can i get out the frozen dungeon to reach to another city ? , it seems like whenever i get out the dungeon frozen , i find myself out front of the door from amary´s room . + I dont know what can i find in frozen dungeon , all what i found its hm07 and a TM , does this dungeon have something else ?

P/S : btw , dark rising is actually the best hack that i ever play at the moment . thank you for the game

Years
@DRG: Have you fixed the repetition of battle events in almost everything? Likeeeeee, the one with Brock and Entei in Atlantic Cave, the one with Ivan in Battle Cave, and Zachery in Mystic Falls. It's like, everytime I fly to Mystic Falls, and go up towars Nursery Road, I have to batlle that freak again.

Anyways, great update!!

And with regards to the moves, there's a physical/special split right? If I'm right, Night Slash, Shadow Claw and Ice Punch are special? It should've been physical.. right? :D I couldn't kill a level 70 Hydreigon with a level 100 Weavile. And yes, it is EV trained with max Attack and Speed. And it has an Adamant nature.

That would be all. :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
can you tell me how can i get out the frozen dungeon to reach to another city ? , it seems like whenever i get out the dungeon frozen , i find myself out front of the door from amary´s room . + I dont know what can i find in frozen dungeon , all what i found its hm07 and a TM , does this dungeon have something else ?

P/S : btw , dark rising is actually the best hack that i ever play at the moment . thank you for the game

Thanks. If you walk up between the Waterfall, you'll enter an area that will eventually bring you to a part of the cave where Kaz is. After that, walk up and you'll enter Kyurem's Den. Hope that helps. If not, PM me and I'll assist you farther.

@DRG: Have you fixed the repetition of battle events in almost everything? Likeeeeee, the one with Brock and Entei in Atlantic Cave, the one with Ivan in Battle Cave, and Zachery in Mystic Falls. It's like, everytime I fly to Mystic Falls, and go up towars Nursery Road, I have to batlle that freak again.

Anyways, great update!!

And with regards to the moves, there's a physical/special split right? If I'm right, Night Slash, Shadow Claw and Ice Punch are special? It should've been physical.. right? :D I couldn't kill a level 70 Hydreigon with a level 100 Weavile. And yes, it is EV trained with max Attack and Speed. And it has an Adamant nature.

That would be all. :D

I'll be fixing those after the holidays. But no, there's no physical/special split because Tajaros said the program would ruin the hack. But hey, at least ya Adamant Weavile still KO'd the Hydriegon lol

Years
I'll be fixing those after the holidays. But no, there's no physical/special split because Tajaros said the program would ruin the hack. But hey, at least ya Adamant Weavile still KO'd the Hydriegon lol

Great, and here I was restarting the game three times thinking of nice movesets for my pokes. But ok, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch Alakazam to the rescue!!! :D

Oh yeah, man! I spent 2 whole days (well, I spent 48 hours of playing time) training that Weavile!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
I have a question. I have a two masterballs and i am now in nows men land and i can battle with landorus . am i suposed catch him with masterball or ...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022

So wait, this hack DOESN'T have the split then..., nuts. Is this a problem with all 3rd Gen hacks? I ask because iirc, Liquid Crystal has that problem too, though I'm sure not if you're using the same program.

you should probably remove that bit in your topic post about the game having the Phys/Spec split though (although you can claim that it does, just not the 4th Gen+ split ;))

Back