• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The first video game you played!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have no idea what it was called - and Wikipedia/Google have provided no help - but the first game I can remember playing was a Taz (i.e. the Looney Tunes character) game for Game Boy where he's on an island and has to eat things or something. It wasn't Tazmania or Tazmania 2: Escape from Mars, as I can vividly remember the Game Boy cartridge and it doesn't match up to any of those... but I have no idea what the actual game was called, which is a shame.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I remember fondly that my first video game is Super Mario 64. Oh the sweet memories of collecting those power stars, avoiding Jolly Roger Bay like the plague, and messing around in the castle.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Super Mario All-Stars. Don't remember which one of the four included in the package, except maybe Lost Levels- I'm sure that one was not it XD

Years
First game I played was...Prince of Persia, introduced to me by my Dad. I used to love it so much but now I hate it so much xD

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Donkey Kong 64 for me. I'm pretty sure I played games on the old Gameboy, but I was too young to remember much. I blame my dad for my current obsession with video games.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
I remember very clearly the first game I played. My parents had a Spectrum 48k ordered and it arrived (I think) with a tape of example games. The first one to load was "Breakout".

showscreen.cgi

I have some blurry memories of Pong on an old Atari, but Breakout is the first one I remember getting my hands on and playing.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I remember when I was a little kid my parent's found my sister's Genesis in the garage (she never really cared for video games). It had a copy of the original Sonic the Hedgehog with it and I absolutely loved it. Too bad my sister decided to give the Genesis away a few weeks later.

Charizard Girl

Monster Slayer
Years
Oh wow.....first game I played.....had to be Millipede on the GBA when I was no older than 5.

Last edited:
Years
First game I played was The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time. Man, I ust've been about two or three years old. Still my favourite game ever.~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not including the computer games that I was playing for who knows how long before an actual video game? Pokemon Silver. On my eighth birthday when I was given a Gameboy Color and both Pokemon Gold and Silver with it. I do not remember having any video games before then.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
When I was 9 I got my first game, a PlayStation 2 game called Burnout 3. Believe it or not, I had finished the game just yesterday. The halt-up in time was because I hated racing with the US Circuit Racer. The speed was great but the control was horrid.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Pokemon Pinball and Red if I remember correctly. I can't remember which was my first, and I think that's where my Pokémon interest sparked.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
The first game I remember playing is Super Mario World or Super Mario All-Stars. Not sure which one it is, but it was definitely a Mario game on the SNES. Maybe I played something before that (my parents had an Atari), but I really don't remember.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
I think it was Kings Quest The Princeless Bride, Shivers, Alone in the Dark, or Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest. One of those games.

Years
The first video game I played was Super Mario World back in '94, when I got the SNES and Super Mario All Star + Super Mario World bundle. Still have to this day.

Back