• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fenrir's Art Den

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Hello members of the world! This is my art thread!

-First things first, Sprites!
1_zps4264bbc1.png

My first trainer sprite... It was made for a trainer card way back when I was still known on other forms as BuddyFaithAKADiego. If anyone is wondering, the character in the sprite is Buddy Faith from the Ace Attotney Series.

2-1_zps9d906572.png

My second sprite, after a while, I had the whimsical idea of making this guy. He's a Water-Type Gym Leader and is the temporary leader of Humilau City while Marlon is out with Cress. His title was "The Aquatic Musician." He was me.

6_zpscf5d63b3.png

Later, I decided that my design needed to look more casual. So, I took Morty's sprite, and used it, and created this. I was still a Leader, but, causualized.

11_zps90d209d3.png

Eventually, I wanted to redo it again, and show off some of the Water-Type's blue. I wasn't satisfied with the hair, however, and Lance's pose, though nice, wasn't the best choice. Now, I didn't look as casual, but, not as somber as before either...
done_zpsa819c519.png

And finally, we get to this guy. Fenrir. I'm very proud how he came out, though, right now, he just has a front sprite, the first frame of a back sprite, a map icon, and a Vs. Screen with an incomplete arm... The pose started with Iris, and became more complicated from there, and the back sprite started with Silver, I added Chyrel's arms, and Lucas's head, and we got this!
More to come, just, later on though.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Moved it to PA because it belongs here. Please be aware that you're supposed to post all threads related to pixel art in pixel art boards only and not in Art & Design. If you have traditional, digital or graphic art along with pixel art, you may post in A&D. But for threads like these which solely have sprites, yeah, PA is the place to do it.
Hi logeidan-kun! Hope I did everything right!!

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Eeeh! Okay then....
So, If I want to post any traditional/digital/graphics, would I post them here, or elsewhere?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Well, if a user would like to post art that isn't pixel based, they normally open a thread in A&D. All pixel art threads belong here, in Pixel Art. But that's not to say we don't allow galleries in A&D to have pixel art in them, no. For example, Abnegation has quite a bunch of pixel art in his gallery even though it resides in Art & Design. But the number of non-pixel art stuff outnumber pixel based works of his by a lot. You could say his gallery is more graphics/photography oriented. So yeah, that's where it belongs even though it has pixel art in it along with other mediums of art.

Anyway, yeah, to answer your question - you should open up a gallery in A&D boards for anything that's not pixel art. You may include some pixel art in there as well but your gallery should have more of traditional/digital/graphic art or photography in it. Hope that clears things up! :]

Edit: I don't know if Logeidan would allow the same thing here. You being allowed to post non-pixel art stuff apart from the regular pixel art in here, I mean. I don't think he would, though. :p

Years
To clarify:

Pixel Art is mainly and only for pixel art being posted. If you have graphics, tags, traditional and digital art then you can post all of that (including Pixel Art if you choose because it's a style of art!) in the main Art & Design forums. This place is to focus on your pixelling skills and get critique.

Post here only if you plan on posting your pixel art. But I'm not so strict, you can show some traditional art only if it has something to do with what you're posting like a pixel rendition of the traditional art, etc. You can link to original art/artist and credit as well if you're doing some fan art.

Kinda the same thing what Derozio said but with my little tidbits.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Hello, whomever cares!
I'm back with more sprites! This time for a FireRed hack I plan to do, if I can ever learn how to work the dang stuff...
2zs5enl.jpg

Yes, these are the Elite Four+Champion for the game I plan on creating...
More information on them can be found in the spoilers below.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I love the fact that you use Joey and made him an E4 member xD it gave me giggle fits xD especially since I mostly play around HG/SS and Joey calls all the time to talk about his awesome Rattata xD

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I love the fact that you use Joey and made him an E4 member xD it gave me giggle fits xD especially since I mostly play around HG/SS and Joey calls all the time to talk about his awesome Rattata xD

Yep, Joey has the most awesome Rattata's!
Now, only if I knew how to hack... -.-

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I'm back, with Gym Leaders this time!

1536xs7.jpg

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DCson17

a modest hacker
Years
the first sprite is the best imo, but i like the second one too. not sure about the fourth tho.
(i'm only referring to the OP btw)

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
the first sprite is the best imo, but i like the second one too. not sure about the fourth tho.
(i'm only referring to the OP btw)

Lol, thanks!
Yeah, I really don't know what I was thinking on the fourth one...

Back