• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
I see you added in shadows. That is really good. But some building should have shadow on the outside imo to give it a more 3d effect. And I see we got a new beta tester? Cool, now this will help finding all the glitchs if there are any for sure.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
More updates! I will make sure this hack gets completed!
-----

-----
Breeze Train early developments! Just done simply by reusing the game's original tiles!
Hmm, that door in the tunnel intrigues me!
Looks like we are going to have sketchy subway tunnel battles on the unused tracks...!

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2014
very nice man!! The hack looks great, updates are often, can't wait to play it!:)

Don't give up!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
very nice man!! The hack looks great, updates are often, can't wait to play it!:)

Don't give up!
Thanks! I try to update as much as possible for the time that I lost (which was a couple of months) due to losing data from my rom hack. So I'm trying to get back on pace. I put too much work, blood, sweat, and tears into this game to quit on it now, haha! I got most of the nitty gritty things out of the way when I first started this rom hack. But before I go back to the nitty gritty stuff, I am just working on some mapping/scripting/graphics for now! Trying to kick out a Beta 2!
----------
Finalized train station! Looks cozy!
(I'm sure Blaine would love how I morphed his fire gym into a train station! LOL)
-----

-----
With that being said. I officially started work on Taejo Underpass/Route 55
. This part of the game in particular will be quite interesting since the third and fourth gym leaders are completely interchangeable...!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years

I can seemingly change Curse to a Ghost-Type. Then I can edit the ???-Type graphics. I can also use YAPE to change a Pokemon's type to ???. I can also change attacks to the ???-Type and I've read that the ??? attacks does damage as it should as long as the Physical/Special Split is implemented. The only thing now in theory, would be to edit the ???-Type effectiveness because from my testing so far, it is neutral to everything. I would need to find the pointers for that and look a bit deeper. Editing type effectiveness in general would be great as well. I can make some adjustments to types that I felt that Gamefreak should have done.

Well, I'll screw around making some Pokemon/damaging attacks ???-Type and see what happens.
In theory, this should work out.

EDIT - ??? gets STAB attacks and does damage it is supposed to... so all I would have to do is edit its type effectiveness... hmm, seems to good to be true.

The problem with this is, the move struggle, which is used when the player has no moves, is a ??? type. Which means if this is how you've implemented the fairy type, struggle will become a fairy type move. Struggle HAS to be neutral to everything otherwise it'd be weird when you've run out of PP and start doing super effective, or not very effective damage. Food for thought.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
The problem with this is, the move struggle, which is used when the player has no moves, is a ??? type. Which means if this is how you've implemented the fairy type, struggle will become a fairy type move. Struggle HAS to be neutral to everything otherwise it'd be weird when you've run out of PP and start doing super effective, or not very effective damage. Food for thought.
Ahhh! Good catch! Indeed. I totally forgot all about that move. Actually, I just checked my attack editor and I had changed it to a Normal-Type move. The thing with that is that Normal is not effective on Ghost-Types. I may just rename the attack into something like "God's Gift" or "Prowess" and change it into a Fairy Type with a backstory ingame explaining how Arceus helps Pokemon, with no PP, with his mystical powers, lol. Hahaha. It works! And I'll change the animation of the attack, maybe I'll make it use safeguard's or sky attack's first frame animation which would probably fit better.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Or, just remove a few pokemon and use the slot to make a new type?
I'll just go with the ??? replacement because adding an entirely new type, I'm not exactly sure how to do it, plus I already repointed the effectiveness table and whatnot. I'll just go with the Arceus story, haha. After all, he is the God of Pokemon, he can do whatever he wants, lol.
----------
Route 55, Taejo's oldest historic route. Perhaps one of the most interesting routes in Taejo since it secretly extends into the water... and you get to travel to its past when the land bridge (I wonder who created that land bridge and who destroyed it...?) was created... hehe. I really hope I can try to implement HM Dive into the game. There used to be a land bridge in ancient Taejo that connected Route 55 to Giga Hill! You'll find a good bit of ancient artifacts here on Route 55! Maybe a fossil... hehe. Looks like something big is about to go down... The route gets more mountainous as you travel westward towards Ignite Heights, to take on Wrecktor!
-----

-----
Legend states that, "with the help of a certain guardian, the frozen one may enter the past of the region in a blink of an eye..."
Sounds like a journey to Route 55's past seems like a possibility! I wonder where that land bridge traveled to... Gigantic Plateau on Giga Hill, what's there...?
Gigantic Plateau does seem like an isolated place... with no possible normal way to reach it...
Since there will be time traveling in this game, you'll get to travel to that blocked off route in Uiyto before it got smashed to shreds!
(that's located north of Kempto Town, Kempto Town is part of Uityo as well if you did not know!)

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Well beta testers get ready. This checkpoint will advance unto Route 55's event with the new Criminal Organization. One thing to note: HM05 Flash does not work in Taejo Underpass yet.

Well, here are some insight screens: The name of this event is called, "The Future of the Post War Breakout."
-----

-----
Those guys are quite interesting. Are they fighting the good or fighting the bad?
Transcend Flare? I wonder what's that?
Beta 3 is known as the, "Major Graphical Update," beta. Old graphics will be used in beta 2, such as trainer sprites.
So it's this guy that states Normal Version's quote... is he from the future...?

EDIT - I just realized that today is my hack's one year anniversary!

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Happy One Year Anniversary!!

Such an excellent hack. :I I love the updates too.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Thanks Varion! Well Checkpoint 1 is officially done.
-----

-----
You'll know when the checkpoint is almost, just almost over when you can enter that door! =)
I just noticed that this hack is very Earth Sciencey oriented...
That's because Earth Science is my favorite major/subject!

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
PokemonNormal_124_zpsfaa3aa61.png

PokemonNormal_02_zps13c44d59.png

Is this house going to be in every town/city? lol

Years
Okay, well my phones being stupid. But in silver sky town, beside the pokemon center now has three signs beside it.

Years
Why can't I get to aqualight? Everytime I continue on a path it says "You thought I ws gonna say the same thing as the other guy, you cant get past here. And its the tree that says that. O.O and A guard and a tree that ur supposed to be able to cut say that

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Why can't I get to aqualight? Everytime I continue on a path it says "You thought I ws gonna say the same thing as the other guy, you cant get past here. And its the tree that says that. O.O and A guard and a tree that ur supposed to be able to cut say that
Also that tree, I just noticed shares the same person ID. So that will be changed ASAP. I'm going to release a Ckpt 1.1 soon. Make sure to save your game in Route 53's Pokecenter.

Back