• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Carbon Version

Like the Side screen system/ How's the game so far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I think Coal gets a nice unique look with that hair and it should not be changed, or it could be cooler....I just don't know how. But backsprite hair is little off, you may need to work on it.

I am probably first one to mention this but Cyan is hot like hell. She is probably hottest of all playable Pokémon character, nice job done with her.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The concept art for the characters is amazing, do you by any chance do requests for that ;) I like how the normal sprites are larger as well, room for a lot more detail and it makes it look unique. The screens are good too, if I could script that's exactly how I would have done the dual screen system. Btw, aren't some of those indoor tiles by Alucus of borg?

Years
I like the night palette myself but the purple are on the gound looks alittle odd, maybe make it a little less red? Not sure

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Nice to see that pokemon carbon is back :) Screenshots and fakemons look good.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Oh my YAYYYY!!! (spammy yes)
Looking fantastical Flood, good work buddy!

lol Thanks Blazers

Ahhh its back! I can tell just from the cool CSS design that your serious about finishing Carbon once and for all. All the screenies look good in my opinion except for the night one (I think its a little too dark, not a big deal though. The palette works, just a little dark). and the second to last one. Eton doesn't have a level?

Anyways, good luck man, we all know you can do it!

Edit: I decided I actually like the night screenie, haha

Thanks you! Yeah I kinda think that The Original Essentials Night tone looks a little too dark as well so I'll get around to fixing that sooner or later lol, Glad you like the Game though.

Looking really great Ty. Im sure people will really appreciate the huge improvements in the graphics. It also looks like you have sprited all of the sprites. Which really impresses me. Coal's backsprite could use a bit more work. Looks kinda funky :l
But anyways it looks amazing Ty.

Thanks Chibi. You know the more I hear about the backsprite, the more I realize the hair doesn't look too much like the Artworks. That'll be one of my first Priorities I guess lol. Oh Yeah I have nearly all the Hero/Heroine sprites done. Just have to fix the males backsprite and make the Females.

Looks pretty nice, well the heroes overworld sprite, especially the side sprite, needs a bit of work, the hair looks a bit squished together, and while I'm at it, I kinda think you should scrap te day/night system. It's your game so It's your choice, but your graphics look pretty bad during the night, but during the day they look gorgious.

Ah Thanks Ven! Good to hear from you again. Yeah the hair shading makes it look a bit unroundish I'll fix it up a bit later on. I don't think I'll scrap the Day/Night system since I loved that Idea in Gold/Silver, but I will correct the Hourly tones so that It looks alright with the Outside maps. I'll add a bit more life to each map as well. Thanks again

Yeah, Carbon is back! I've waited for this, and this is one of my favorites here. Great Screeenies and sprites (and what's up with the Snorlax there? -,-). Keep up the good work!

Ha ha Thanks Mulch. Oh the Snorlax is a Big Plush doll or Beenie ( I think) Made by Alucus, I put it in there to give the house a more Kid/teenager feel.

I don't like hero's hair, It seem not real.

lol It's not supposed to be too realistic. You could get his style of hair with some Hair gel though I suppose If someone wanted to try to bring it to the real world lol.

I think Coal gets a nice unique look with that hair and it should not be changed, or it could be cooler....I just don't know how. But backsprite hair is little off, you may need to work on it.

I am probably first one to mention this but Cyan is hot like hell. She is probably hottest of all playable Pokémon character, nice job done with her.

Thanks. I have a few Ideas on how he could look better but I'll keep it the way it is for the fact that I change things too much and I'm trying to break away from that If it isn't bad lol. lol Yeah I think a few People have said She's Cute, thanks man Glad you like 'em.

Beautiful, I love this newly revamped game, or whatever you want to call it. This one goes on my 3 favorites.

lol Yeah It's basically a start over pretty much lol, Thanks alot!

The concept art for the characters is amazing, do you by any chance do requests for that I like how the normal sprites are larger as well, room for a lot more detail and it makes it look unique. The screens are good too, if I could script that's exactly how I would have done the dual screen system. Btw, aren't some of those indoor tiles by Alucus of borg?

Thanks and sorry, But I don't at the moment. I still owe a few concepts to Calis Staff lol. Oh alot of Indoor as well as outdoor tiles are By Alucus, Dew and I, but Both Dew and Alucus are part of the Calis Projects staff, that's why it just stays Calis projects in the credits lol. They've all helped me one way or another.

I like the night palette myself but the purple are on the gound looks alittle odd, maybe make it a little less red? Not sure

Thank you, I'll see what I can do

Again .... you didn't give me credit for OW's

Again? I gave you credit on the last thread, Just forgot to add you in on this one. MercurySky reminded me that I forgot a few people on the Calisprojects site, so I'll add those I missed in today. Sorry for forgetting to add you in. You're in there now lol.

Also If you guys want more detail on Games from Calis projects, You should go to the main site. That's where we answer a lot of questions about the Games and Show a lot more there then here.

Nice to see that pokemon carbon is back :) Screenshots and fakemons look good.

Thanks, and Glad you like 'em ;)

Alright I thought I Should post something up since It's been a while, although not too many screens, the ones below do show a few new things in Carbon

157lt28.jpg

jkukyd.jpg

2psqcno.jpg

53sd49.jpg

A new Menu layout with new Buttons, Finally! And if you can guess the others. Yep Clear water effect. It's a fun little Idea that Mercury Sky got around to, so asked him for permission to use it. I thought It'd be good In Carbon for quite a Few Reasons. The Pokeball under the water gives one reason (can anyone say new HM?). I might get rid of the Reflections or edit the script to include a part that If it's put in an event, It'll omit the Reflection from the underwater Pokemon such as Remoraid (Who's hiding under Lillies in some screens lol) and Lanturn. There will be alot of other Pokemon swimming beneath you as well.

The Males OW's have been fixed so now It's not as flat as it was and I like the Color of his hair as well with the blue shine it shows in daytime.

The night screens are just demonstrating how dark it'll get at night. THAT'S AS FAR AS IT GOES NOW ;). So now People can see what's going on at night lol. Even Chinchou lights up at night.

Last but not least, the Titlescreen which Throws a Lightning effect at you every few seconds or so, so the Sillouhette of one of the main legendaries will flash at you every now and again, then darken back up until all you can see is the Red eye and Jewel (Flashing script thanks to CP)

Well that's about it. Tell me what you think and what you want to see come next update. Thanks for viewing ;)

Note: The screen with the white haired man is old and is just filler since I couldn't think of another screen to post lol

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Great Screens dude,new menu looks very good. Everythings looks amazing great work.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I don't know if anybody has said this, but you have a tree mapping error in the 5th screen.

Otherwise, looking great! I love the graphics!

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Dude this Looks awesome cant wait to see a beta

Thank you very much.

Great Screens dude,new menu looks very good. Everythings looks amazing great work.

Thanks ;)

Dude wow lol!
Carbon is lookin so slick. Very nice screens.

Thank you ha ha.

I don't know if anybody has said this, but you have a tree mapping error in the 5th screen.

Otherwise, looking great! I love the graphics!

Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed now, and thank you ;)

Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate them.

*Note*
It's been a while since I've posted anything and It'll probably be a little while longer before I post anything new. Reason being, I'm trying to maintain my current grades which are really great right now plus I'm working on a few new things for Calis Projects. This is sadly the third best report card I'll have had ha ha ha (Straight A's and B's), but when I get back I'll reveal a few new things. For example: the Theatre play feature and some new Fakemon (including a revamped legend), etc. If you have any comments/crit, questions or just plain anything to say, please feel free to post it and I'll answer them asap.

P.S - Digimon World Alpha is in the same boat as Carbon as well. It's not discontinued, just slow right now ;)

☆Konata☆

~☆~Lucky~☆~Star~☆~
Years
I'd like to start off saying I am a
big fan of Calis Projects, you guys make the most pro looking games ever!
Okay, so I love the screenshots =D
Yup~
I really have nothing else to say =/

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
Wow Bro the graphics are totally awesome and there is 3D effects too wohoooooo goooood job and u should definatly keep the side screen and could ya add some more exciting features such as pokemon following u around XD and ummm are u still working on DIGIMON WORLD ALPHA????????

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
so im going to guess that the side screen is click controlled? oh and the hero's battle sprite (the one before he throws a pokeball) looks a little bad around the eye.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Can I just say, your tiles are pretty impressive.

I particularly like the ones with the water (Lanturn glowing in the dark, ftw!).Most of yours look like Hg/Ss, but those, they are definitely better than anything Gamefreak has thrown at us so far.

However, it might just be me, but that weird yellowey background colour on the titlescreen is a bit...eww.Maybe black it out and have just the Eye (And possible jewel) showing?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
That's not a lot to say. You DID epithomize the transparent water style, also by adding a personal touch and a truly realistic effect. Maybe the water reflection is quite distant from the Ow, but you could certainly manage to manage that. The water is so... alive and "happy" (i guess XD). It remembers the final situation of Miyazaki's "Ponyo on the cliff by the sea" with all the creatures swimming and the wonderful waters.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
I'd like to start off saying I am a
big fan of Calis Projects, you guys make the most pro looking games ever!
Okay, so I love the screenshots =D
Yup~
I really have nothing else to say =/

Ha thanks ;). Keep an eye on us, even if you don't hear much of us, it doesn't mean the team's not hard at work lol.

Thanks for the Compliment btw.

Wow Bro the graphics are totally awesome and there is 3D effects too wohoooooo goooood job and u should definatly keep the side screen and could ya add some more exciting features such as pokemon following u around XD and ummm are u still working on DIGIMON WORLD ALPHA????????

Pokemon Following you huh? I think I'll do that. I kinda like that feature anyway and thank you. Yes, Alpha's still going to be worked on. I promised it wouldn't die and I plan on sticking to that word.

so im going to guess that the side screen is click controlled? oh and the hero's battle sprite (the one before he throws a pokeball) looks a little bad around the eye.

Yes It is indeed. lol Don't worry man I plan on making a full custom pose once I've found the time, thank you very much though.

Can I just say, your tiles are pretty impressive.

I particularly like the ones with the water (Lanturn glowing in the dark, ftw!).Most of yours look like Hg/Ss, but those, they are definitely better than anything Gamefreak has thrown at us so far.

However, it might just be me, but that weird yellowey background colour on the titlescreen is a bit...eww.Maybe black it out and have just the Eye (And possible jewel) showing?

Ah thank you. Some are from HG/SS but a lot are customs from Alucus, Dew, Kymotonian (Kyledove), and myself. Oh and don't worry, the screen doesn't stay a permanent yellow, It's a lightning effect. I'll make a video one day to show it off, Thank you.

That's not a lot to say. You DID epithomize the transparent water style, also by adding a personal touch and a truly realistic effect. Maybe the water reflection is quite distant from the Ow, but you could certainly manage to manage that. The water is so... alive and "happy" (i guess XD). It remembers the final situation of Miyazaki's "Ponyo on the cliff by the sea" with all the creatures swimming and the wonderful waters.

Ah thanks a lot man, I'm glad you approve lol. Yes I agree the reflection is quite distant. I'll fix that when I get the chance. Is Ponyo a Good movie? I was thinking about watching it Ha ha.

*To note once more, I won't be doing much work on Carbon, nor Alpha at the moment since I'm trying to make sure my grades stay appropriate, but once Spring break starts up, which is in the next week I think, I'll continue work on CP projects, Carbon and possibly Alpha. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.*

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Dude...Awesome....Carbon.....Nitro...My Speech...not making sense....But know that I support this game....If only I knew how to script or make events i could get started on my game but right now im stuck writing plotline and layouts...anyway enough about me and my troubles,I love the screens...I cant wait for this game to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back