• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Working 3D Printed Gun Made

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
Back to the topic at hand, it doesn't matter that these guns only fire once. That's still potentially lethal.
Actually it does matter. If I had to choose between a nut-job with a traditional gun and a nut-job with a printable plastic gun I'd choose the printable plastic gun all day long, everday. I really believe the plastic gun issue has been blown WAY out of proportion by the media and those not knowledgeable on the issue. Only time will tell but I honestly don't see a world where crooks and criminals are running around with printable plastic guns versus real ones. When printable metal guns can be made then we might have an issue but I'm confident that by that time laws will have long been established. In fact, they are already in development.

Personally, I do not own my own gun but I am required to be proficient in the use of firearms per my career and I'd appreciate the opportunity one day (if I so choose) to be able to own a gun - metal OR plastic. I feel that SOME of the current restrictions being considered on firearms overall are nothing more than knee jerk reactions by the lighthearted in our society. They do nothing to help solve the issue overall and only serve to piss law abiding citizens off while restricting ways in which they can protect themselves further. They do not take the time to analyze the facts/statistics and seemingly don't care to.

Last edited:
Years
Not to bump this buuuuutttt

There's much more productive things we could be doing with 3D printing. I just read an article about how 3D printers can make prosthetics for amputees, for pennies on the dollar compared to what the medical companies could produce them for.

Back