• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Man of Steel obvious wins for best summer blockbuster, hands down. For worst, I'm guessing Despciable Me 2, since you know, critics and the geek culture have a mindset that any animated film that's not Disney, Pixar, nor Dreamworks is considered to be inferior for its cliches, toilet jokes, and family-friendly?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Nerf to those people who practically live for Pixar, Dreamworks, and Disney, completely ostracizing other animated works. Despicable Me 2 was just fine and it deserves whatever acclaim it garners. Notice it also grossed nearly four times its budget; I think that says something even if it's just based on ticket sales and not the quality of the movie. I thought it was good. 8(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Nerf to those people who practically live for Pixar, Dreamworks, and Disney, completely ostracizing other animated works. Despicable Me 2 was just fine and it deserves whatever acclaim it garners. Notice it also grossed nearly four times its budget; I think that says something even if it's just based on ticket sales and not the quality of the movie. I thought it was good. 8(

I thought it was good too, but I have to list it as my worst since two of my contacts from Skype despise it for being both annoying, as one of them is tired of seeing posts related to the movie on Tumblr, and outgrossing The Lone Ranger.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I've only seen WWZ and Now You See Me, and I liked both of them for what they were (the latter a bit more, I really liked Isla Fisher the star-studded cast). Haven't seen Man of Steel yet, and I'm not planning to unless my friends drag me out.

Also, it was really weird to see both David Morse and Michiel Huisman from Treme in close proximity in WWZ.

I have impossibly high expectations for Pacific Rim though.

Years
I have a feeling Pacific Rim is going to be one of those movies that you either love or hate. That's my experience with other del Toro movies.

Speaking of which, I should watch Pan's Labyrinth again sometime soon. Love me that movie. Summer's a great time for scary/fantasy movies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've only seen WWZ and Now You See Me, and I liked both of them for what they were (the latter a bit more, I really liked Isla Fisher the star-studded cast). Haven't seen Man of Steel yet, and I'm not planning to unless my friends drag me out..
What was your favorite part of the movie and why? o: I need someone to discuss it with and nobody else I know (but one person, the one I saw it with) has seen it, haha.
I have a feeling Pacific Rim is going to be one of those movies that you either love or hate. That's my experience with other del Toro movies.
I love most of del Toro's screenplays, especially for the Hellboy movies and The Hobbit, so I'll likely really enjoy Pacific Rim even though I'm not sure what exactly to expect going into it. Then again, I'm doing that on purpose with a lot of movies nowadays; I'm willing to spend my money going into a new movie blind if just the little bit I know interests me. That way my expectations are neutral and I can form my own opinion after the fact that's only affected by the experience, if that makes sense.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually only saw World War Z, I might check out Man of Steel soon. I also wanna see Grown Ups 2. And as for Despicable Me 2, I don't really like it, but I gotta admit that the original movie and also the sequel were huge success, I don't think it'll be the weakest movie of the summer.

Oh and also, I'm REALLY looking forward to The Wolverine. With him being one of my favorite Marvel characters.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oh and also, I'm REALLY looking forward to The Wolverine. With him being one of my favorite Marvel characters.

Oh, oh, I saw a commercial for this earlier and it reminded me that I'm also pretty excited, aha. The past few movies, First Class and Origins, were really, really good so I have the highest of hopes for this one to follow through. Also, I can't help but wonder what Days of Future Past will be about. :[

Years
Oh, oh, I saw a commercial for this earlier and it reminded me that I'm also pretty excited, aha. The past few movies, First Class and Origins, were really, really good so I have the highest of hopes for this one to follow through. Also, I can't help but wonder what Days of Future Past will be about. :[
Origins? That was the first Wolverine movie, right? That was a hot mess of a movie. Fun, in a Mystery Science Theater kind of way though. This next one looks like it could be pretty good, though I always worry about movies with Western actors taking place in Japan.

Days of Future Past is one of those apocalyptic dystopian future stories, isn't it?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Dyas of Future Past (If it follows the storyline of it) will involve time travel and it's gonna be a sequel to X-Men 3 & X-Men First Class.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Origins? That was the first Wolverine movie, right? That was a hot mess of a movie. Fun, in a Mystery Science Theater kind of way though. This next one looks like it could be pretty good, though I always worry about movies with Western actors taking place in Japan.

Days of Future Past is one of those apocalyptic dystopian future stories, isn't it?

It wasn't that bad, perhaps cliche at worst! :P

If it involves time travel, I'm sure it will be, not like we've had enough of those lately...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually love the Days of Future Past storyline, just can't wait to see how it will turn out on the big screen :)

Wolverines Origins was actually a decent movie. I enjoyed it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Sooo, about our coming-of-age teen queens! How does everyone feel about Selena Gomez's new single 'Slow Down?' It's the standard club dance song, and I find it very catchy and I'm loving Gomez coming out of her teen shell even more and I have high expectations for Stars Dance. Also, Ariana Grande's new single 'Baby, I' is being released in a week! Anyone else excited for that?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sooo, about our coming-of-age teen queens! How does everyone feel about Selena Gomez's new single 'Slow Down?' It's the standard club dance song, and I find it very catchy and I'm loving Gomez coming out of her teen shell even more and I have high expectations for Stars Dance. Also, Ariana Grande's new single 'Baby, I' is being released in a week! Anyone else excited for that?

Haven't heard the new Selena stuff, but as you can tell, I'm totally geared up for Ariana's new single. <3 I always am!!

btw, Super Soaker by Kings of Leon is released on Wednesday. :D So I'm excited for that too! Haven't gotten new material from them since fall of 2010 so it will be great to have new stuff from them.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
btw, Super Soaker by Kings of Leon is released on Wednesday. :D So I'm excited for that too! Haven't gotten new material from them since fall of 2010 so it will be great to have new stuff from them.

Oh, jeez, really?! That's super exciting, as it has been ages since anything new's come from them. I'm still stuck on Only by the Night so everything else can move on.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Really? You missed an album then! Come Around Sundown was the last one, and it's personally my favorite. You should give it a listen. Perfect summer album really, even though it came out in fall that year haha.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oh I know, I just kind of prefer Only by the Night to Come Around Sundown, even though both are fabulous in their own rite, haha. I'll just keep on my hands and knees for this next album now that I know about it, heh.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years

I haven't heard 'Slow Down' - unfortunately I'm not much of a fan of Selena ('Come & Get It' is very limp to my ears, and nothing before that was special either). The Disney girls have all been very interesting this year though, it's a (pleasant) surprise to see them getting so much more successful / credible, though I can't really fathom why it's happening now. Miley's single comes off as just a tad desperate (the video mostly) but I'm quite partial to the "official remix" featuring Khia of 'My Neck, My Back (Lick It)' fame!

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
So I just watched Pacific Rim. A gorgeous, gorgeous film with an otherwise middling story, I thought. What did you guys think about it?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Miley's single comes off as just a tad desperate (the video mostly) but I'm quite partial to the "official remix" featuring Khia of 'My Neck, My Back (Lick It)' fame!

We Can't Stop comes off as very desperate for attention, especially the video. She's trying to reach for a new demographic, but I can't tell what kind of music she's trying to make to along with it. It's the most ambiguous stepping stone she's taken so far and I'm not sure where it's leading her. I also like that version you linked and just listened to it a few times in a row, haha. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back