• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hidden in the Grotto

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hidden Grottoes are scattered all over Unova region in Black 2 and White 2, and if you enter it, you'll find a chance to find Hidden Ability Pokémon or items. Do you enjoy it? You can share your experience when entering Hidden Grottoes here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Bugh. I NEVER have any Pokemon encounters in a Grotto. :c
It sucks. i've had maybe two encounters excluding the auto-Mincinno encounter. Otherwise, nothing extravagant or what have you.

However, I do enjoy them. Finding them all is really fun, and then just kind of chilling out in there, looking at my Pokedex, checking my party, etc etc, all with the Grotto music playing in the background is really nic. I always imagine like they're Secret bases or something like that to just unwind in.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I check back at Hidden Grottoes every now and then while I train up my competitive/Battle Subway/PWT Pokemon. Most of the time, I don't find anything interesting, but gems include Hustle male Nidoran, Multiscale Dragonite, Sheer Force Bagon and Technician Breloom.

Years
Although sometimes I don't usually get much exciting from Hidden Grottoes, there are some nice ones i've gotten, like a Bold Female Poliwhirl a 31 and one 30 IV, and a NidoranF with a 31 Speed IV that I led to breed into a pretty good Nidoking. I have found some other decent stuff, but only a few of them have been female.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I still haven't found a Pokemon besides the Mincinno in the very first hidden grotto, but I've found a few rare candies so I can't complain. I'll never forget the time when I just randomly said "Hmm...I wonder if there's a hidden grotto here" and chose a totally random tree, and it turned out to be right!

Years
Bugh. I NEVER have any Pokemon encounters in a Grotto. :c
It sucks. i've had maybe two encounters excluding the auto-Mincinno encounter. Otherwise, nothing extravagant or what have you.
This is the same as me- the only two Pokemon I've found in the Hidden Grottoes were a Foongus and an Amoonguss. I have had my fair share of luck finding items in them though, whether it be mulches, mushrooms or even some of the evolutionary stones.

Years
I have sometimes run into Pokemon in the Hidden Grottos, but aside from that one Minccino you have to encounter I believe all I ran into might have been a Foongus which is quite common anyway. Most of the time I usually end up finding an item but it's a nice little method to get your hands on some Pokemon with cool abilities.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've found quite a bit of useful items in them among the scattering of mushrooms and Foongus. I don't remember what Pokemon I've found though. I think I've found at least 4 or 5? Overall I quite like this feature.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Encountered a L26 Minccino with hidden ability Skill Link, in which...that was the default encounter. xD Aside from that, I only found items like evolutionary stones and such, which were useful for my party.

Years
I found a Bagon, and a Dragonite in Hidden Grottos in the south-east of Unova.
They're quite easy to spot, and they're pretty much obvious.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Well i didn't encounter any gronottes but will try to find it in white 2.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
I never have any luck with grottos but I was playing my Black 2 version the other day, going around catching legendaries when I stumbled upon one and, lo and behold, there was a Bagon in there! That's all I've found though, I usually just find Pokeballs and Repels. :P

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
I got an Imposter Ditto, which took AGES and lots of Pass Powers. X_x I also managed to get a Prankster Liepard, which also took lots of Pass Powers, though, it didn't take nearly as long as the Ditto. All in all, I didn't really like Hidden Grottoes that much... XD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I only think I've ever gotten an encounter twice in the hidden grottoes, and it was the same Pokemon both times. If I'd spent more time with my Black 2, I reckon I might've encountered more, but I generally never had any luck with finding anything in them. I actually searched through them quite often when searching for specific Pokemon, so it's not like I didn't try :p

I think it's a neat concept, but I think the encounter rate should've been increased a bit. Or I might just've been extremely unlucky. In any case, encountering my first Pokemon in one of them was actually kind of a surprise, since I had no idea what they were at first, and OW sprites in the past had mainly been reserved to legendaries or rare Pokemon. So yeah!

Years
I've actually never used the Grottos except once just because I was prompted to, I think? That or I ran into it accidentally, haha. The feature was so forgettable and I was too impatient to hunt for the 'mons I wanted. Maybe when I restart my Black 2 I'll have more luck and a wee bit more patience.

Back