• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mysteries of Dungeons // PMD Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
Wow, so many new members. @__@ Welcome, welcome! Say, are there any actual differences between Explorers of Sky and Time, or...?

Yeah. Sky is considered a lot harder than Time/Darkness, probably due to there being more 'extremely hard' dungeons at the end of the game (Zero Isle Centre was added to the Zero Isle series of dungeons and Destiny Tower. Just a few examples).

Plus a few new mechanics:

o More Pokemon added to that roster list - Shinx (my partner), Riolu, Vulpix and Phanpy were added. Meowth and Munchlax were removed from being playable but are allowed as partners. Eevee (my character) and Skitty return from Blue/Red Rescue Team.

o Special Episodes - Where you take control of a character in the game and learn more about their backstory or what happened to them in within the game's events. List of Special Episodes:

- SE 1: Bidoof's Wish (Character: Bidoof)- After constantly being scolded by Chatot for screwing up all the time, Bidoof meets a Snover who has a map to a dungeon called Star Cave where they can meet Jirachi and he can grant them a wish. However, this Snover is being chased by a Bagon and a Gligar and asks to accompany Bidoof to Star Cave.
Episode unlocked after defeating Drowzee in Chapter 3.

- SE 2: Igglybuff the Prodigy (Character: Igglybuff): Set back when Wigglytuff was a child. When he was walking through a forest one day, he meets ex-explorer Armaldo who takes him under his wing as an apprentice and they explore uncharted dungeons and find treasure together. Igglybuff surprises Armaldo at just how great he is at exploring. But a certain Nidoking has been looking for Armaldo for a long time.
Episode unlocked after returning from the expedition in Chapter 9.

- SE 3: Today's Oh My Gosh! (Character: Sunflora): Sunflora and Loudred are fighting. Again. Then when Officer Magnezone asks Sunflora to carry out an arrest, she fills with uncertainty as she has to arrest a Haunter who is known as "The Invincible Haunter", and also he is a poison-type. She has to do it alone since our Hero and Partner would be exploring the Waterfall Cave at the time, Bidoof would cause too much trouble and everyone else is busy and the place she is going to arrest Haunter is in Spring Cave, a dungeon in which lava flows underneath. But everything will be alright since Loudred will make sure she's safe, right?
Episode unlocked after devising a plan to catch Grovyle with Dusknoir in Chapter 13.

- SE 4: Here Comes Team Charm! (Character: Loppuny): We all know Team Charm. The group of girls who took us to that really annoying dungeon during the main quest. Well we get to know a bit more about them and how they met Wigglytuff. It also goes into more detail as to where Grovyle got his second Time Gear from.
Episode unlocked after returning from the future with Grovyle in Chapter 15.

- SE 5: In the Future of Darkness (Character: Grovyle): My favourite episode of the lot. We get to see what happened to Grovyle and Dusknoir when they returned to future in Hidden Land. Just saying now, this is episode is amazing. I can't wait to unlock it in my replaying of the game.
Episode unlocked after graduating from the guild post-game.

o Sky Mountain arc - An extra event in the game where Spinda's Cafe has discovered the route to the long forgotten Sky Mountain and Shaymin Village, a little a village filled with guess who. You and your team climb the mountain with a Shaymin companion to guide you. This journey has it's ups and down though.

o Sky Jukebox - A little extra added to the main menu after completing Sky Mountain. This allows you to listen to any song in the game, even those from Special Episodes.

o Spinda's Cafe - Near the beginning of the game, Spinda will open a cafe with a Wynaut and Wobbuffet. In this cafe you can make drinks with Gummis and etc. at Spinda's Bar. Sometimes creepy Pokemon who comment on the way you drink will ask to join your team. Other Pokemon might give you eggs. You drink wonderfully, take my baby! Wynaut and Wobbuffet will open up a recycle shop where you can recycle some items and get stuff in return like Prize Tickets, which is basically a raffle to determine if you get a prize. Win big! Also some Pokemon will request jobs from you here.

o Secret Bazaar - Sometimes in dungeon you will encounter a hidden set of stairs. This leads to the Secret Bazaar, run by Kirlia. Need to relax and restore you belly, health or PP? Then stop by Mime Jr.'s Spa! Want to get items randomly from a bag? Head on over to Swalot's Grab Bag Shop! Got sticky items? Let Lickilicky take care of them! Want to bail the dungeon all together? Shedinja will help you out!

o Bottles on the beach - Sometimes you will find bottles on the beach containing job requests. We're catching lightning in a bottle~ Don't give a f*ck about tomorrow~

o Look alike items - Sometimes you may encounter an Oren berry instead of an Oran berry, or a Reviser Seed instead of a Reviver Seed. These are look alike items and most of them will try to trip you up but some (for instance, Dough Seed instead of Doom Seed) will help you.

That's all I can think of at the minute.

Now to answer the rest of the topics...

Have I watched any of the MD anime episodes?

Yes I have. I've watched them all! By the way, I was watching one of trailers for Gates to Infinity on Youtube with Youtube captions on, and this magical little moment happened:

9q8j88.png

Well that's enough internet for today!

What would I do in the world of PMD world as a Pokemon?

Step 1: Be an Eevee.
Step 2: Live in Treasure Town.
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Profit.

Staying in Treasure Town is all I want to do with my life!

Read any of the PMD manga?

I've read a couple of pages, but not much.

New topic: What is the most random thing that has ever happened to you in a PMD game?

This was inspired by what happened to me this morning while playing Sky.

I was in Deep Dusk Forest with my partner, Grovyle and Celebi and a Steelix crept up on Celebi and Celebi instantly Magical Leafed the Steelix's *ss. I imagined that Celebi was like, "You know what? I've had enough of this bullsh*t! Magical Leaf!". I personally like to call it Celebi's Magical Leaf of FURY!

... I love Celebi. I daaaaawed at her little 'I ♥ Grovyle' moment.

I think it took me an hour to type up this post...

Last edited:

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
What is the most random thing that has ever happened to you in a PMD game?
Hmm.. well there was this one time where I was in Uproar forest and I ran into a monster house. So there was some wild seedot and they decided that it was a smart idea to use nature power (which turns into earthquake) and kill everyone in the room except for me and my partner.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Username: Black Ninetales
Nickname: N/A

// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do?
Step 1: Be a Shinx/Eevee/Litleo. Any one of those three.
Step 2: Get a home in Treasure Town.
Step 3: Meet a Piplup and form an exploration team.

Step 4: ?????
Step 5: Profit.

// What PMD games have you played so far?
I've played Explorers of Time, Explorers of Sky, Gates to Infinity, and a few minutes of Red Rescue Team.

// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it?
Sadly, no. But I want to.

// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any?
Nope. But I want to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to our club, Black Ninetales! We're happy to have you. :) Eevee is one of my most favorites, so if I were sent into PMD, it would definitely be one of the Pokémon I'd turn into (along with the ones I previously mentioned). Same goes for Litleo; that little thing is just too cute! There are so many great Pokémon out there, so it's hard to pick just one.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Username: UltraMew
Answer a topic: I would, if I was in the PMD world as a Pokémon, show off my power as a Serperior (because Mew isn't a starter or Pikachu, therefore, there's no choice)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: UltraMew
Answer a topic: I would, if I was in the PMD world as a Pokémon, show off my power as a Serperior (because Mew isn't a starter or Pikachu, therefore, there's no choice)

It'd be quite epic to be Serperior; definitely. It's a pretty powerful Pokémon, and due to being a snake, you'd be able to slither your way into things sneakily. Haha. Welcome to the club; happy to have you here! :)

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
It'd be quite epic to be Serperior; definitely. It's a pretty powerful Pokémon, and due to being a snake, you'd be able to slither your way into things sneakily. Haha. Welcome to the club; happy to have you here! :)

Slitherin' like a boss!

serperior_v_2_by_xous54-d49d9yc.png

Shhmew

Years
I completely adore Mystery Dungeon. <3 (though, wasn't too much of a fan of Gates to Infinity)

Username: Shhmew

Dunno which topic to answer so why not all of them? ;D

What PMD games have you played so far?
I have played Red Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity.

There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any?
Hmm, I think I might have watched an episode from the first one, but nothing beyond that. D: Never caught it on TV and never thought to pursue it elsewhere.

If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do?
If I didn't have any memory from my human life, well... I guess I would have no idea! Hopefully I'd meet a friend and conveniently be invited to join a rescue team xD Sounds like a whole lot of fun, actually. Otherwise I'd probably just wander and explore and find a place to settle? I can't see myself being too freaked out or anything, especially with no memory. Just confused and lost.

Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it?
I haven't; I'm not too much of a fan of manga for some reason. Doesn't appeal to me as much.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to PMD club, Shhmew! Happy to see you join. n__n Don't worry, Star11Pika, I didn't. I just haven't gotten around to updating the members list yet. Should be done by tomorrow, hopefully.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I completely adore Mystery Dungeon. <3 (though, wasn't too much of a fan of Gates to Infinity)

I feel the same way. GtI isn't the most intriguing of MD games. I have a whole list I could write up (if anybody wants me to) of all of the negative points of Infinity. I refuse to even finish the game, I'd rather just play Sky again for the 30th time.

ohh and I finally hope to get through the hidden land for the first time :D

Have you not beaten the game yet? I wish you luck with that. By the way, the Hidden Land and Temporal Tower boss fights aren't that tough if you know what you're doing. Also, once you beat the main story that is only literally half the game. Time/Darkness/Sky are MASSIVE games!

New topics~:

What is your favourite MD game?

A bit of a generic question.

If you couldn't tell already, I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE Explorers of Sky. 10/10. Favourite game of all time!

I think it is a fantastically written and played out masterpiece.

...I was telling my friend about it earlier and she says it sounds really dark for Pokemon. :P

What are your favourite tracks from the games?

Blue Rescue Team:

o Sad song (so sad ;-;)
o Mt. Blaze
o Lapis Cave (not many people like this one. I guess I just like the upbeat part of it)
o Sky Tower (my personal favourite from this game)

Explorers of Time/Sky:

o Temporal Tower
o Temporal Spire (this is underated. I love the ticking in it. It shows that it truly is a race against time at this point)
I can't remember a lot of the songs. I unlocked Sky Jukebox on my game last night so I'll have a listen through them and then update this if there's any I missed.

What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?:

o Blue Rescue Team:
Hero: Eevee (F), Nickname: Can't remember
Partner: Mudkip (?) (the Partner isn't exactly given a gender in this game), Nickname: Can't remember

o Explorers of Time:
Hero: Skitty (F), Nickname: Can't remember
Partner: Turtwig (M), Nickname: Can't remember
Thanks to Golden Seed Wonder Mail codes, I have just beaten Waterfall Cave and I am on level 70.

o Explorers of Sky:
Hero: Eevee (F), Nickname: Vixen. Eevee is mostly likely based on foxes, and since you have to be female to play as Eevee...
Partner: Shinx (M), Nickname: Raiden. Japanese for thunder and lightning

o Gates to Infinity:
Hero: Oshawott (M, apparently. One of my many problems with Infinity is that you HAVE to be a guy. This isn't gen 1 Pokemon guys. The gender option was in the Jap. version of the game, why remove it from the English?), Nickname: Can't remember
Partner: Pikachu (M, your partner also has to be male. If I wasn't so much of a hero x partner shipper this wouldn't bother me as much. i wouldn't mind playing as a male that much if my partner was female. I don't really like to have a team of both genders), Nickname: Magic. At the time of playing I was hoping my mam would get me a new cat to keep ours company (she didn't ;-;). Magic was what I would name it, even though if I did get another cat my mam would've liked it to be female.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
This is what happens when you stay on the RPC too long.

Username: Kenneth
Nickname: Muerte, Ken, Riel
Answer a topic:
// What PMD games have you played so far?
All of them except Gates to Infinity and Sky [I count Time/Darkness as one]. I played the demo, but never got farther than that. Explorers of Time/Darkness was huge amg, I'm still at Dark Crater because I started out with Bulbasaur.

I beat Red Rescue Team, and I traded it into Gamestop back in 2008/9. I just got it on an emulator though, which is exciting to say the least! :3 I'M READY FOR THE NOSTALGIA WAVE.​

// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any?
Nope. I did hear Grovyle was voiced by Dan Green, so I've wanted to for a while.​

// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do?
Well, I'd definitely end up being a Bulbasaur, although if I had a choice I'd be a Riolu. I'd end up going to Wigglytuff's Guild and messing around in the world; personally that sounds like the most fun and rewarding.​

// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it?
Nope. I've heard of some, but I've never actually read any.​

AND WAIT THERE'S MORE:

//What is your favourite MD game?

Explorers of Darkness. amg I loved it, the OST was beautiful too.​

//What are your favourite tracks from the games?

Red Rescue Team

Sky Tower
Vs. Rayquaza
Mt. Blaze
Mt. Thunder
Great Canyon​

Explorers of Darkness

Hidden Highland
Blizzard Island
Temporal Spire
Across the Sea of Time
Vs. Primal Dialga​

Gates to Infinity

I'll tell you whenever I buy it ;)​

//What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?

Red Rescue Team

First Playthrough:
Hero: Charmander (M) [Blaze]
Partner: Totodile (M)​
Second Playthrough:
Hero: Cyndaquil (F)
Partner: Treecko (M) [I think, this was a while ago @_@]​

Explorers of Darkness

Hero: Bulbasaur (M) [Ken]
Partner: Torchic (F) [Torch]
Yeah, the HeroXPartner was serious here

Gates to Infinity

Demo
Hero: Axew (M) [Axel]
Partner: Snivy (M) [...I forgot. ;_;]​

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
//What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?

Red Rescue Team:
Eevee with Treecko partner
Explorers of Sky:
Charmander with Riolu partner
Gates to Infinity:
Axew with Oshawott partner
And let's throw a new topic out there:

//What was your worst experience with Monster Houses?

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?:
red rescue team:
squirtle's the hero and Chica the chikorita is the partner
explorers of sky:
Eve the Eevee's the hero and Carl the riolu's the partner.

What was your worst experience with Monster Houses?
Every experience is the same, I'm just minding my own business and I see thousands of pokemon popping up from nowhere and that music starts playing and I know for a fact that me and my team will be brutally murdered. So every experience is the worst experience

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Thanks for signing-up, Kenneth; welcome! :)

Probably Explorers of Sky, since it's the only game actually I remember anything from. Haha.

We already have two new topics up, but going to throw in one more! Of all locations in MD, which is your favorite? Why do you like it?

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Of all locations in MD, which is your favorite?
What's the place you get mew at in red rescue team called cause that place is my favorite. I like it the best cause you get a cute little mew there. mew!

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
So many new topics, let's see...

Explorers of Sky, definitely. I've only played it recently, but I really like the special episodes and the little Sky Peak arc with Shaymin. Also the fact that they added some cool new starters to the roster, like Riolu, Shinx, and Vulpix.

What are your favourite tracks from the games?
Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team: Sky Tower's music. I wish you didn't need to bring Fly to return there, but, could be worse, I guess.

Explorers of Time/Darkness: Temporal Tower's music, although the Hidden Land/Hidden Highland are very nice. I really like Dialga's battle music, too.

Explorers of Sky: Barren Valley's music, hands down. It makes me sad that I get through there so quickly so I can't enjoy it... Sky Peak Final Pass' is pretty memorable as well.

Gates to Infinity: Yeah I haven't played it, but I've listened to a few tracks from it. Ragged Mountain and Stony Cave are both lovely, but Forest of Shadows is my favourite. I like how it starts off eerie, turns beautiful halfway through and then gets all whimsical.

What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?
Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team: I don't have a recent file of this, I don't think, but my very first hero was Charmander and my partner was Totodile. Said Charmander is one of those few Pokemon I've gotten to level 100 and existed as a level 100 Charizard on that file before I lost it.

Explorers of Time/Darkness: Again I don't have a recent file for these, but my starters for Darkness were Torchic and Treecko, and for Time they were Piplup and Turtwig.

Explorers of Sky: Hero was Eevee (evolved into Flareon, in case you were curious) and partner was Cyndaquil.

Of all locations in MD, which is your favorite?
Just one out of all of them? Hmm... I think I'm going to say the World Abyss. I really like the look of the later floors, and the Pokemon that appear in there (including the boss, Giratina) are some of my favourites. The name of the dungeon itself is pretty awesome, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back