• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really want to go and see X-men but my boyfriend doesn't want to ;; and if I go with someone else, I'll have to pay ahahahhaa hrm.

Anyways, I'm curious about Edge of Tomorrow but I don't think I'll see it in the theatre. Same with Godzilla :]

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I haven't seen the new X-Men yet either :( .. been wanting to see it for ages, just haven't got the time.

Maleficent is another I'd like to see, also Edge of Tomorrow as I love the concept. Hopefully Tom Cruise will go alright in it, his recent performances have been rather repetitive and dull. Emily Blunt is in it too, her smile is more than enough of a reason for me to go see it :3c

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Well, I currently don't have to deal with that sort of situation right now. Course I do recall having with that sort of situation earlier this year, with an added part. The added part being both of the movies that I was interested in seeing came into theaters on the same day. The two movies being The Lego Movie and The Monuments Men, both of which came into theaters back on February 7th.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've been planning to watch the new X-Men movie for a while, but never got the chance. I'll definitely give it a go, though, if I happen to find it online somewhere!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You guys should see Godzilla, whether now or on Blu-Ray. I mean, it was totally amazing.

Ehh, I'm behind on both X-Men AND Transformers. I haven't seen the 2011 one (forgot what it was called, it was the first one without Megan Fox), and I still need to see the last two X-Men movies. Sooo much movie watching for me haha.

My bf saw Edge of Tomorrow last weekend and he said it was pretty amazing, gave it a two thumbs up. He said it was a "fresh idea made extremely well".

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
You guys should see Godzilla, whether now or on Blu-Ray. I mean, it was totally amazing.

Ehh, I'm behind on both X-Men AND Transformers. I haven't seen the 2011 one (forgot what it was called, it was the first one without Megan Fox), and I still need to see the last two X-Men movies. Sooo much movie watching for me haha.

My bf saw Edge of Tomorrow last weekend and he said it was pretty amazing, gave it a two thumbs up. He said it was a "fresh idea made extremely well".

Well the Transformers movie that came out in 2011 was Dark of the Moon. As for Godzilla, I saw it back on the 17th of last month. As for X-Men movies, the only one I have not watched yet is The Wolverine.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
Who saw the movie Maleficent? I just watched it and it was really good. Liked how they showed the villain's view for once.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I loved it; really liked how they portrayed Maleficent as the "misunderstood" one. Watched it in my computer, though, (not on Netflix or anything) and its quality wasn't that great, sadly. Going to give it another shot later on my television if I'm able, and see how that goes.

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I finally got to see the new X-Men!

It was awesome, loved every second of it. The ending, my gawdddd the ending!! The next one is going to be amazing as the ending made it open to so many new possibilities. So excited ahh

I also watched Neighbors. Some of the comedy in it was cringe worthy, but some parts were rather amusing. I have to admit, Zac Effron is growing on me, he's a lot funnier than I realised, also McLovin from Superbad was in that movie haha.

Also True Blood (TV Show) just started again, the episode came out today. Best opening season episode I have ever seen from a show.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm really, really, really glad Zac Efron is still acting. He has significantly matured & improved since his Disney days, and ever since then, he has become a terrific actor. He's fantastic in all of the movies he played, especially 17 Again which is my favorite involving him.

Years
May I please join?

Username: Grand Wizard Ryan
Favourite movie(s): The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Serenity, Wreck-It Ralph.
Answer a topic:
How often do you watch movies?

It used to be at least once every week (usually a lot more) but I seem to have grown more into T.V shows now. However, I still do love watching new movies, and repeating my favourites. I seem to slowly be watching more movies nowadays.

What are you favourite movie genre(s)?

Cruel question, for I cannot choose. My mood usually depends on this, though you can never go wrong with a comedy that's actually funny, especially when I'm upset.

What are some of your favourite moment in movies?

To name a few:
- Sam fighting Shelob in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. This scene really defines Sam's character development and it just so much fun to watch. I love Sam far too much.
- The Hotel Corridor scene from Inception. You know which one I mean, the one where everything's rotating. Man, that's so much fun to watch.
- The slow motion forest chase in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. The slow motion makes this scene so much incredible fun to watch.
- The final half an hour of Hot Fuzz is both hilarious and so much fun to watch.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Of course you may; welcome to the club, Ryan! Ah, yeah, comedy's one of my most favorite genres out there; huge fan. Ironically, though, it's actually been a while since I had seen any comedy movie, haha. Anyway, here's a new topic for you guys. What are some film series that you'd like to see get restarted? Why's that? What characters would you like to see involved this time around, and which actors or actresses do you wish to play as them?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What are some film series that you'd like to see get restarted?

As much as I loved the first three Star Wars movies, Episodes 4-6, they shooouldn't go for the reboot, but I'm curious to see how they would be handled with today's special effects. Harrison Ford would still be Han Solo, like how he would be in the newer Star Wars movies, and I'd like to see either Zac Efron to be Luke Skywalker.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I think it'd be pretty unique to see some new versions of older Disney movies, with updated art style, more intense music, and so forth, sort of like how it was all done in Frozen. Of them all, first one I'd like to see them get working on is Beauty and the Beast. Am a huge fan of that film, and would love to be able to view some remastered edition of it!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's really nice to see (and I mentioned this at my Disney FC but I'll explain briefly here) that Disney is remaking most of the classic movies in live-action, but if they were remade just like the recent movies like Frozen, Tangled, and possibly The Princess & The Frog, then we may be even more amazed during this era than in the era that those movies debuted back then. Yes, remastering ftw. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Speaking of which, I've always wondered how Little Mermaid would be in live-action. Should be a fun watch!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I haven't watched any new movies as of late, but has anyone watched the trailer for Fifty Shades of Gray?

I would post the video here but I won't coz it contains some, how you say, bondage scenes :x btw it also has an exclusive version of Beyonce's Crazy in Love. Tbh, it sounds so seductive yet oddly good.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I got my mom already lined up for the 50 Shades movie. *shivers*

Also, how about Guardians of the Galaxy, guys? Anyone saw it? It was AWESOME!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't seen it yet, sadly. Heard people say some good things about it, though, so I'm definitely going to give it a go at some point, hopefully. I'd try downloading it right now, but my connection's too slow, unfortunately; will wait until it speeds up a bit. I know that Dave Batista--one of my favorite all-time wrestlers--plays a role as Drax the Destroyer in this film (doesn't he?), so him acting, to me, would be pretty interesting to see. I mean, I've already seen his work, but just never saw the guy in any movie before.

Back