• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I haven't seen it yet, sadly. Heard people say some good things about it, though, so I'm definitely going to give it a go at some point, hopefully. I'd try downloading it right now, but my connection's too slow, unfortunately; will wait until it speeds up a bit. I know that Dave Batista--one of my favorite all-time wrestlers--plays a role as Drax the Destroyer in this film (doesn't he?), so him acting, to me, would be pretty interesting to see. I mean, I've already seen his work, but just never saw the guy in any movie before.

Batista is actually a decent actor I might say. And he plays the role of Drax pretty well :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Batista is actually a decent actor I might say. And he plays the role of Drax pretty well :P

I hope he his! He does pretty well with all scripts he gets in WWE and whatnot, so seeing anything less would be a little disappointing, to be honest, haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hnng, you guys should see it if you haven't done so @ Guardians. It's literally the best movie out there. For this year, that is.

I'm thinking of watching The Giver this weekend. I'm not much of a sucker for romantic movies, but when I watched the trailer, I was pretty intrigued. It takes place in a world where love is prohibited. What would we do without love? I'd like to find out. xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Say, are those guardians related to Marvel's universe in any way, or are they separate? If it's former, then it should be pretty interesting to see them incorporate those guys with other heroes. Thor and Iron Man would probably be my picks, since they're two of my most favorites.

Haha, I feel like I've watched other films like that before. Well, maybe not exactly, but similar. I would've watched this one, too, but sadly, I've grown out of the genre; romantic movies just don't interest me as much as they used to.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They're actually related because when Ronan and Thanos had a conversation about the orb, in the beginning of the movie, you hear Ronan talk about Thanos' mistake about trusting Loki with the staff, but you gotta pay attention to that scene because it's kinda subtle. Also the gem that we see in the movie is probably the gem used for the Infinity Gauntlet which will be the main plot of the 3rd Avengers movie. And there's also other gems in other Marvel Universe movies, but I'm just gonna leave that one out :P

As for Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy coming into one big movie, don't count my words for it, but all the little hints and easter eggs from the past movies will most likely pit Thanos against the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy and nw superheroes that Marvel will release before the Avengers 3 in 2018 :)

As a Marvel fan you don't know how excited I am for this movie *3*

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ah, yeah, that does make a lot of sense. A friend also explain to me that there's also only one universe in regards to them, and places, characters, plot, etc. are a part of it as a whole. If you think about it, it's actually pretty interesting. You rarely get to see things like this.

Speaking of which, I've heard that Thor got replaced by a woman recently as far as comics go. Something happened to him, so he transitioned his power to her so that she could continue his legacy (or something along the lines). If they are to base a new Thor movie at some point future off this, I'd be very intrigued, personally. Some heroes pass off their skills and abilities to other people as time goes on--Captain America, for example--but we've never seen it done with Thor, haha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So, what movie have we seen recently, guys, and what parts of it did we like and dislike?

For me, it would have to be Guardians of the Galaxy, which I've watched yesterday. All around, it was pretty great, and had many parts that were simply filled with emotion. At one point, it literally had me drop tears. Only thing I disliked about it was beginning. In my opinion, it was a little fast-paced; everything seemed to happen pretty quickly. If it were a little slower and walked us through step-by-step, I'm sure it would have been better.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I agree that the beginning of Guardians was a little fast paced, but it cleard up right by the middle, so I was able to understand it better.

Usually when moves start off with fast introductions, I tend to get lost easily...and if I find myself lost during the middle part of the movie, I won't understand the ending, thus resulting me in saying "i didn't like the movie :(".

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, same here. Well, middle isn't always an issue for me, per se (since this is where action usually occur, which is sort of easy for me to get into), but for beginning and end, those are a little more complex. If they're not able to explain the story well enough, I wind up taking it in a negative way.

S u m m e r y

time will turn us into statues eventually
Years
Username: S u m m e r y

Favorite movie(s): OMG OMG OMG OMG , this is hard. I have plenty of favorite movies. But some of my current favorites have to be

There Will Be Blood - Daniel Day Lewis. Awesome Cinematography. Pulsating dialogues. What else do you want. This movie had the grand canvas of story telling.

Pan's Labyrinth - it just had such fantasy in it like the kid's imagination blew me away, i can relate i had a very vivid imagination as a kid so to me that movie was just fantastic, plus guillermo del toro's fairy tail/monster mythology imagery is always elegant to watch.

Moon - This movie simply blew me away, I for the god of me cannot understand how this was overlooked during Oscars.

Amongst others are 2001: A Space Odyssey, Fight Club ( I know we are not supposed to talk about it), The Breakfast Club, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Lotr, Blade Runner, Colors Trilogy, Oldboy, Good Will Hunting, Matrix, What's eating gilbert grape?, Goodfellas, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Heat, Citizen Kane, Chinatown, Vertigo, Casablanca and so many more! I'm a big movie buff :3

Answer a topic:

~ How often do you watch movies?

Every day. No, I'm not kidding. Every single day. I'm a cinephile. I live and eat movies. I hang around at r/movies a lot as well, I have seen so many movies in the past 8-9 years but I still keep discovering something new all the time. I have had to purchase 6-7 Hdds just to keep my movie collection. Today I'm going to watch Edge of Tomorrow again, I already saw it in the theater and it has to be the best summer movie of this year followed by Guardians of the Galaxy. I also aspire to be a film-maker one of these days :3

~ What are you favorite movie genre(s)?

No specific genre, I watch all of them. Indie/art house, science fiction, action, drama, romance, comedy, horror, thrillers and all their sub genres, you name them. But I tend to avoid horror because most of them are derivative and rely on torture gore and shock value rather than providing genuine scares, I prefer dread over cheap scares ( other reason could also be that I cannot watch horror movies alone, and only in daytime )

~ What are some of your favorite moment in movies?

Oh god so many! The revelation during Chinatown, the twist during Psycho, Castaways ending, Groundhog day's ending when he finally breaks the loop and so many more! :D

Thank you for reading!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Summery!

I have my TV turned on every time I'm in my room (without it, things just feel too quiet, sadly, which I find to be a bit comforting), and usually, it's set to a movie channel. Although I don't watch everything that occur on-screen, but I listen to whatever's happening while doing what I'm doing, so, in some way, I'd say you and I are sort of similar when it comes to frequency of movie-watching, haha.

Ah, Guardians of the Galaxy! I've watched it only once, but have indeed enjoyed my time. Its beginning was a little fast-paced, I feel, but rest were slow, steady, and elaborate.

S u m m e r y

Years
Welcome to the club, Summery!

I have my TV turned on every time I'm in my room (without it, things just feel too quiet, sadly, which I find to be a bit comforting), and usually, it's set to a movie channel. Although I don't watch everything that occur on-screen, but I listen to whatever's happening while doing what I'm doing, so, in some way, I'd say you and I are sort of similar when it comes to frequency of movie-watching, haha.

Ah, Guardians of the Galaxy! I've watched it only once, but have indeed enjoyed my time. Its beginning was a little fast-paced, I feel, but rest were slow, steady, and elaborate.

Thanks for welcoming! :D

I don't watch TV a lot, they censor everything at my place from nudity to profanity :/ , but yeah I understand what you're trying to say I keep the channel switched on while eating or when I'm just uber bored XD

It was a brilliant movie! :D , what I loved about the movie was how they turned such a lesser known property into something so amazing , It's even better than the comic books! I cannot wait for Phase 3 of the Marvel movies :D

Winter Soldier was much more better than Guardians of the Galaxy though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yes, Winter Solider was simply marvelous (no pun intended)! It was pretty intriguing to see Rogers leave Bucky alive after all that's happened and vice-versa, and going on into a mission with Falcon throughout the end to rescue him. Very interested to see how their third movie is like, find out if they're successful or not.

In comics, once he turns to good side, Winter Solider later goes on to become the new Captain America when something happens to Steve, so I wonder if they'll be doing the same in films, or at least something similar? Sam Wilson is also a possibility, but I can't imagine it to happen any time soon, unfortunately, because according to comic books, Bucky's ahead of him in the line. Wilson's not a super-solider, so it'd be sort of bland to see him as Captain America, but at least he still supposedly has good combatant skills, as well as experience.

They've also shown Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver throughout the end caged in a Hydra facility; pretty excited to see their future film involvement, too! I've heard that they were set to join Avengers in their second movie, but I don't believe it has been confirmed yet, sadly. Seemingly, they will be introduced as villains at first, kind of like Winter Solider.

If any of you haven't seen this movie yet, I'm extremely sorry for posting these spoilers!

S u m m e r y

Years
Yes Winter Soldier was great! Chris Evans was earlier saying that he might leave after Avengers 3, but now he is saying probably not. Sebastian Shaw has a 9 movie contract deal with Marvel so yes probably he will become Captain America or just turn into paragon and assist The Avengers.

Sam will be too lame , but I still liked him in the movie! Really compliments Cap as his right hand. Scarlet and Quicksilver are confirmed to appear in Age of Ultron and yes they'll appear as Villains first, I'd love to see how that's handled.

You should see all the Comic Con panels of Avengers : Age of Ultron to kill time and get yourself more excited :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, Sam would indeed be sort of lame, unfortunately, but he still makes an amazing sidekick. If they do wish to turn him into a Captain America, I'd like them to inject some superhuman powers into him first and foremost. This is one thing that makes Captain America, well, Captain America, and if you take that away, he wouldn't be having much pleasuring of an aura surrounding him, sorry to say.

Same here! They're with Hydra, so they'll likely be on some of their mission when we first meet these two. It'd be interesting to see how they transition into good guys!

S u m m e r y

Years
Obviously powers are important, but what makes Cap interesting is his aura as a symbol of america someone who is morally responsible and is a person of justice. That's what I love about these superheroes, anyone can come up with a superpower but what makes these characters interesting are their personalities.

I believe they'll switch to Avengers in the 1st half itself when they see how dangerous Ultron is. I read the description for the AoU trailer, and damn it sounds so brilliant. Cannot wait to see when it hits youtube.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I remember reading a report somewhere that Hugh Jackman wanted Wolverine to join the team in Age of Ultron, but I'm not sure how that will play out, or if it will actually be happening or not. Personally, however, I'd love to see it; it'd be very interesting, if you ask me. Plus, in comic book world, if I'm not mistaken, Winter Solider supposedly kills Logan's wife, so if they associate him with Avengers, especially one member in partcular--Captain America--they could possibly play out the scene in some future CA film. Bucky could make appearance in a Wolverine movie, but unless it's cameo, it probably wouldn't make much sense, since he's mainly a Captain America character.

S u m m e r y

Years
That is not going to happen unless by some miracle these greedy studios actually have a heart and decide to collaborate. X-Men rights are with Paramount, Fantastic Four with Fox and the most important character of Marvel Comic Books Spider-Man belongs to Sony. It breaks my heart as a comic book fan that Spidey won't be appearing in the Avengers. Not to mention the current reboot is so abysmal.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ah, that makes sense; wasn't fully aware. It sucks to know that they're unlikely to collaborate. They might not get higher sales rate or anything of the like by doing such a thing, I understand, but they could still develop something fantastic together that a lot of fans would surely be invested in.

Back