• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Clandestine Beta v1.5.5 - The Halloween Update

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
ubPgmPT.png

PD0TyzM.png

I've been playing Pokemon games since I was a kid, and they've always been one of my favorite games. I played lots of ROM hacks throughout the years, and I even tried making one, but stopped playing ROM hacks, and making the ROM hack, and took a break for like 4 more years. Last year I started making a ROM hack again, learned a lot, but wasn't liking how it was coming out, and stopped. But, now I have RPG Maker XP and have been learning how to use that. (Which, turns out to be sooo much easier than ROM hacking.) I have plenty of free-time, and need stuff to do so I like to fill my time with developing my very first game. PLEASE note that this is a FANGAME and thus I will NEVER sell it and will ALWAYS be free. Do not download from any other sites other than PokeCommunity and RelicCastle, those are the only sites where I have posted the fangame. If it's found anywhere else, it is not me. IF I ever get an email or anything from Nintendo telling me that I need to C&D I will happily comply, and I will stop working on the game immediately. I've been a huge Pokemon fan since I was a little kid, and still am and definitely would not want to upset them. Please understand if this does happen, and do not get upset with me or Nintendo.

RECRUITING SPRITERS. NEED OVERWORLD SPRITES
ALSO MADE A DISCORD, SO FEEL FREE TO JOIN TO STAY UPDATED OR TO CHAT!

2TiH0up.png

Spoiler:

Lu5zK0N.png

Spoiler:

1RIoPdb.png

Spoiler:

gIOdm7c.png

Spoiler:

tAVD0dy.png

Spoiler:

EIilFZd.png

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

rA3wDJx.png

Pokémon Clandestine Beta v1.5.5 - The Halloween Update Mega Download Link Here
CONTROLS:
Spoiler:

Bug Fixes:
v1.1: Before this update the Pokedex said normal types were grass, but they still worked as normal types, the pokemon center had tiles you weren't suppose to be able to walk on but could, same with indoors, I added water autotiles, I added text to all the signs since there aren't maps for the islands yet, I fixed a bug with a trainer in Farend Town, fixed a bug where the first gym when you lost the retry didn't work properly, and fixed a map connection for the final map of the beta not being connected.

v1.2: Bug with the second gym trial not working properly is now fixed, Sneasel now has it's own custom form to match the story (if playing prior before 1.2, go to Erkwood Pokemon Center and trade with the NPC), edited the first gym leaders battle sprite, fixed a bug after you get totodile where it could crash if you press "A" where the fisher used to be, and the obedience levels weren't set properly (now after the first gym pokemon up to level 30 actually listen, and after the second up to 40!)

v1.2.5: Bug in first gym where if you didn't turn on the switch after beating someone, and going back in the trainer would be blocking your way is now fixed, and updated a switch to let the player down stairs after getting sneasel

v1.3: Editing some sprites, fixed a bug where PCs were causing crashes

v.1.3.5: Fixed a bug with first encounter with Kristina if you are on the right side of the path causing the game to freeze, changed the TM found in Chelith from "Return" to "Thief" fixed a bug in Signal City where Kristina would run into you and cause the game to freeze

v.1.4: Fixed a bug where if you lose to Cid, the game froze. Fixed a bug in signal city where grunt going in forest caused freeze. Fixed running/walking sprite. Changed the Team Shadow intro from the Rocket Intro to the Team Shadows intro. Fixed where if your party is full, and you're suppose to get Totodile, it's sent to PC now. Been working on Halloween update! Hopefully will have that out by 10/22/17

v1.5: Added the mystery gift, some BW visuals (might be able to add some of them I took out back in since they didn't seem to be what were causing the crashes), goes up to the third gym. Had to fix a bug with the Totodile event in Rivermouth Cavern, and a few minor things like stairs not working like they should, and a bug with a rival battle. Nevertheless, I'm sure somebody will find some unseen bugs, but until then this seems to be pretty stable and bug free. If you want the mystery gift you need to go into any pokemart, save your game, and reload. Then you'll have the "mystery gift" option on the main screen!

v1.5.1: There was a bug with the gym where it would freeze, now fixed.

v1.5.2: There was a bug with the first choice in the gym where you'd get locked in. Fixed.

v1.5.3: Fixed the teleporting guys text and his abra's eyes in all the Pokemon Centers where they can be found, fixed Black Fog not being able to learn TMs (Now learns same TMs as Haunter), fixed a bug with the PC showing the "types" of Pokemon incorrectly, fixed some movement permissions in Mount Ginger's valley, and fixed the trainers in the forest talking to you during the day nonstop.

v1.5.4: Fixed a bug where if you didn't interact with the chalkboard on the first floor of the burned house officer jenny and the SS leader wasn't there, fixed a bug where using teleport outside of battle didn't send you to the right place, and fixed a bug with leavanny where it wouldn't attack.

v1.5.5: Fixed where you can't keep talking to the chalkboard in the burned house, fixed where you can't walk on to the table in the burned house, added pokegear as a key item because the BW menu doesn't have a pokegear slot, fixed a ledge so you jump down it and not up, and fixed the big sign in Reefbed so you don't look like you're walking over it. Mystery Gift removed 11/25/17

Show your support with a support banner! :)

Encounters are in the games folder​

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2017
I am a spriter and really want to help in this project. I'll send random artwork to you so you can see if you like it or not. And if you like it you can (maybe) apply me as spriter for your game. So.. what is your e-mail?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
I am a spriter and really want to help in this project. I'll send random artwork to you so you can see if you like it or not. And if you like it you can (maybe) apply me as spriter for your game. So.. what is your e-mail?

If you have a discord, you can join here and message me on there :) and if you don't have discord, feel free to PM me on here and I'll give you my information!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
sure like the idea!

and yeah check out my game if you want ^_^
Update 1.2 is yust resleased!

Upload some screenshots of the game and i may try it out! I like to see what it looks like before testing out games :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
Updated some pictures and added a stitched together photo of the first few maps, still looking for a spriter to help out with battle sprites. I'm planning on releasing the first beta this month. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
Many, many months later but the beta is finally out! Please report any bugs you find by PMing me or posting on this thread. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
After getting reports that the download hit it's limit, I moved it over to mega! The new download should work. :) Thanks everybody for the support so far!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I like how you start with a shiny sneasle, the backstory for it is nicely done seeing how potentially dangerous a sneasle would be in the wild in general.

I see one error right off th ebat and any normal types will be listed as greass types in the pokedex (Hoothoot is grass and flying for example) though in battle they act as actual normal types, and have the correct type lable on the status screen. For some reason normal types are not listed as such in the pokedex. You will want to check all pokemon listings in the pokedex to make sure they're listed right or else people might think you changed the typings of pokemon for the purposes of your fangame

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
I like how you start with a shiny sneasle, the backstory for it is nicely done seeing how potentially dangerous a sneasle would be in the wild in general.

I see one error right off th ebat and any normal types will be listed as greass types in the pokedex (Hoothoot is grass and flying for example) though in battle they act as actual normal types, and have the correct type lable on the status screen. For some reason normal types are not listed as such in the pokedex. You will want to check all pokemon listings in the pokedex to make sure they're listed right or else people might think you changed the typings of pokemon for the purposes of your fangame

Oh, whoops, I?ll see what I can do about fixing that. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Easy fix. Will be fixed and uploaded after I get back from school. The pokedexTypes.png for some reason has grass at the top where "normal" should be and a second time "grass" is suppose to be.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
and while on the topic of the pokedex the data itself cuts off due to the lack of space for text. I would recommend using pre-gen six pokedex data to help fit in the text box, and for gen 6 pokemon (and gen 7 if there are any) try making up abridged versions of the current pokedex data to fit in the box since I dunno if you'll be able to increase the character limit in any way. Of course this isnt very important but I figured it's worth noting.

One final thing, while I managed to get the first badge just fine with a bit of work, it might be a good idea for your mother to give you five pokeballs to start with in future versions since logically she IS a pokemon professor of sorts, she ought to have pokeballs lying around especially given the project she's working on.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
did some bug fixes and added some autotiles, so update the game to the newest version if you can ^^

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I havent downloaded the new version yet but I hit a game-breaking bug in the town where I met Jack where talking to the camper with the teddiursa causes a crash regardless of what you say to him. Hopefully this is addressed in the new version.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
I havent downloaded the new version yet but I hit a game-breaking bug in the town where I met Jack where talking to the camper with the teddiursa causes a crash regardless of what you say to him. Hopefully this is addressed in the new version.

It was. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
...Well for some reason it still crashes, and I know I was using the 1.1 beta.

Oh wow, you're right. Now it's for sure fixed. >.< gotta update the link once again. There was something extra in the event causing it to crash, definitely gone work when i update the link! My apologies.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
ok the battle works now! But now another issue came up, one that I may have to just eal with. I decided to use the totodile from the save totodile event on the way to the second gym and it evolved into a crocanaw. It now wont obey me, since its technically registered as a trade. Most other gift pokemon (ones gained from means other than trading I mean) granted by NPCs in the main games will be registered to the player, even if the NPC had history with said pokemon up to that point (like the NPCs in the original yellow who would give you bulbasaur, charmander, and squirtle). I expected this to be much the same in that regard, so I'm between a rock and a hard place since I wanna use the croconaw in the second gym battle but I cant because of it still being registered to the NPC named Robert. Was this intentional? If so I may have to deal with it, but if it isnt I wanted to give you a heads up all the same since gift pokemon are supposed to be registered to the player.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
ok the battle works now! But now another issue came up, one that I may have to just eal with. I decided to use the totodile from the save totodile event on the way to the second gym and it evolved into a crocanaw. It now wont obey me, since its technically registered as a trade. Most other gift pokemon (ones gained from means other than trading I mean) granted by NPCs in the main games will be registered to the player, even if the NPC had history with said pokemon up to that point (like the NPCs in the original yellow who would give you bulbasaur, charmander, and squirtle). I expected this to be much the same in that regard, so I'm between a rock and a hard place since I wanna use the croconaw in the second gym battle but I cant because of it still being registered to the NPC named Robert. Was this intentional? If so I may have to deal with it, but if it isnt I wanted to give you a heads up all the same since gift pokemon are supposed to be registered to the player.

That's intentional as it was somebody else's pokemon before it was yours but what's weird is that it doesn't listen to you. After the first gym all pokemon up to level 30 should listen, and then after the second all pokemon up to 40 listen.

I just checked and there's an error in the script, it didn't seem to save when I changed the levels for obedience on gym leaders. I'll fix this, and update the link again. Thanks for finding this :)

Last edited:
Back