• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023

Was it even worth it? I feel like I've wasted my life just watching it, when I could have read it in a post in two seconds.

Still, you did a good job in making your point

*bookmarks site*

Nice screenies zel, they always keep me interested. But it's a shame you couldn't make Silver look like this. XD

hmmm, it's your sprites that still bug me a little though. But still, your scripting is excellent, and that's basically what the game is, so keep it up!

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
support

it's like you really work for nintendo,
ive been on this site for over an year now and i heve never seen scripting like you do!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
One question, have you made it so that the Sudowoodo tree can't be 'manually' cut away (Menu > Pokemon > (example) Bellsprout > Cut) like a normal tree?

I'm pretty sure that the 'cut' tree is just a script and sprite assigned to a person so I don't think zel'll have any problems.

Good work zel! This may be one of the best hacks around. I'm envious of your scripting.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
wow nice hack i cant believe i havent noticed such a hack like this o.o, i looks great cant wait to play the next beta comes out.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Time to pick up the questions. I had a bit of time, so I mapped the Route, I still need to script it. I guess it wouldnt take more than one hour, or less. But, MtMortar is a completely different thing.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1394018

Anyways, this hack is progressing nicely, and I can't wait for ShinyGold Beta 2! Good luck!

From,
~TheRoad

...¿?

One question, have you made it so that the Sudowoodo tree can't be 'manually' cut away (Menu > Pokemon > (example) Bellsprout > Cut) like a normal tree?

I havent thought about that, but... since the Sudo-tree has not the same script offset as any other normal tree, there should not be such effect. Test it later guys.

Nice screenies zel, they always keep me interested. But it's a shame you couldn't make Silver look like this. XD

hmmm, it's your sprites that still bug me a little though. But still, your scripting is excellent, and that's basically what the game is, so keep it up!

You were joking about that screenie, right? look! It's big-eyes-Silver!.
Well, my sprites will get better, with time, I think...

Very nice looking hack. Is there any set/general release timeframe on this?(beta or full release)

For a full release, no way! For a Beta, you should read my Important Info section, right there in my first post.

That's all, I'll post again later after I script the Route, and I'll post a few more screenshots then.

[EDIT]: Done, finished the scripting of Route42. That means now I'm posting the screenshots:

image50vm6.png
image51cj4.png
image52fc7.png

Of course, you will fall in the invisible floor...
I'm in love with my event with the legendaries. I hope you too...

Goes to rest, I may keep on working on the hack tomorrow, but it depends on finishing my main business first. Keep fingers crossed!

Last edited:

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
man zel u are awesome!!! thats kewl with the legendary screen! so are you gonna do like latios and latias did in rse? they just fly around and you just find the mrandomly?

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
the only thing i can think of thats kinda like the day and night feature is that nightime will be rainin, cuz thats the only thing i kno where its preety dark, zel, maybe you can just take away the rain sprites? idk.

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
legendaries.....for a long time i study'd them.. there power still is unbelievable, but....doesn't suicine stands in front? doensn't matter but still do'h.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2007
This Hack Is Absoluely Awesome. If This Was A Gam, I Would By It. I Have A Question, In The Second Load Of Picz On Page 1, Who Is The Guy With The Lab Coat And The Red Hat????

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
That's zel's character in the game, named Carlos. He said it wasn't completely going to follow the G/S storyline ;)

لμηιοяאD

Brasilian Greath Trainer
Years
This Hack Is Absoluely Awesome. If This Was A Gam, I Would By It. I Have A Question, In The Second Load Of Picz On Page 1, Who Is The Guy With The Lab Coat And The Red Hat????
Is a zel char in game lol

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
man zel u are awesome!!! thats kewl with the legendary screen! so are you gonna do like latios and latias did in rse? they just fly around and you just find the mrandomly?

You will not find them in Beta2. I'll have to see how to make them run wild, but I'm not too sure to pull that one, since the script, flag or whatever it is that enables a legendary (dog or... whatever...) run wild is uncertain to me right now. It's gonna involve some serious search which will take quite a lot of time, so I'm gonna leave that for the end. There are more important things to finish first. And besides, if I'm not able to make them wild, I have a neat idea of how to get them, and it's gonna involve a little change in the story...

You wrote that you MIGHT add the night feature, how will you do that if you do??
the only thing i can think of thats kinda like the day and night feature is that nightime will be rainin, cuz thats the only thing i kno where its preety dark, zel, maybe you can just take away the rain sprites? idk.
Where did he say that?

And even if he was planning to do this, that means that he'd have to script in a clock as well, since FRLG doesn't have one.

Well, first: It's not possible (to me, at least) to add a real-time clock, so all I have close to that is my "random? timed" script (the one I used for the Pokemon Salon to happen from time to time), but details about how to implement day/night system are not clear to me yet. Anyway, those are things that need to be thinked carefully with a lot of time in hand, a thing that I dont currently have.
The rain is not the only weather where it's Dark, you have a "Dark" weather as well (I used this effect for the Union Cave), that's as close as we can get.
And, as Pikachu Charizard pointed, keep in mind the word: "MIGHT"

legendaries.....for a long time i study'd them.. there power still is unbelievable, but....doesn't suicine stands in front? doensn't matter but still do'h.

Played the original Gold, and Suicune's where it is in the screenshot.

Well, the other question was already answered. So I dont have anything else to do, apart from posting the usual screenshots!

image53iv3.png
image54xu8.png
image55we2.png
image56fs1.png
image59fl3.png
image60wd2.png

If all goes as planned expect the Beta2 for next weekend!

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
The way to trigger the running legendarys was when you get the national pokedex in fire red,what you could do is look at the script that triggers them to appear and play with a bit so that they are triggered when first meet thier overworld sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back