• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Something can be based on Tarasque. "The Tarasque was a sort of dragon with six short legs like a bear's, an ox-like body covered with a turtle shell, and a scaly tail that ended in a scorpion's sting. It had a lion's head." It can be part Dragon but I don't know about the other type.
Turtle shell (turtle) and scorpion's sting (scorpion) both suggest water type.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I don't think that the top of the mountain is snow. It's clouds it looks like.
This may be the place where we will find our Y shaped Dragon friend,hence the trailer.

Also,the orange trees at the top of the map might be Xerneas's area.Kind of hard to figure out because of all these forest that are there.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
I definitely see the Stonhedge/Carnac stone structure being a place with a lot of mythology for the region perhaps even the Legendary origins? Also, does anyone know what that Crystal stone like structure coming out of the water is by the snow town I can't seem to identify it

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I definitely see the Stonhedge/Carnac stone structure being a place with a lot of mythology for the region perhaps even the Legendary origins? Also, does anyone know what that Crystal stone like structure coming out of the water is by the snow town I can't seem to identify it

Maybe something that has to do with the fairy type or how you evolve eevee to sylveon

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Maybe something that has to do with the fairy type or how you evolve eevee to sylveon
Yeah I could definitely see it having a fairy-like connection

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It would be interesting if it serves the function of the ice rock or the moss rock for those Eeveelutions.

Speaking of, the ice rock is likely near the snow town. Kinda obvious tho.

Cyclone

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Speaking of important locations where you reckon we'll find Xerneas and Yveltal?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Someone suggested the orange mushrooms or something for Xerneas, and Yveltal is a flying legendary of some type, so perhaps in the mountain with the clouds?

Of course, since they will be version exclusive, I'll reckon they will appear at the same spot regardless in the story. Unless each game has different areas become available.

Cyclone

Years
Hopefully they're not just plonked in the middle of a Route in which the battle is activated by simply walking up to them and pressing the A button.

I just imagined after some event, maybe with the evil organization a cutscene with Yveltal flying over the protagonist while on a certain route wanting you to follow it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That'll actually be kind of cool to see, the cutscene in the middle of the route, not the catching in the middle of a route while standing still like a certain group of Pokemon in B2W2.
I wonder if that isolated island with the cave may be the villainous hideout, it'll be nice to get a non building hideout for the first time since Magma's in Emerald, or maybe another vehicle like in B2W2.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Speaking of important locations where you reckon we'll find Xerneas and Yveltal?

I would love for Yveltal to be at the top of a huge mountain, flying over it's peak.
Getting to the top would trigger a cutscene where Yveltal lands and "attacks" the player.

Xerneas should be hidden in some kind of magic forest. Maybe a part where the is a lake as well?
A cutscene would trigger as well, and Xerneas would come towards you, jumping between trees

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly if anything I'd expect to see them in that purple crystalline location. That seems more like a mystical place for a legendary Pokémon to be instead of something to do with a new type.

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Normally title legends are in the same location but maybe they'll change this time around considering how these two contrast each other.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
A royal theme is very evident with all the castles and all. I wonder if they'll be an actual monarchy. Sounds like the rumors about B2W2 long ago.

I don't like the integration of elements from other European countries. They could have based it on future regions based on those other countries like England!

Years
Tbh the region is still quite french in origin, it doesn't seem to have much outside European influence, which is how I wanted it.
Also by the look of the map there doesn't seem to be a version exclusive area this time like with BW, nor an extralink like place...unless the crystal is the extralink version for this generation.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Tbh the region is still quite french in origin, it doesn't seem to have much outside European influence, which is how I wanted it.
Also by the look of the map there doesn't seem to be a version exclusive area this time like with BW, nor an extralink like place...unless the crystal is the extralink version for this generation.

The entralink (or something very similar) might be accessible from all Pokemon Centers now.

Like what happened with the global trade station in the transition from the 4th gen to 5th gen.

They probably won't want to give as much focus on older innovations. It just becomes expected/the norm.

Years
I guess that could work too. I sort of wanted version exclusive locations...however this would make it easier for the third version if there's one as they won't have to pick which location to keep, or add a new incompatible location with the other two.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Someone suggested the orange mushrooms or something for Xerneas, and Yveltal is a flying legendary of some type, so perhaps in the mountain with the clouds?

Of course, since they will be version exclusive, I'll reckon they will appear at the same spot regardless in the story. Unless each game has different areas become available.

Cyclone

That someone would be me... I have the picture of where the legendaries are most likely to appear...

Spoiler:

Top Left: Mewtwo or Z-Legend
Top Right: Yveltal
Bottom Right: Xerneas

It's likely you will try to stop the team from taking the opposite legend (Go to the forest on Y and the mountain on X) and then they get away or something. After that, you go to the opposite (Mountain in Y and forest in X) and the legendary challenges you to see if you are worthy of helping them get the other legendary Pokemon back.

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Maybe it's just me but I'm kind of expecting Xerneas and Yveltal to be found in the same location. It's pretty much guaranteed (although yes they can go against this) that they're going to be version exclusives, so if they're found in different places then that leaves one location almost useless. Of course, they could take the road of GSC and have both cover legends available, so who knows.

I don't really think the circle of Yveltal looks like anywhere that a legendary would be. If anything, I'd probably expect something to be at the Stonehenge look-a-like, since that's associated with mystery and legends.

Back