• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
I tried as hard as I could to use the search function for anything about the move payday in here, but i didn't see anything.

The problem I'm having is with the move Payday, specifically on Meowth if it makes a difference. I have not changed anything with the scripts other the correctons from this very thread. My meowth just learned payday, and it works in battle well enough, but at the end of the battle I get the message: "playername picked up $!"
and the game simply crashes. It happens every time I have tried so far.

I'm a little confused. If this happens every time to everyone someone must have reported it by now right? and if it doesn't happen to everyone what could be happening? I haven't changed anything outside of some script corections from this thread. Nothing on my own.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I tried as hard as I could to use the search function for anything about the move payday in here, but i didn't see anything.

The problem I'm having is with the move Payday, specifically on Meowth if it makes a difference. I have not changed anything with the scripts other the correctons from this very thread. My meowth just learned payday, and it works in battle well enough, but at the end of the battle I get the message: "playername picked up $!"
and the game simply crashes. It happens every time I have tried so far.

I'm a little confused. If this happens every time to everyone someone must have reported it by now right? and if it doesn't happen to everyone what could be happening? I haven't changed anything outside of some script corections from this thread. Nothing on my own.
Pay Day used to give an incorrect amount of money (but still worked), but that was fixed in v10. For the time being it's still mentioned on this wiki page.

I've just tried Pay Day myself, and it works fine. I can only think that your modifications (which means this question doesn't belong in this thread!) were wrong. Here's what the code should look like (PokeBattle_Battle, line 835):

Code:
        if @internalbattle && @moneygained>0
          pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} picked up ${2}!",self.pbPlayer.name,@moneygained))      
          self.pbPlayer.money+=@moneygained
        end

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2012
whenever i try to start it, it comes up with "cakerefresher" and once that goes away i get an error saying

---------------------------
Oops!
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named "Crash_2012-11-03_100046" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!
OK

in the folder it mentions it says
Unity Player [version: Unity 3.5.5f3_249be5b9299d]
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe at 0023:004eb78f.
Error occurred at 2012-11-03_100056.
C:\Users\matthew\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe, run by matthew.
86% memory in use.
3949 MB physical memory [522 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [2203 MB free].
Write to location 00000008 caused an access violation.
Context:
EDI: 0x0eebc85d ESI: 0x00000008 EAX: 0x00000008
EBX: 0x02cc6384 ECX: 0x0018f354 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x004eb78f EBP: 0x0018f2a4 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00210202 ESP: 0x0018f2a4 SegSs: 0x0000002b
Bytes at CS:EIP:
89 10 8b 49 04 89 48 04 5d c2 08 00 cc cc cc cc

and a whole bunch of other numbers and letters that would take up too much room. please help!

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
whenever i try to start it, it comes up with "cakerefresher" and once that goes away i get an error saying

Oops!
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named "Crash_2012-11-03_100046" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!
OK

in the folder it mentions it says
Unity Player [version: Unity 3.5.5f3_249be5b9299d]
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe at 0023:004eb78f.
Error occurred at 2012-11-03_100056.
C:\Users\matthew\AppData\Roaming\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online\Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe, run by matthew.
86% memory in use.
3949 MB physical memory [522 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [2203 MB free].
Write to location 00000008 caused an access violation.
Context:
EDI: 0x0eebc85d ESI: 0x00000008 EAX: 0x00000008
EBX: 0x02cc6384 ECX: 0x0018f354 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x004eb78f EBP: 0x0018f2a4 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00210202 ESP: 0x0018f2a4 SegSs: 0x0000002b
Bytes at CS:EIP:
89 10 8b 49 04 89 48 04 5d c2 08 00 cc cc cc cc

and a whole bunch of other numbers and letters that would take up too much room. please help!

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe has nothing to do with essentials... <.<

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
Pay Day used to give an incorrect amount of money (but still worked), but that was fixed in v10. For the time being it's still mentioned on this wiki page.

I've just tried Pay Day myself, and it works fine. I can only think that your modifications (which means this question doesn't belong in this thread!) were wrong. Here's what the code should look like (PokeBattle_Battle, line 835):

Code:
        if @internalbattle && @moneygained>0
          pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} picked up ${2}!",self.pbPlayer.name,@moneygained))      
          self.pbPlayer.money+=@moneygained
        end

Thanks for the response maruno, but I'm still having a problem. when I open PokeBattle_Battle and go to line 835 like you said, I don't see anything even related to payday. It's part of some code to deal with draws and losses. My line 835 and below looks like this:

if @opponent
if @opponent.is_a?(Array)
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("Player lost against {1} and {2}!",@opponent[0].fullname,@opponent[1].fullname))
else
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("Player lost against\r\n{1}!",@opponent.fullname))
end
if moneylost>0
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} paid ${2}\r\nas the prize money...",self.pbPlayer.name,moneylost))
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("..."))
end
else
if moneylost>0
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("{1} panicked and lost\r\n${2}...",self.pbPlayer.name,moneylost))
pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("..."))
end
end

any ideas?

Maruno

Years
any ideas?
I suggest you stop asking off-topic questions in this thread, then. "Unmodified version 10". My directions are accurate for version 10.

But (equally) seriously, try looking up 20 lines in the scripts. Or search for some key words that appear in the code I gave you (like "picked up"). Use your imagination.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
whenever I try to go into a double battle the game (with two seperate trainers, imu gomen.) bugs up with an error containing one of the trainer's victory messages and something called "itemRecycle" or something. I don't remember this happening in the older versions..

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
whenever I try to go into a double battle the game (with two seperate trainers, imu gomen.) bugs up with an error containing one of the trainer's victory messages and something called "itemRecycle" or something. I don't remember this happening in the older versions..
I don't remember this happening with version 10, which is what this thread is for. If you've found something wrong by doing anything other than downloading the latest version and playing it, it doesn't belong in this thread.

You are of course sensible enough to start a new game, rather than trying to use an old save file in a new version. Everyone is that sensible. Well, they should be.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
it doesn't change, no matter how many new games you make. and this is in version 10.
I didn't change the maps at all..

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
1-The camper Jeff phrase "Shall we exchange numbers, so we can have a rematch?" has a symbol error.

2-I don't know if you consider this a bug, but the picknicker Susie had some spacement in her phrases.

3-If I have only one phone register and it's Oak, the Pokégear says: "\PN's house" on location. Anyway, the right isn't Oak lab?

4-You forget to, in PokemonMap, change the line '@startTime=Time.now' to '@startTime=pbGetTimeNow'.

Battle Tower seems much improved at first glance(as it now returns your pokemon it borrowed yay), but "Rest" still glitches. You are allowed to rest, then it saves your game. But upon restarting the save and returning, the game crashes. Restarting again after that takes you back to the game where the NPC tells you you didn't save and you can't continue where you left off (the point of the "Rest" option).
In NPCs receptionists events on lobby, on second page, after the command "Wait: 8 frame(s)", add the command "Change Transparent Flag: Normal". In Battle Room Event, in the first "Else" of the event, delete the commands "Set move Route (Opponent)" and "Set move Route (Player)" and place a "Set move Route (Player)" only with a "Turn Up". Maruno, please do this fix on the next Essentials.

Maruno

Years
Kaikai, that was a bug in version 8 which was fixed in version 9. It has not been mentioned since. I've tried it myself in version 10 and there's no problem. I can only think you're not doing it right.

1-The camper Jeff phrase "Shall we exchange numbers, so we can have a rematch?" has a symbol error.

2-I don't know if you consider this a bug, but the picknicker Susie had some spacement in her phrases.

3-If I have only one phone register and it's Oak, the Pokégear says: "\PN's house" on location. Anyway, the right isn't Oak lab?

4-You forget to, in PokemonMap, change the line '@startTime=Time.now' to '@startTime=pbGetTimeNow'.

In NPCs receptionists events on lobby, on second page, after the command "Wait: 8 frame(s)", add the command "Change Transparent Flag: Normal". In Battle Room Event, in the first "Else" of the event, delete the commands "Set move Route (Opponent)" and "Set move Route (Player)" and place a "Set move Route (Player)" only with a "Turn Up". Maruno, please do this fix on the next Essentials.
1. What symbol? I can't see anything wrong there.

2. I have a habit of putting double spaces between sentences. I've done it pretty much consistently, I think.

3. Yes, the registering script for Oak uses the wrong map ID number (3 instead of 4). It does use the player's name rather than show "\PN", though.

4. That time is only used to show when you started playing in the Trainer Card. I left it on purpose because I thought this should be the real world time rather than whatever fancy alternate time system the game uses. On a similar note, the amount of time played is also real world hours/minutes.

5. I've fixed the move routes for all Battle Frontier challenges. Thanks for actually providing information about that, as opposed to DarkGrey's "it crashes".

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
well first I walk inbetween two seperate trainers, then the bug comes from event 13 as both of them come towards me.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
1. What symbol? I can't see anything wrong there.

2. I have a habit of putting double spaces between sentences. I've done it pretty much consistently, I think.

3. Yes, the registering script for Oak uses the wrong map ID number (3 instead of 4). It does use the player's name rather than show "\PN", though.

4. That time is only used to show when you started playing in the Trainer Card. I left it on purpose because I thought this should be the real world time rather than whatever fancy alternate time system the game uses. On a similar note, the amount of time played is also real world hours/minutes.

5. I've fixed the move routes for all Battle Frontier challenges. Thanks for actually providing information about that, as opposed to DarkGrey's "it crashes".
1-Attached

3-Play time is a different case, it exists even in RBY.

5-I only looked on it because of DarkGrey's post. Battle Frontier is relatively complex for normal developers. Of corse, it's better if the dev, at least, post error messages.

Attachments

• shallsymbol.png
    shallsymbol.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 19

evulpsyduck

Pokemon Eternal Darkness
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
I keep getting this error:

Exception: SystemStackError

SpriteResizer:12:in `width'

Game_Map_:303:in `in_range?'

Game_Map_:335:in `update'

Game_Map_:334:in `each'

Game_Map_:334:in `update'

Scene_Map:37:in `updateMaps'

Scene_Map:36:in `each'

Scene_Map:36:in `updateMaps'

Scene_Map:84:in `miniupdate'

Scene_Map:83:in `loop'

This occurs after the first cutscene and after player has choosen a pokemon and leaves the lab.

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
i don't know if this a bug but when I'm test playing and I have the Rocky Helmet on my pokemon, the other pokemon attacks using fury swipes and on the 2nd hit its health depletes to zero and says it has fainted. but then I get hit 1 to 3 more times with fury swipes haha any way to fix that? it doesn't bother me, but if I could change it I would. I've already tried a few things but nothing seems to help. any suggestions?

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I keep getting this error:

Exception: SystemStackError

SpriteResizer:12:in `width'

Game_Map_:303:in `in_range?'

Game_Map_:335:in `update'

Game_Map_:334:in `each'

Game_Map_:334:in `update'

Scene_Map:37:in `updateMaps'

Scene_Map:36:in `each'

Scene_Map:36:in `updateMaps'

Scene_Map:84:in `miniupdate'

Scene_Map:83:in `loop'

This occurs after the first cutscene and after player has choosen a pokemon and leaves the lab.
The event move route needs to be fixed. Honestly I wish there was a better way to set up move routes but it is built in RPG MAKER XP.

Maruno

Years
1-Attached

3-Play time is a different case, it exists even in RBY.
1. I don't see that. I don't know why you do.

3. Yes, I know it's different. What I'm saying is that "date started" is related to "time played", and should also be the real world time.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
First off
6-The Hiker, the Fisherman and the Beauty
I would like to comment that that sounds like the opening to a joke of some sort. Probably with "Walk into a bar" being the next part.

1. I don't see that. I don't know why you do.

I seem to see it too... What I notice is that the phone number lines seem to dislike \b or such commands. I couldn't guess why this happens though.

Maruno

Years
First off

I would like to comment that that sounds like the opening to a joke of some sort. Probably with "Walk into a bar" being the next part.
Yeah... That's the best I could think of. The so-called "punchline" involves the fisherman getting his tackle out, but the events are out of order.

I seem to see it too... What I notice is that the phone number lines seem to dislike \b or such commands. I couldn't guess why this happens though.
It's because the text isn't displayed using the Show Text event command, but by a different script. In particular, I think it's the def _I that messes certain things up a bit by evaluating \b too early (and in your case turns it into a square - we're probably using different fonts/versions of a font). Try using \\b instead to make that colour command remain long enough to be "evaluated" in the proper place.

I made up that explanation; I have no idea if it's accurate; it seems to work, though, and describes quite well when you need to use those first few "Displays text" things.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
It's because the text isn't displayed using the Show Text event command, but by a different script. In particular, I think it's the def _I that messes certain things up a bit by evaluating \b too early (and in your case turns it into a square - we're probably using different fonts/versions of a font). Try using \\b instead to make that colour command remain long enough to be "evaluated" in the proper place.

Yeah, that's the solution. I thought that might be the fix earlier, but I wasn't able to test at the time.

Back