• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Faceless*

YES!
Years
  • Age 34
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
Well if some wants legends, and some does not, (which i DONT!) why dont we allow 1 non-uber legend in each team?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
Or make it simple, no legendaries; not too hard of a concept. There's no reason to keep talking about it, not that the topic currently has other things to discuss but still, heh. With that said though I'll have to edit my team to disclude Palkia (only really needed the help since my team lacks anything fire.)

In another topic, do people prefer using the lv.50 rounding rule in their battles? I think it'd make for a quicker tournament, plus it makes it more realistic. Having 6 lv. 100s is like actually having a team of ubers, but of course for staying in the tournament I'll gladly use 100 if I must.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I dont see the difference when you battle at level 50 or level 100. The stats are just recalculated accordingly but I rather prefer for battles to be at level 100 to get the full benefit of EVs and all.

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 21, 2007
I vote no legends . . . I use 6 legit non-legends that I bred and trained to Lv. 100 with EV training. I mean seriously, most legends with no training (once scaled up to Lv. 100 from the level they are caught at) are still better than my EV trained non-legends. It isn't fair when I lose to some guy with a Mewtwo who master-balled it and sent it from FireRed without even training it in one battle.

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
You wouldn't be facing a Mewtwo ANYWAY! The ubers, like Mewtwo, were always banned, but it was the non-uber legendaries that were in question.

Last edited:

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 21, 2007
Even then, it comes down to debating what is uber and what isn't . . . which will never be decided on. I just think that there are way to many pokemon that can now be used competitively with the new battle system for there to be any need to allow legends.

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
Years
Even then, it comes down to debating what is uber and what isn't . . . which will never be decided on. I just think that there are way to many pokemon that can now be used competitively with the new battle system for there to be any need to allow legends.
Actually, there is already a list of all ubers, anything not on this list is not uber.

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys (All forms)
Dialga
Giratina
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugia
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Wobbuffet

beast1678

Upcomming Champion!
Years
ill would like to join becuase i need to get in tournaments hehe im looking at keeping my 8-0 streak alive

Master_Beaver

Lakeland City Gym Master
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 21, 2007
I do see your point, but I don't see the necessity to allow any legends at all. If you argument is to allow them because they are not "uber" then I see a major flaw. With the number of viable species greatly increased by the reformatted fighting system, why do you need those "less than great" legends anyways? You have to remember, pokemon are made legends in the game because they are suppose to be exclusive. By banning them all, it forces players to leave the normally accepted pokemon and to branch out into the new expanses. During the 10th anniversary tournament all I saw was teams with the same 3 or 4 pokemon and then a random Ghost or Starter mixed in. It is not any fun if you battle 10 trainers to win a tournament and you see the same pokemon every time. I think that banning the legends forces players to have to try new teams and inevitably it will cause a wider range of pokemon to appear in tournaments, which will only make them move fun.

Also, why is Wobbuffet uber again? I mean I understand the whole mirror coat/counter/destiny bond argument, but his base stats are sub par at best.

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
Years
Actually I do not think non-uber legendaries should be allowed I was just commenting on what you said. And to be honest I am not sure why Wobbuffet is uber, but I party understand because of its moveset.

Abyssion

Baku Bomberman Fanboy
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Non-Uber legendaries are on par or weaker than OU pokémon. I'm not seeing why they should be banned if that's the case. Aragornbird put it nicely...somewhere. *can't find the post* x.x

Wobbuffet is banned because a Wobbuffet vs. Wobbuffet would end in a draw, and because he's just so hard to beat.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Although I see why Wobbuffet would be considered Uber by some, I have him allowed in this tournament. There are several ways to defeat a Wobbuffet, with my personal favourite being striking him with Special Dark attacks from a Dark-Type. =P

Encore can be pretty annoying on this guy, though. >_>

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
Years
Although I see why Wobbuffet would be considered Uber by some, I have him allowed in this tournament. There are several ways to defeat a Wobbuffet, with my personal favourite being striking him with Special Dark attacks from a Dark-Type. =P

Encore can be pretty annoying on this guy, though. >_>

But it's not taking him down that's scary - it's his trait which makes him truly frightening. So to take him down with a Dark Pokemon, you have to be lucky and either catch him on the switch-in, or predict and switch in with him. Don't forget, his trait traps you in battle, so there's no way to actually counter this guy unless you're extremely good at prediction; or the person using him is just stupid. XD

Also, why is Wobbuffet uber again? I mean I understand the whole mirror coat/counter/destiny bond argument, but his base stats are sub par at best.

Wobbuffet is uber mainly because of his trait Shadow Tag, I think it is. It traps you, and you're either Encored so your opponent can set up a sweeper, or your futile attempts to KO it are shattered when he fires back with Mirror Coat or Counter, and OHKOs you, because with his insane HP, very few things will knock this beast out in one move. And finally, Destiny Bond for a final killing, because Wobbuffet never dies alone; essentially, Wobbuffet is a guaranteed OHKO on at least two Pokemon. And if you have Wish support, Wobbuffet can take out an entire team.

Oh, also, as someone above mentioned, it's said that Wobbuffet vs. Wobbuffet is an automatic stalemate; neither can switch out, and neither can attack each other. I'm not sure if it's ever happened, but I do know that I never want to see it happen.

In my opinion, Wobbuffet is the scariest of all ubers.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
But it's not taking him down that's scary - it's his trait which makes him truly frightening. So to take him down with a Dark Pokemon, you have to be lucky and either catch him on the switch-in, or predict and switch in with him. Don't forget, his trait traps you in battle, so there's no way to actually counter this guy unless you're extremely good at prediction; or the person using him is just stupid. XD
Oh, I am all too aware of his ability, heh. But there are still a few ways to switch: Roar, Whirlwind, Unconventional, Baton Pass, and U-Turn. I think that's all that'll do it. It's still a small number of moves, and like you said, you'd have to be lucky to have one of them while facing Wobby.

And sorry beast1687, I cannot battle. Ironically enough, the one who started the tournament can't participate. >_>

But I'll be moving back up to Ottawa in the fall, and getting a WiFi connection is my second highest priority, after getting good grades. :D

Back