• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

oh crap it's a scary-doodle

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I cover my ears at scenes that seem like something is going to jump out at you. I don't like the sound effect they use for those scenes. You know, the loud "DUN!!!" :(

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I can't handle horror stuff well. If I really have to watch a horror film, I watch it with eyes ready to close and my hands hovering near my ears, ready to jam them shut during scary sound effects. After the movie's finished, I go home and get very paranoid when I'm alone. You know the feeling: thinking that something's behind you, trying to grab you. When you're in bed at night, you feel like something'll grab your leg and pull you out of bed like Paranormal Activity. @__@

I never play horror games such as *gasp* Slender. The closest I've done was watching slender being played on youtube. Even though I'm not the one playing, it still made me scared. I once accidentally heard the "DUN" sound that you hear when you see slenderman and it totally freaked me out. ><

Yes, I admit I'm a coward when it comes to scary stuff. I know there are others that feel the same way..

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I like more "plays with your mind" type stuff like the Twilight Zone. But even then, not really high on my list of things to enjoy

Also, general Halloween creepy-friendly - like Scooby Doo or the Haunted Mansion

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I end up doing one of the following: If I'm sitting or standing next to someone, I grab their arm very tight and try to hide behind them. If I'm alone. I grab something like a pillow or a blanket and squeeze it. The more tight the squeeze, the more scared I am.

I don't handle horror stuff very well, but it's tolerable at times. I watched Halloween the other day with a few friends and I was able to handle the movie well, despite horribly crushing my friend's arm so much. xD

I'm such a scaredykitty xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I love the thrill of getting scared as long as its not a kind of scary where its like a for real scene from a movie happening to me. You know? It's really rather rare that I get scared from a movie though. But I'll react the way most scared people react. I take it in!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I like watching horror films, but admittedly, I can be a bit paranoid sometimes. I can't sleep at night because of movies I've watched or books I've read. After watching Paranormal Activity 2, I got so scared that my mom wouldn't let me watch horror films anymore. When I do watch, however, I cover my eyes and ears and basically not pay attention to what's happening.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I don't find Horror movies scary at all, I could easily watch a lot of them one after another without getting scared.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't get scared easily by films/games (there's only ever two films that have properly scared me), but when I do get scared I get incredibly scared and it often lasts for days so I try not to watch anything that scary any more. x3 I've never been scared by a game though so that's something I'd like to try out! Those things where you're playing the game then something pops out at you and screams or whatever, I don't find those scary, more of just a slight shock, but what I do find scary is things like the slenderman and some creepypasta like Joey's Raticate and stuff :x

Years
I just take a book or pillow or maybe just my legs if I'm sitting in the right position and use them to block my view so I don't have to see the worst parts, but can still see enough.

Oh, wait. Like handle them after the fact? That's not usually a problem for me, but if it is I just take my mind off it with something else, like by reading a book.

Years
I couldn't say how I'd handle a horror game, since I don't usually play them (just not the kind of genre I normally go for).

Horror movies, though...I'd probably just watch impassively, really. I've seen horror films before, and barely blinked an eye at most of what went on, so...I'd just treat them like I would nearly any other film I watch? I dunno, I just don't get scared that easily, at least not over a movie.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i like scary movies they are awesome <3 <3
i haven't played scary games yet so...... yeah

Years
Well for horror films I'm uusually really interested in what sort of things people can find scary whilst I'm watching it. Afterwards though, I'm hiiding under blankets with all the lights on hoping the axe weilding murderer doesn't kill me ;;
Horror games I tend to just jump up and scream like a little girl when something pops up ):

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I'm pretty much not scared of anything.

I love horror movies and games. Grown up with horror movies my whole life. <3

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Are you kidding me, I love the stuff like there's no tomorrow man lol.

As far as particular horror experiences go my personal favorites would have to be games like Dead Space 1 and movies like Pitch Black to name a few.

Years
I'm not scared of horror movies, the scary stuff actually makes me laugh.

I admit to actually laughing at the shower-stabbing music from Psycho. I found that scene really funny tbh.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I'm sad to say that i get creeped out and scared easilly by really scary movies or games and the paranoia usually lasts for days xD. So usually I tend to avoid movies and games like that. But when I do watch em I always make sure I have a buddy. Like meh Muk :3

Back