• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Years
timebroken, this is an English speaking forum. (That sentence cannot be said without sounding like a jerk, damn it).

Anyway, in future please keep discussion like that to VMs, and keep the thread's discussion on-track. :)

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
Years
I noticed some weird things in the Trainer's School in Nile City.

First of all, (and this is the most minor thing) key words in the notes on the desk (except for Pokémon) are capitalized.

Second of all, at the end of the text after reading the notes, a "GIRL" says "Hey! Don't look at my notes!" The person sitting in front of that desk is a boy.

Third, there is a bookshelf that says that Professor Oak lives with his grandparents Daisy and *rival's name*. This should be changed because the rival in Pokémon Sienna is not Oak's grandson.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
16kuxi0.png

Hey, look, Sienna has a brand new HP Box! (I'm working on reworking the entire in-battle graphics and we're almost done, just need to insert a new in-battle textbox.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
I have a question. I just received my Dome Fossil from my rival after Orocino City and when I fly to Rhino(?) city, I go to the machine that revives fossils but all it says is that its unresponsive and the Old Amber never actually left my Key Item bag when I first used it. Also, the guy inside with the machine just says what he always says after you use the machien the first time for the Old Amber.

On a side note, there is a bug with the use of Fly outside of battle. 20% of the time, when I use it, it just shows a blue screen with my character's head to show his current location and the marker moves in one random direction and I can't do anything except restart the rom.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2016
this is going to be a really noob question but what emulator do you need for ths hack? virtual boy doesnt work with ISP or APS files

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
this is going to be a really noob question but what emulator do you need for ths hack? virtual boy doesnt work with ISP or APS files

You're supposed to patch it to a FR ROM before you can play it.

This hack is really looking fantastic though, I like the look of all the new fakemon, and the battle box really looks sleek. ;P

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I'd just like to say this game has been a huge blast. I've done so many Nuzlocke runs on the Nintendo games, to the point where I knew pretty much everything about every Pokemon in game. I got bored with them because everything was so predictable; my first pokemon game was Ruby, and it was so much fun running through each route and discovering all of the new pokemon. I remember leveling up my Ninjask to around level 90 just because I wanted Shedinja so much. I remember spending a day going on the epic quest for the Regis. I remember finding Feebas and trying to max out its beauty for it to evolve. I hate to have my nostalgia goggles on, but those were the days.

Easy internet access, serebii.net, and other pokemon sites allowed me to find out every possible thing about the new games before they even came out. I expected all the twists and turns, I knew all the methods to evolve the pokemon, etc. I lost touch with what made the series so awesome in the first place: the sense of exploration and discovery. Sienna, along with other PokeHacks, gave me that great feeling of "Whoa, what is that thing?!? I need to catch it! Is it this type or that type?" that I remember from my childhood. I spent extra time running around in each route hoping to find something new. I haven't done that in awhile.

That's the great thing about these fan-created games: only the creator has exhausted every possible aspect of every possible situation in the game. There's no strategy guides you can buy, there's no FakeMon entries on popular Pokemon sites, it's a great feeling. You get your butt kicked a couple of times because you weren't prepared for that sort of Pokemon, but that's fine. You go back to the drawing board and find a way to win, and you have fun while you're doing it.

So thank you for the hard work and precious time you have put into this game, I haven't been this excited to play through a game in quite some time.

On a less-cheesy note, when do Isopoly and Bombsect evolve?

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
This is very embarrassing to ask but I decided to bite the bullet where do you get the hm cut I can't find it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I hadn't seen this one yet. Seeing as the last release is 2010, is it safe to say this isn't being developed any further, or is it now complete?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
I hadn't seen this one yet. Seeing as the last release is 2010, is it safe to say this isn't being developed any further, or is it now complete?

Cyclone

Interested in this too,
Is it playable till the end, since it's still a beta?

ShinyJohtomaster

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2013
Hmm, I would say go with Red, maybe thats just me.
I like the Platinum intro colours. This hack is coming along swiftly.

I'd also say go with red. And is there any possibility of a Ruby/Sapphire hack of Hg/Ss being made? I really would love a remake and it seems Nintendo isn't doing a remake any time soon.

Back