• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
What's up, I haven't played in ages, however I am looking into buying X/Y, so I assumed this would possibly be the best place for my question, maybe.

I stopped playing with HG/SS, all my Pokemon are all on there atm, if I buy X/Y I will obviously be wanting to transfer them over, however to do this will I need 2 (3)DS's? Will I need B2/W2 or will I be able to go straight from HG/SS > X/Y? If I can't meet the requirements, is it possible to trade them to someone, they transfer them, then trade back to me, that would work right?

There's no official answer for your question... Yet!
Though it is is likely and speculated that,
to get '< Generation V' Pokemon to Generation VI,
one must first transfer them through Generation V games with [S-HIGHLIGHT]Poké Transfer[/S-HIGHLIGHT].
Generation V are consisted with these following games:
  • Pokemon Black Version
  • Pokemon White Version
  • Pokemon Black Version 2
  • Pokemon White Version 2

Artonkn

Sup.
Years
There's no official answer for your question... Yet!
Though it is is likely and speculated that,
to get '< Generation V' Pokemon to Generation VI,
one must first transfer them through Generation V games with [S-HIGHLIGHT]Poké Transfer[/S-HIGHLIGHT].
Generation V are consisted with these following games:
  • Pokemon Black Version
  • Pokemon White Version
  • Pokemon Black Version 2
  • Pokemon White Version 2

And that requires multiple systems?

Kevan

Pokemon Team Analyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
Yes, That would require multiple systems as both games have to be being played at the same time to trade between the two.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
And that requires multiple systems?

If you are talking about migrating Pokemon from Generation IV games to Generation V.
The answer is yes, and it requires 2 Nintendo DS (and/or other redesigned game console like DSi, 3DS etc...works as well).
Note that the Generation V game should have completed the following:
  • Main story line (First credit roll)
  • Access to Unova's Route 15

Note for Generation IV game:
  • No Hold Items (items that were held will be send back to the bag automatically)
  • No Hidden Moves (Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Climb)
  • Eggs and Spiky-eared Pichu are banned from migrating.
  • Six Pokemon will be migrate at the same time, no more or less.

Artonkn

Sup.
Years
If you are talking about migrating Pokemon from Generation IV games to Generation V.
The answer is yes, and it requires 2 Nintendo DS (and/or other redesigned game console like DSi, 3DS etc...works as well).
Note that the Generation V game should have completed the following:
  • Main story line (First credit roll)
  • Access to Unova's Route 15

Note for Generation IV game:
  • No Hold Items (items that were held will be send back to the bag automatically)
  • No Hidden Moves (Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Rock Climb)
  • Eggs and Spiky-eared Pichu are banned from migrating.
  • Six Pokemon will be migrate at the same time, no more or less.

Assuming I have no other DS or Games (Only HG/SS and X/Y) the only way I can do this is trading my Gen IV to another persons, they move to there X/Y (through B/W) and trade to me? Seems like it'll be a hastle, but if it's the only way, then it'll have to be done, thanks for the info.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
I have a distinct feeling I'm going to regret the heck outta this...

There is soooo much in this area that I don't understand that I barely even know where to begin. I breed Pokemon 'cause it's fun for me, but I don't use *any* of the stuff that seems to be common around here... I rely on the IV Judge in Nimbasa (for Gen V) and at the Battle Tower place (HG/SS), 'cause I haven't gotten far enough into Platinum to unlock the IV Judge there... Mostly 'cause I keep getting distracted by my other games...

Could someone explain to be WHAT "RNG" is, anyway? I'm completely at a loss here and I don't even know if I have anything that anyone would be interesting in trading for...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I have a distinct feeling I'm going to regret the heck outta this...

There is soooo much in this area that I don't understand that I barely even know where to begin. I breed Pokemon 'cause it's fun for me, but I don't use *any* of the stuff that seems to be common around here... I rely on the IV Judge in Nimbasa (for Gen V) and at the Battle Tower place (HG/SS), 'cause I haven't gotten far enough into Platinum to unlock the IV Judge there... Mostly 'cause I keep getting distracted by my other games...

Could someone explain to be WHAT "RNG" is, anyway? I'm completely at a loss here and I don't even know if I have anything that anyone would be interesting in trading for...
RNG is short for Random Number Generator and is what is responsible for how everything in the game is generated. The RNG in Pokemon games can be manipulated so you can obtain the exact Pokemon you want. More info can be found here in this thread. As for what others want when trading, you can browse through the shops to get a feel for what others have and want. Hope this answers your questions. :)

Reactions: EB

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
We don't have a section specific for giveaways, but some threads are giving stuff out for free. You'll have to search a bit since I can't remember exactly which ones. (Me and my partner's shop is a good one hint hint)

tnfsf11

Well you did say shop, I was looking forward to (possibly farmed) Torchic with a Blazikenite for nothing in return kind of giveaway, or just the item is enough...
The reason I'll have nothing is that Y will be my first ever legit Pokémon game, so yeah I'll have nothing, maybe the box exclusive? :/

tabor62

Years
What are you saying, shop owners can't hold giveaways in their shops? And that hasn't really come out yet, but there might be someone who will give it away sometime in the future.

tnfsf11

Well of course you can make giveaways I was mostly JK ^_^ BTW can you link me to your shop?
And yeah I can only hope someone ever does that... I was willing to make a post/thread here from now to reserve that farmed Torchic. I did in Reddit, but the thread was removed because of a rule that was just made after my thread, which now states that asking for event pokes in giveaways is not permitted :P poor me.
How will I ever get that Torchic now later? ^~^

tnfsf11

Yeah thanks for that :), I meant a thread at Reddit (or a submission like some may call it)...
What I wanted was a Blazikenite, which is an event item, to put on a Torchic in Y, I'll just have to wait or else make a post there now to make sure i reserve one...

tabor62

Years
If you make a post now it'll be deleted before release because we can't trade in Gen VI yet and we regularly clean out old posts anyways (October is quite some time from now you know >.<)

tnfsf11

Okay :) would it be okay to make that post on the night of the 11th of October? Because as I said if someone is willing to give up his Blazikenite then I want to be the first to take it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back