• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Well great, I won't be there next month due to holidays. Finally we get a challenge event and I can't even do it :(

I was thinking about making a challenge where you play a different set of rules between each gym. For example:
Firstly, from the start up to gym 1, you would need to play by monotype rules.
Secondly, from gym 2 to gym 3, you would play nuzlocke rules.

This could of course be chosen by the player, or randomized.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like that idea. idk why, but it makes me think of a relay race or a triathlon, though with those it's only three events, but still. And aww that's a shame you won't be around. :( I'm gonna be busy a lot next month too, but the challenge ties in with next month so it's gonna be the only time it's acceptable to post. >.<

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
It's nice to see my Eliminationlocke and Wedlocke doing okay, it would be nice to see a few more sign ups though. I love adaptations of the Nuzlocke which gives the challenge a whole new level of difficulty and anyone who likes a challenge should definitely come check out the Eliminationlocke in particular :D

11wildy

Me!
Years
Oh well, I guess I won't post my challenge, as I have only 2 weeks before holiday >.<

And Sydian, I figured out that I'll be back halfway through the month, so if I'll hurry I might be able to do the event still! ;D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Adam, I like that your Nuzlockes aren't carbon copies of the original. I've been getting so many submissions of Nuzlocke variants that are barely different or could easily be incorporated into the one we already have. And it's just...ugh I swear that's almost all the challenges I've seen waiting on approval lately.

Wildy, I'm hoping you can join in! And I'm looking forward to you posting that challenge as well.

So what's everyone been doing for GT? I'm hosting my two events of course, but I also entered the Trade Corner raffle that I'm totally not gonna win cause I'm not doing any of the tasks lol...even though some of the tasks include getting badges in challenges. I also posted my entry for the singing contest. ^o^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I must be one of the only people who don't see the charm in doing nuzlockes. Maybe because while I do like doing challenges as something different games I don't really like to challenge myself. So seeing all these nuzlockes make me sad because that is less for me to choose from for challenges.

Also I wish I could post about my firered challenge but the challenge's thread here is set up in a way where I can't post in it.

I did almost nothing for the Get Together. Rarely do because of laziness but maybe one day I'll participate in more than one thing/do more than host.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's okay, Tara. I don't do Nuzlockes either. I like more gimmicky challenges where I use things I wouldn't normally take while not having to change my play style too drastically. Nuzlocke goes against how I play and while I know it's meant to be challenging and such, I just can't deal with the losing Pokemon thing. lol

And go post your entry, Liljz! You have till July 10th, I believe.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If there are any other nuzlockes I haven't really seen them, but yeah. I'm terrible with keeping my Pokemon alive when I normally play so a nuzlocke would be absolutely terrible. Plus the fact that half the time I hate grinding in my Pokemon games.

Gimmicky challenges are fun! Those are the ones I normally used to look at and go 'man I wish I could do this'. Luckily I don't really have that problem anymore since I decided to suck it up and use ROMs when I could.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have only used a ROM for a challenge once, and that was for the St. Patrick's Day even in 2011. It being the first event, I went nuts and decided to play Emerald and Gold. I played Gold on an emulator because a lot of green Pokemon I wanted had to be hacked in, so yeah. It was fun! Wish I could still play that file, but my PC has gone to crap unfortunately. And MacBook's don't have any good emulators. But other than that, I've done all my challenges on real cartridges. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yikes, I hope my parents aren't home tomorrow so I can record myself. I usually don't do singing videos... but I'll do it for PC ^-^'

And until now I did all of my challenges on real cartridges too. I don't like the idea of using roms =/
If I ever get second copies of Gen IV games and Gen V games, I'll do challenges on them. Because right now, I only have one cartrdige of Pokemon HG, Diamond & White. And I don't wanna erase all of my saved file since I invested so much time in them and my Pokemon. I just wouldn't feel comfortable deleting all the Pokemon I shared my time with.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I didn't like the idea of using ROMs either which is why I avoided using them. Because of that I remember having to miss out on the St. Patrick's event because I had no extra cartridges. I still don't other than FireRed (though I might restart my Ruby after transferring Pokemon onto SoulSilver. Not sure yet. Also my White has also become a restarting cartridge because meh Unova) but after playing the Valentines one on Crystal on the ROM on my phone I was more okay with it. Wish I could play HeartGold on my phone but oh well.

If I had the money though, I would buy extra cartridges as well as a Sinnoh game again (I lost both of mine what luck). But I'm poor and when I do have money the version I want heartgold likes to elude me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wanted to record when no one was home, but I had to suck it up and do it when they were. I don't think they heard...lol

And yeah, I have extra copies of games, usually two extras in each gen...embarrassing haha. I spend a lot of money on Pokemon. v_v

11wildy

Me!
Years
I've played on quite some roms, as they are a lot faster, which allows for more challenges to be done! As well as speeding up grinding, which is my main reason for it...

I will post my challenge when I get from holidays Syd, so I can actually keep track of people playing. Any good name for it?

Years
Everyone, keep your eyes peeled for the BINGO challenge starting this week (granted it's approved).

It's great for anyone, like me, who likes variety in their challenges, and would like to do some sort of ultimate challenge, but often lose interest in the second or third run.

In one challenge you may do a monotype and the next you might only be able to use pokemon that evolve via stones. I put together a good mixture of more conventional challenges and new ones to amp up the variety. There are literally millions of different permutations of how you can play through your unique bingo card!

Well, now that I am done advertising prematurely, in other news...not to pester you Sydian, but are you planning an event challenge anywhere in the near future? Cuz' they are always sure to entertain, and your last one was an April Fool's joke! You sorta' owe us for your "fishy" conduct :p

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Everyone, keep your eyes peeled for the BINGO challenge starting this week (granted it's approved).

It's great for anyone, like me, who likes variety in their challenges, and would like to do some sort of ultimate challenge, but often lose interest in the second or third run.

In one challenge you may do a monotype and the next you might only be able to use pokemon that evolve via stones. I put together a good mixture of more conventional challenges and new ones to amp up the variety. There are literally millions of different permutations of how you can play through your unique bingo card!

Well, now that I am done advertising prematurely, in other news...not to pester you Sydian, but are you planning an event challenge anywhere in the near future? Cuz' they are always sure to entertain, and your last one was an April Fool's joke! You sorta' owe us for your "fishy" conduct :p
Sounds intereseting! Do we get cookies for getting a BINGO?

Syd has said over the past few weeks that the next event will be next month in August I believe.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That April Fool's joke, LOL.

Use only fishes and nothing else, beat the Elite Four with a Magikarp and a Feebas.

lolnothankyou.jpg

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Ooh, sounds fun. I'm in! I'd have to finish my current challenges first before I would sign up, though >_< GT has taken a lot of time off my hands XD

Speaking of the GT, grats for winning in the drawing contest! I'm betting for that poodle, too. Great stuff. Love those pixel arts.

Anyway, onto another concern of mine: I was planning to make a program...
Spoiler:

so... I'm just wondering how many would be interested, and if it would even be acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back