• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
How on earth are you getting Ghost type out of Sylveon at all...?
If it were a new type, what type would it be? That's what I don't understand.

Well, for now it's all theories right, so why not Ghost? His eyes look pretty soulless to me, plus the word "sylph" can be translated into spirit. i was just throwing the possibility out there.
A lot of people seem to think a new type could be Magic/Fairy...but i have no clue

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I still have my money on Flying. Sylph translates to AIR nymph, so I'm interpreting that to mean Flying =P

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
People are still speculation over Sylveon's type? xD I guess it's kind of surprising, because I thought no one would really care about it anymore. @_@;

I still think that it's normal...but that's just me, after all~

Well, it's not like they've given us anything new to talk about (though I personally got bored of talking about it after a week or so).

Years
I still have my money on Flying. Sylph translates to AIR nymph, so I'm interpreting that to mean Flying =P

^ THIS.

I know just for sure it's gonna be a Flying-type. The name origin is just obvious once you look at it. But I'm still hoping for more X and Y news next month.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I've seen some people discussing the possibility of a new "Love" type. I don't know how that would actually work in terms of weaknesses and strengths tho..

I can see pokémon (Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Luvdisc) and moves for it, Return, Charm, Flatter, Swagger, etc, but that's pretty much it.

Seems a long stretch

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I honestly don't see a "Love" type happening...it just wouldn't fit to the other types we already have, since they are all element-based.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Alright, time for you to go somewhere else my friend. Until we meet again.

tumblr_mhk3tyXIkY1rvaggno2_400.gif

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Into GE you go.

Speaking of Entertainment, one of my favorite bands My Chemical Romance , has announced they were breaking up after 12 years together. http://www.mychemicalromance.com/blog/mcr/my-chemical-romance

It's really devastating to me and alot of my friends. No one here knows it, but I have a second family of MCR fan that I through their Facebook page. They're a huge fan community who talks constantly about random things that happen throughout the day. They're feelings and such and anything really. It's such a close bunch of friends that the news struck them and me really hard. I'm so thankful for the family they've gave me. :')

Guy

just a guy
Years
I heard about their break up on twitter this morning. After twelve years together, that must not have been easy for them or their fans. I wouldn't call myself a huge MCR fan, but I've liked a lot of their songs, most noticeably "Welcome to the Black Parade" and "Sing". Those songs bring back high school memories for me.

Years
I heard about their break up on twitter this morning. After twelve years together, that must not have been easy for them or their fans. I wouldn't call myself a huge MCR fan, but I've liked a lot of their songs, most noticeably "Welcome to the Black Parade" and "Sing". Those songs bring back high school memories for me.

I heard about the breakup via AWsquared's blog, but yeah they were great.

I was never a fan of their music but they will be sadly missed from the music scene, and thanks Aaron for making this a good topic upon the thread's move into General Entertainment.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
What! I hadn't heard of their breakup. That seriously puts a damper on a good morning. :( Wow, now I have to go listen to a bunch of their songs while reading all about why they broke up. waah

Melody

Banned
Years
Such a shame. The band was pretty good. They will be missed. I wasn't a specific fan of My Chemical Romance, but they did put out some pretty damn good songs even if I didn't find myself an avid follower.

Years
I'm just now hearing about this band once they've broken up? Ah, well, there's always the potential for the band reforming. Happens all the time.

Treecko

Years
I'm just now hearing about this band once they've broken up? Ah, well, there's always the potential for the band reforming. Happens all the time.

Yeah there's always that. The Misfits broke up after 6 years of forming and reformed in 1995.
Black Flag broke up after 10 years of forming and reformed in 2005 and 2013. (According to a friend of mine, I'm thinking this is right.) Fall Out Boy went on hiatus and 3 years later they're now back and looking forward to releasing a new record, a new single out now with music video along it, and new tour. They were planning to release their 5th album sometime soon so it's a surprise to me that they would call it quits suddenly in the middle of making an album. There's speculation that it could be publicity stunt for the new album. Lindsey Way, the wife of their frontman, Gerard Way, tweeted this on her Twitter today:
Spoiler:
It kind of does make me think something's going on.

They've always did things like that to bring up speculation for new albums and make fans go nuts. Like just a few more before their last album, Danger Days , was announced an odd TV thing showed up on their website with weird "transmission" things. The band then posted a teaser trailer for the album on their official YouTube account, entitled "Art Is the Weapon". Though I strongly doubt it's a publicity stunt, I really would hope. It's definitely a possibly they could come back and finish their 5th album cause that seems more likely than a publicity stunt to announced their next album. Though it's still strange how they had 6 songs recorded for a new album and then suddenly break up.Also odd how short their goodbye/break up blog was. Only a paragraph and no real explanation of what happened (check the blog I posted earlier if you haven't. ) I'm just saddened they're pretty much done for forever. Though I'm hopeful there's a chance they'll be back, they had good chemistry. They're just been some drama with the band and rumors going around about them , but they didn't say if that's why they were breaking up. Still hopeful they will reunite someday. Maybe in 3 year , maybe in 10. Who knows just gonna wait to see what happens with them. :)

Edit: Gerard Way (the band's frontman) just wrote this tweet a few hours ago. It pretty much sums up everything and say a final goodbye. And it's so beautiful. So comforting to . To me and any fan.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjdh4f

Last edited:
Years
I'd guess the explanation of the breakup is short because you'd just get a lot of conflicting reasons and maybe some blame and insults thrown about if it's a particularly bad breakup. You know, for the sake of making peace, and to keep their fans from hating them, they agree to say only "We're breaking up. Love ya, fans."

Treecko

Years
Well, if you no one noticed my edit in my last post, Gerard Way the band's frontman, made a much more lengthy and beautifully written explanation/ last goodbye on Twitter yesterday.I'll post it again in case anyone wants to read it.
Again it's VERY long so I'll spoiler tag it:
Spoiler:

Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjdh4f
While it really is more of a "goodbye" letter ,it really does clear things up more and gives fan more closure than their blog. Though I get how something short would be easier and cause less drama. Of course fans of the said band breaking up will still be devastated especially if that's their favorite band.

Back