• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hollow Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
biho84nl6h4ubtafg.jpg

Just a short message: This game was designed to be challenging. I did get into competitive battling in the 5th generation and as such I began to find Pokemon games easy. This game was by no way designed to be for Nuzlocke challenges. However, this does not mean that you can't attempt to do so.

The game does include Pokemon from the first 5 generations. Please note that the fairy type does not exist in this game. Unlike other rom hacks no 4th or 5th generation moves have been added to the game nor has the Physical Special split. This will potentially give a feel for what Pokemon would be like now without the Physical-Special split.

If at any point you wish to know anything about the game, the documents provided within the zip file should be able to answer them. Also be aware that there are 5 fakemon which will appear across the coarse of your journey, all of which resemble commonly seen Pokemon. 5 of these can be obtained later on if you wish to use them. Aside from the fakemon only one Pokemon has had stat alterations; Spinda. It has been buffed to have base stats of;
85HP 85Atk 85Def 85Spa 85Spd 60Spe.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please check the unique features in the spoiler below since they will affect the way in which the game is played from the original Pokemon games.
UNIQUE FEATURES:
Spoiler:

BUGS:
There are 5 glitches that have been found. These glitches are completely harmless and should just be ignored. The game will not freeze or break because of these glitches.
Spoiler:

STORY:
Spoiler:

LINK to Game:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n39nbafdvtijet7/Pokemon+Hollow+Mysteries.zip

LINK to Pokemon Locations:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/qtd68ap80xuy6o3/Where's%20that%20Pokemon%20(Hollow%20Mysteries).Freddy%20Fishfinger.txt

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
It's amazing how you are working on your own sprites and such! I haven't even started adding that to my own rom yet!

That being said, you need to work on all your sprites some more. They look a little messy and sloppy (just my opinion) and I think you need to slow down and take more time when you are working on them.

Good luck with your ROM though!

Years
Thanks guys for some good comments.

And just to clarify a couple of things;
That is the titlescreen and that is how I wanted it to look. I understand that it is a bit if not very unusual and seems like it's not right, that is what I was aiming for.
As for the overworld sprites, they aren't perfect and I may fix them up later but at the moment, I think that they are passable.

If you notice any pokemon icons that are glitching or whatever you want to call it that are from the 4th and 5th generation. I am aware of this and although am not sure why it has happened I am trying to fix it up by the next Beta.

Cheers

Years
Just a quick update message to say that the latest version has now been added under the download link. The Heros are now able to journey up to and beyond the 5th gym which should add 3 badges to their badge case.

Enjoy

Years
Gengar is indeed in this hack.

Also I have already used some of the new sprites for some of the old Pokemon because they look better. Pokemon that have had a new sprite add are;

Gengar,Kingdra,Scizor,Machamp,Moltras,Articuno,Zapdos,Charmleon,Blastoise, Butterfree, Altaria, Bayleef, Claydol, Crobat, Cradilly, Duscull, Eevee, Electabuzz, Golbat, Espeon, Golem, Jynx, Kabutops, Kadabra, Macargo, Milotic, Murkrow, Ninetales, Pikachu, Raichu, Sandslash, Sealeo, Slowpoke, Snorlax, Slowking, Spheal, Spinda, Tauros, Torchic, Trapinch & Blaziken

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Gengar is indeed in this hack.

Also I have already used some of the new sprites for some of the old Pokemon because they look better. Pokemon that have had a new sprite add are;

Gengar,Kingdra,Scizor,Machamp,Moltras,Articuno,Zapdos,Charmleon,Blastoise, Butterfree, Altaria, Bayleef, Claydol, Crobat, Cradilly, Duscull, Eevee, Electabuzz, Golbat, Espeon, Golem, Jynx, Kabutops, Kadabra, Macargo, Milotic, Murkrow, Ninetales, Pikachu, Raichu, Sandslash, Sealeo, Slowpoke, Snorlax, Slowking, Spheal, Spinda, Tauros, Torchic, Trapinch & Blaziken
Can you use Feraligatr's new sprites as well? I think they look better than its old sprites.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
Nice looking hack dude, I am still trying to post mine -_-...... But really, how do you edit the title screen?

Years
Can you use Feraligatr's new sprites as well? I think they look better than its old sprites.
Feraligatr's sprite in Firered was actually the reason why I edited some of the old sprites. Because I agree with you, it looked bad. So Feraligatr has been changed. I'm not sure if these changes have been seen in the Beta that I have available for you now, but they will be there fore the next version.

"Nice looking hack dude, I am still trying to post mine ...... But really, how do you edit the title screen?"
"Nice looking hack dude, I am still trying to post mine ...... But really, how do you edit the title screen?"
I looked up youtube videos where there was a series on Pokemon Hacking. The one that I used to change the titlescreen was a series called "Hack with me" if you type that in the search box and maybe follow it with Pokemon it should come up

Last edited:
Years
This is just a message to let everybody know that Pokemon Hollow Mysteries is now finished! That's right, despite this game being a one-man effort, I have invested the time into making this game what is it, and have finished it off. I hope everyone enjoys.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Whoa, it's finish? seriously?
Can you show us some screenshot of the finished game?
I wanna know if you're really sure of releasing it.

Years
I've added a couple of screenshots of the Elite 4. Keep in mind that I did keep the original tiles that were in the game, all I have done is recoloured or edited some of them to suit the game.

Years
This hack has a lot of glitch kindly fix those issues and from my point of view this hack is not completed.

I'll do a speed play-through to see where these glitches are. Also, when you say that this hack is not complete, are you just referring to the fact that these glitches make the hack seem incomplete or is there something in you opinion that you think is unfinished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back