• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Defeat the Elite Four & Champion with 1 Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Wow... that's amazing, haha. May I ask, what was your Pidgey moves? That's very, very impressive.
Also, as I said, only the 2nd time counts. So Shinx will not be entered, sorry. But still, your Pidgey feat is rather amazing :O
Congragulations!

Haha! I appreciate the compliment, but it really isn't all that amazing compared to what others have accomplished during solo runs. As for your question, it was quite a while ago but I'm pretty sure Pidgey's moves were as follows:

- Air Slash
- Double Team
- Featherdance
- U-turn

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The reason that hacked Pokemon aren't allowed is because the Elite Four doesn't have access to Pokemon from other regions and areas. They are designed to battle the Pokemon of that region. Hacking is something the developers put in the games for a reason.
I care because I want everyone to be on equal grounds. People who can hack in Pokemon have an advantage.
It's understandable the people may only have access to emulators. That's one reason why it's allowed (just not preffered). But one doesn't need to have a certain Pokemon to do it with, when that region has another 100 Pokemon available. I prefer for this challenge to be as close to the official games as we can. You don't need a Rayquaza on your FireRed to beat the Elite 4. There are plenty of other, legal, non-hacking options.
I'm really not trying to be strict. As I said earlier, I hate being the bad guy. Honostly, it sucks- for them as well as me. I suppose the developers were strict when they made these games as well, not allowing people access to all Pokemon. But, because of Public request, I'll make changes

I understand that, but as long as a Pokemon isn't hacked in with insane stats, invalid abilities, etc I don't see the need to be that strict on it. I'm not a fan of hacking either, and I have only done one challenge on an emulator, and I've done countless challenges total. But I give emulator players some lee way, as do regular players. I usually allow trading eggs or Pokemon between games, but only at acceptable levels for the current part of the game, and the same applies to emulator players that need to hack something in. Like I said before, this is an end game thing already, so I could understand being more strict if it was a full playthrough, but it's not.

As for your rule change, you didn't really change it much. You just lifted the speed rule slightly, saying it's not recommended. That doesn't really cut it for me.

For now though, I'll allow this to stay. If anyone reading this wants to enter this challenge, just...refrain from using things you can't normally get in your game, I suppose. If I get more complaints about this thread though, or if I see it get derailed, I'll have to lock it. I don't even know why I'm being so generous not locking it now, honestly.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2023

You're being highly elitist by saying that you prefer the physical games because they're the 'original'. In fact, the only way it could be the 'original' is if you were the first person to ever test out the beta of the pokemon games themselves.
Also, the elite four aren't meant to just challenge the pokemon of their region. They're supposed to be the creme of the crop, therefore able to take on almost anything. And it's not like Squirtle is hugely different than totodile anyways. I understand that you're allowing them now, which is better, but a seperate section is a bit ridiculous. If you're trying to compile a dex of every pokemon being used to beat the elite four, you'll never be able to do it without allowing hacked in pokemon, because honestly who's going to perfectly IV breed and EV train a dunsparce and then attempt to make a set that can overtake the Elite four on a pokemon that has almost nothing going for it, and will have no further use after the completion of this challenge?

Years
Haha! I appreciate the compliment, but it really isn't all that amazing compared to what others have accomplished during solo runs. As for your question, it was quite a while ago but I'm pretty sure Pidgey's moves were as follows:

- Air Slash
- Double Team
- Featherdance
- U-turn
Huh, nice. Anyway, as my 2nd question was, did it level up during the encounter? I'd like to be 100% accurate :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand that, but as long as a Pokemon isn't hacked in with insane stats, invalid abilities, etc I don't see the need to be that strict on it. I'm not a fan of hacking either, and I have only done one challenge on an emulator, and I've done countless challenges total. But I give emulator players some lee way, as do regular players. I usually allow trading eggs or Pokemon between games, but only at acceptable levels for the current part of the game, and the same applies to emulator players that need to hack something in. Like I said before, this is an end game thing already, so I could understand being more strict if it was a full playthrough, but it's not.

As for your rule change, you didn't really change it much. You just lifted the speed rule slightly, saying it's not recommended. That doesn't really cut it for me.

For now though, I'll allow this to stay. If anyone reading this wants to enter this challenge, just...refrain from using things you can't normally get in your game, I suppose. If I get more complaints about this thread though, or if I see it get derailed, I'll have to lock it. I don't even know why I'm being so generous not locking it now, honestly.
Because you're a nice person :D
But, as I said, if you wish, I'll open up another part for hacked-in Pokemon, especially if it means this thread will close otherwise. Just say the word.
----------
You're being highly elitist by saying that you prefer the physical games because they're the 'original'. In fact, the only way it could be the 'original' is if you were the first person to ever test out the beta of the pokemon games themselves.
Also, the elite four aren't meant to just challenge the pokemon of their region. They're supposed to be the creme of the crop, therefore able to take on almost anything. And it's not like Squirtle is hugely different than totodile anyways. I understand that you're allowing them now, which is better, but a seperate section is a bit ridiculous. If you're trying to compile a dex of every pokemon being used to beat the elite four, you'll never be able to do it without allowing hacked in pokemon, because honestly who's going to perfectly IV breed and EV train a dunsparce and then attempt to make a set that can overtake the Elite four on a pokemon that has almost nothing going for it, and will have no further use after the completion of this challenge?
By "original", I mean the exact same as the game itself. That's one reason why emulators are allowed. What isn't allowed is hacking.
ALright then. Let's get the Elite Four of Gen. I, and have them play someone who has access to all Pokemon, Gen. I-V. The latter will have a huge advantage, due to having a much larger pool of available Pokemon.
And of course we can do it. There are plenty of Pokemon outside of Shedninja, Smeargle, and other not-so-good Pokemon. But that's PART of the challenge! To see who can do it with Arceus, and who can do it with Ditto. Once we get every region completed with every legitly-obtained Pokemon, then we can talk. But for now, there's plenty to do. I myself am training a chosen 35 (5 others as well, I just don't think their moves will be good enough to win). This is a challenge, it's not suppposed to be easy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*back to Elite 4 solo talk*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Ok this was actually when I was 7-8 years old, but I'll fill it out anyway. xD Not sure if it counts.

-Mockingjay & Jessi
-Swampert
-Hoenn
-Once in Ruby, then moved the Swampert over to Sapphire.
-96, then 100.
-Items were definitely used.

Well, here's my story. Pokemon was all I cared about. I spent hours training my Swampert and my Swampert only because I loved him more than any other Pokemon. I decided to try against the Elite Four, but my other Pokemon were way below. I ended up storing them in the PC and just using Swampert. I tried to beat the Elite Four for around a week; I'd get angry and cry every time I lost, lol. I eventually did it, though!

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
*watched*
As for hacking: "A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data." That's why. If someone is allowed to hack Pokemon into the game, then why don't we go on and hack different Pokemon into the Elite Four? They should too get other Generations. In fact, let's just re-hack everything! Different types for the Elite Four and Gyms! Re-do all the trainers! New citys anyone? (Note: this was obviously exaggerated.)
If you open the door to hacking, how is it fair that you, me, or anyone else gets to decide how far. If you can hack Pokemon, then why not TMs? Or trainers? Or items?

Sorry that I'm late to the party, just had a bit of input. In response to this: most challenges have a rule that says something along the lines of "you may hack in a low leveled Pokemon to start the game with." or something along those lines. A lot of people think along the lines of "Ponyta is my favorite Pokemon, I wonder what the game would be like if I started with one?" People, myself included, do not hack other Pokemon into the Elite Four, nor do they redo trainers, and put in cities.

As for hacking in newer generations of Pokemon, in my 2+ years at Pokecommunity, and probably about 1,250 posts in the challenge forum, I have yet to see someone hack in a newer generation of Pokemon into an older game for a challenge. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm saying that nobody has ever done that, and personally I doubt they would. You're right when you say that there are plenty of Pokemon in the current generation. However, I, for example, did nothing wrong in putting a Snorlax in early in the game. He is a Snorlax. Putting in a code to get a Snorlax early in the game does not change Pokemon to look and behave like a Snorlax, it simply changes the data to say "yes, there are Snorlaxes found on this route and they are found 100% of the time in the wild.

Yes, what we are doing is hacking. However, for the purpose of this challenge, the hacking that we are doing should not be considered wrong. And this is the only hacking that people ever do for challenges. If this challenge was a speed run or something, then putting in low level Pokemon of your choice should and would be illegal. However, all that should matter in your challenge is that the trainer obtained a Sandslash, regardless of where, and he trained it completely legally, and taught it completely legal moves. This Sandslash grew strong enough to defeat the Elite Four by itself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Since I'm nearly done with my Emerald game I'll finish the elite 4, train, then do the elite 4 again after training. I'll post screen shots when I'm finished.

Years
OK, added a hacked section for you guys :)
I realize it's not fully informed, I need to re-watch those videos. I'll also get to your Starmie run, myrrhman. And yes, I did change "not allowed" to "not preffered" for speed enhancers :)

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Whew, I really like what you're doing here. I'll probably enter every solo run I complete (if I remember to defeat the Elite Four twice and such), but aside from the Pokémons able to be obtained before the first gyms in every game they will all be hacked, so I'm kinda glad you added the hacked section. (The hacked Pokémon are all level 3-5 when caught and no other cheats are used (not even rare candies to level them up :)) I am obviously using an emulator 'cause I sadly have no other way to play them otherwise.

Username: Buzz Buzz / Han
Pokémon: Golduck, Hacked
Region: Hoenn
Game: Ruby
Level: 72
Items: Used

I added some pictures of the Elite Four and Champion.

I'm fairly sure everything was done legit (despite the Pokémon used of course :)), but if there's something wrong with it tell me.

Years
Whew, I really like what you're doing here. I'll probably enter every solo run I complete (if I remember to defeat the Elite Four twice and such), but aside from the Pokémons able to be obtained before the first gyms in every game they will all be hacked, so I'm kinda glad you added the hacked section. (The hacked Pokémon are all level 3-5 when caught and no other cheats are used (not even rare candies to level them up :)) I am obviously using an emulator 'cause I sadly have no other way to play them otherwise.

Username: Buzz Buzz / Han
Pokémon: Golduck, Hacked
Region: Hoenn
Game: Ruby
Level: 72
Items: Used

I added some pictures of the Elite Four and Champion.

I'm fairly sure everything was done legit (despite the Pokémon used of course :)), but if there's something wrong with it tell me.
No, your perfectly fine. Your now registered, though in the hacked section of course.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
This seems like a fun challenge and all, but shouldn't there be a Level Cap? As anyone can go blazing through the Elite Four with a Level 100.

In my honest opinion, Pokemon that are higher than the Champion's strongest Pokemon can not enter the challenge. That way, this can still be pretty difficult.

Either way, I guess I'll do this on Black. I'm not sure which to use though, I'll probably end up using a plethora of Pokemon (one at a time).

Do we have to post videos or is a log fine?

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
This seems like a fun challenge and all, but shouldn't there be a Level Cap? As anyone can go blazing through the Elite Four with a Level 100.

In my honest opinion, Pokemon that are higher than the Champion's strongest Pokemon can not enter the challenge. That way, this can still be pretty difficult.

Is there a level cap for the solo challenge? No, and this is essentially a harder version of the end of the solo challenge because you can't switch to revive. Also, its not supposed to be hard in the sense of 'no pokemon can have an easy time beating the elite four by itself' its supposed to be hard in the sense of 'not all pokemon can beat the elite four by itself easily'. Such as Pidgey, Magikarp, etc.

Edit: Jobrjo, I looked at the front page and my Snorlax was level 75-77 for this challenge. And my name was BLACK.

Last edited:
Years

Either way, I guess I'll do this on Black. I'm not sure which to use though, I'll probably end up using a plethora of Pokemon (one at a time).

Do we have to post videos or is a log fine?
That's the thing. So if someone completes it with a level 100 Raticate, you can rty to do it with a level 93. Or 87. Or however low you can go. That's part of the challenge.
But if it's that easy, go on; beat it with a level 100 Shedinja. Some Pokemon can do it easier than others.

Is there a level cap for the solo challenge? No, and this is essentially a harder version of the end of the solo challenge because you can't switch to revive. Also, its not supposed to be hard in the sense of 'no pokemon can have an easy time beating the elite four by itself' its supposed to be hard in the sense of 'not all pokemon can beat the elite four by itself easily'. Such as Pidgey, Magikarp, etc.

Edit: Jobrjo, I looked at the front page and my Snorlax was level 75-77 for this challenge. And my name was BLACK.
Yes, this as well. Thanks :)
P.S. Got ya. And later today when I can I'll re-watch The Opera Ghost's and enter his as well.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Bewbs/Whoopi
Eelektross
Unova
Black
88-97
Legit
Items were used.
Held Leftovers
~ Thunderbolt
~ Crunch
~ Acrobatics
~ Double Team

On the first time with Eelektross I nearly made it to the Hall Of Fame, but got defeated by Alder at the final hurdle. Managed to defeat Alder again by changing my moveset for eelektross.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
And bewbs did it again! But just to make sure, your Eelektross leveled up... 11 TIMES!!! Is this right or a typo?
Bad typo on my part.

On the first time , I stared at level 88, and when I lost to Alder the first time Eelektross was at level 92. Second try was when I defeated Alder it went to level 97. It's one I got from a trade. :)

Last edited:
Years
Bad typo on my part.

On the first time , I stared at level 88, and when I lost to Alder the first time Eelektross was at level 92. Second try was when I defeated Alder it went to level 97. It's one I got from a trade. :)
Alright, registered! :) If I got anything wrong, please say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back