• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Noooo, but Sydian is the best mod. ever created D:

Why couldn't Erik mod D/P/Pt, don't you have a say in this? I mean, I assume that your happy modering here, so why can't you continue doing what you love?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I think Syd requested someone else to take over because of how many threads keep getting made over and over with challenge ideas when people clearly didn't read the rules for making chalenges or something. Syd made the rules thing as sort of a last resort thing, and it didn't really work. I think Eric might have more patience, maybe? Idk.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh Lord, I can't wait til I get GPGD back...nothing has happened in DPPt! Except I double posted. That's one good thing about not modding Challenges is that I don't double post in this thread...:) But I also can't lol at any unapproved challenges, and that's sad...Erik can though.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I never really visited D/P/Pt at all, except for that one time I wrote a guide for it, and it wasn't even for the games. Well it was, but I didn't even create the thread in said forum area. :/

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Well, I think I'll be finally posting that Offensive/Defensive Swap challenge, as well as doing some challenges. :D Like some solos.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
How about some N challenge?

-You must liberate your Pokemon after every gym badge.
-After doing so you must capture, 6 new party members, those members must be used to beat the next gym
-If any of your Pokemon faint it is dead, and must be liberated.
-No re-battling trainers, unless the story requires it.
-No fighting wild pokemon, they are your friends.
-You must catch the legendary pokemon of the game, and challenge the elite four with it. It cannot die, and it must be in your party at all times. Kanto = Mewtwo if your were wondering....

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
How about some N challenge?

-You must liberate your Pokemon every gym badge.
-After doing so you must capture, 6 new party members, those must members must be used to beat the next gym
-If any of your Pokemon faint it is dead, and must be liberated.
-No re-battling trainers, unless the story requires it.
-No fighting wild pokemon, they are your friends.
-You must catch the legendary pokemon of the game, and challenge the elite four with it. It cannot die, and it must be in your party at all times. Kanto = Mewtwo if your were wondering....

Sounds pretty difficult. One thing though, you can't get Mewtwo until after the E4. Unless you meant the challenge in Kanto games ends with defeating the E4 a second time?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I dunno about that N challenge. It seems awfully familiar with that City to City challenge if you ask me. Or at least, the same thing, except it seems like you have more freedom in the Pokemon you can use at least. :o

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Yes exactly, you would have to re-fight the Elite Four, or I can make the Legendary Pokemon be Articuno, Zapdos or Moltes, and you would have to use one of them.

@Alt: It is the City to City challenge fused with the Nuzlocke challenge. But with more difficulty like no grinding (because you can't fight Wild Pokemon nor re-battle trainers) and after you liberate the Pokemon, you must capture 6 more team members, and some how use them in battle, without training them before hand. That sounds pretty difficult, even more so in B/W since that Level Jump after the E4 and you must catch 6 more members, plus the chance of dying.

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I get the idea, except the "If a pokemon faints, its dead" with i don't see fitting N (I beat the E4 for the 1. time today, and he doesn't strike me as a person who would release a pokemon because it loses a battle)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I get the idea, except the "If a pokemon faints, its dead" with i don't see fitting N (I beat the E4 for the 1. time today, and he doesn't strike me as a person who would release a pokemon because it loses a battle)
Well, N uses completely different teams each time you fight him (except for Klink -> Klinklang), so that might actually fit. So switching the teams after each gym is good, and the releasing when fainting is more of a standard rule for this kind of challenge I think, although I see your point. Maybe N would see it as if it faints, it wants to be free?

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Well, N uses completely different teams each time you fight him (except for Klink -> Klinklang), so that might actually fit. So switching the teams after each gym is good, and the releasing when fainting is more of a standard rule for this kind of challenge I think, although I see your point. Maybe N would see it as if it faints, it wants to be free?

Exactly, N is't the person to see a Pokemon suffer, so he releases it.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Oh, well, you've got a good argument there, fine with me too now.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Since my last idea wasn't kinda approved, I came up with another idea, same hardness, and maybe a bit more annoying, but you can have POWERFUL Pokèmon for your games, if you're used to play challenges on originals :D

The EVs challenge.

1. Every member of your team MUST have at least a stat (the one you prefer) at Max EVs.
2. You can have every Pokèmon you want, not Legendaries.
3. You can hack if you need, but in the 1st Route.
4. You can also hack the Power items.
5. Breeding and Egg Moves are allowed.

What do you think?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
EVing for a challenge sounds like...not really a challenge. That'd be like just normal EV training, but with a few restrictions.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
After Finally getting back to my UMC Normal, I defeated Red with a team of Level 55s. That Snorlax was a pain the kiester. But I finally got lucky with Dynamic Punch.

I kinda like the sound of the N challenge, but maybe take out the no fighting wild pokemon rule. That would just make it a bit too challenging.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I personally like the idea of challenges having optional rules. The 'No Wild Battles' rule for the N challenge would make a great optional rule.

And I agree with Syd... EV challenge sounds almost.. easier than normal? Because you would focus on EV training Pokemon in stats that they would be better with.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I recently started a nuzlocke challenge. Its going to be in comic form. And its going to be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back