• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Songs you're annoyed with/sick of

Guest123_x1

We all have our songs that annoy us, consider to be earworms, or are just plain sick of - sometimes to the point where the moment we start hearing said song(s), off goes the radio, the CD is ejected, the track is skipped, or the station is changed.

What songs do you consider to be annoying, "earwormy", or are so sick of hearing? To keep within forum rules, explain why as to your choice(s).

Mine are:
  • "Where the Blacktop Ends" by Keith Urban - So repetitive, do I need to say more?
  • "American Pie" by Don McLean - Yes, I know this song refers to the 1959 plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper, but this one drags on and on for what seems like forever.
  • Anything by Justin Bieber, Beyonce, and Lady Gaga - yes I know certain people love these artists so much, but I never will get what's so great about them.

Years
Human - Rag N Bone Man

Yes it's a good song, but it's being really overplayed on the radio recently and tbh, I'm kinda tired of it.

pkmin3033

All the pop songs that came out after 1999 that they play on the radio all the time on an endless loop that makes me wonder why I'm still alive at this point.

Years
Virtually anything by Meghan Meghans, except Like I'm Gonna Lose You with John Legend. That one was acceptable.

Enough said.

Years
Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop the Feeling. Ugh.

Doesn't help he voiced a major character in the DreamWorks movie Trolls, which caused the song to be promoted even more, let alone be the closing number in said movie.

Speaking of popstars named Justin, I can't stand anything from Justin Bieber. I hate how he's a bad role model and his voice has been nothing but horrible to my ears. Thank his recent refusal to take a photo with Australian fans (he has been touring here recently) for making me hate his music even more.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Shape of You - Ed Sheeran

Its literally on every night out I go on, as well as in most shops. I don't necessarily hate it on its own merits as much as for its ubiquity. Same goes for pretty much anything Adele has done - I don't necessarily dislike some of them (although Hello is absolutely terrible, don't get why everyone loved it so much). I'm only just finally being able to like The Weeknd again as well because he was so overplayed at all the house parties I went to last year.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
if you play one dance or anything off views for that matter around me i will leave the premesis

Years
I don't get why so many people like Bieber either.

That reminds me, my mother doesn't understand why so many people like Adele either. Her recent Australian tour had been nothing but breaking crowd records for concerts in the country, and her tour was even talked about on the daily news bulletins.

Granted, I know she's one of the highest-selling artists of all time, but you do have to admit her music isn't entirely perfect. I bet some even listen to her solely because of her vocal range.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
All the pop songs that came out after 1999 that they play on the radio all the time on an endless loop that makes me wonder why I'm still alive at this point.

Same. Modern pop is absolute trash. I get bored as hell listening to it and the lyrics get dumber and dumber. The only pop I enjoy is Panic! At the Disco. And even then, I prefer other genres.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024

Same. Modern pop is absolute trash. I get bored as hell listening to it and the lyrics get dumber and dumber. The only pop I enjoy is Panic! At the Disco. And even then, I prefer other genres.

Such needless cynicism really must be hard to carry around for years on end! Live a little, have fun! Enjoy the tunes and don't take yourselves so seriously! The high horse needs to rest in her stable for a while!

Back