• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Yeah but you're in the wrong section of the INI you need to go to the one that says 0000 for the numbers of fire red or 0002 though and make sure you change the amount of species to 1020 and do the palette and icon table but you dont need to copy and paste everything just the offsets

Assuming the offsets are the 0x######.
I'm at the one that says 0000, but the offsets between the two are still the exact same.
Is this normal?

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Then it must be a different part of the INI can you Show me pictures of the entire INI if possible so I can tell which section it is since I don't remember off the top of my head

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Then it must be a different part of the INI can you Show me pictures of the entire INI if possible so I can tell which section it is since I don't remember off the top of my head

PokeRoms.ini (FR 0000)
Spoiler:

PokeRoms.ini (FR BPRE)
Spoiler:

PokeRoms.ini (Full)
Spoiler:

Cuprite.ini (AKA FireRed (U).ini)
Spoiler:

They're in spoiler tags so they don't fill up the whole page.

Also, since I'm thinking about it, if I end up being able to make this Rom Hack, I have permission to use this base as long as I give credit, right?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
PokeRoms.ini (FR 0000)
Spoiler:

PokeRoms.ini (FR BPRE)
Spoiler:

PokeRoms.ini (Full)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They're in spoiler tags so they don't fill up the whole page.

Also, since I'm thinking about it, if I end up being able to make this Rom Hack, I have permission to use this base as long as I give credit, right?

Yeah anyone can use it as long as they give credits and can you tell me what version of the base you're using? If I still can't find out on your end I'll get on ten computer tommorow and give you my INI

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Yeah anyone can use it as long as they give credits and can you tell me what version of the base you're using? If I still can't find out on your end I'll get on ten computer tommorow and give you my INI

Beta 1.1 of the 1020 base.
That was the latest version in the spoiler tag under 1020 downloads.

Last edited:

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Spoiler:

I just realized the TotalSpecies number in Cuprite.ini says "4404" rather than "440."
I may have accidentally put an extra "4" there when pasting the text, because it's not there in the .ini file.
Oops.

Last edited:

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
(Impatiently waits...) I'm too dumb to understand all of dis by mah self!
I think I'm setting my goals too high, but I don't care! I refuse to let this become nothing more than an old idea in the back of my head!
I want to try and make something great (Great is probably an overstatement, but you get my point). Something that people can enjoy.
Once I get this project started, you better believe I'm gonna put my heart and soul into it!

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay then here's what I want you to do I want you to open up the rom in a hex editor and go to the offset FFFFFF and show me a picture of what you get

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Okay then here's what I want you to do I want you to open up the rom in a hex editor and go to the offset FFFFFF and show me a picture of what you get

I was just looking for a hex editor. Is GoldFinger a good one or would you recommend something else?
Just want to make sure I'm using something that's not trash.
:P

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
you open your fire red rom then you go into the search tab and click on the last option then put FFFFFF

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
you open your fire red rom then you go into the search tab and click on the last option then put FFFFFF

Like this?
(Deleted last reply because I almost forgot to censor the file name. O_O)
(Not sure if It was necessary or not, but I don't want to risk anything.)

Attachments

• FFFFFF HxD 1.png
    FFFFFF HxD 1.png
    26 KB · Views: 11
  • FFFFFF HxD 2.png
    FFFFFF HxD 2.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 8
  • FFFFFF HxD 3.png
    FFFFFF HxD 3.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 8

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Yes this is correct now what I need you to do make a backup of the rom and the G3HS INI before you do this just to be safe and after you did that I want you to change FF FC to either 00 00 or 00 02 and after you do that save and test it out on G3HS if you get an error when trying to open it and it gives you a recovery option make sure to put these in

Number of Pokémon - 1020
Number of items - don't touch unless you expanded items
Number of types - 24
Number of abilities - 256

And tell me if that works in G3HS for you. You will see why I'm doing this soon if this all works out for you

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
...after you do that save and test it out on G3HS if you get an error when trying to open it and it gives you a recovery option make sure to put these in

Number of Pokémon - 1020
Number of items - don't touch unless you expanded items
Number of types - 24
Number of abilities - 256

1) Still only shows up to Chimecho.
2) I had this error pop up when I clicked on Bulbasaur. Do I still put the numbers in anyway? If so, do I also put in a new number for moves, too?

Attachments

• G3HS Error.png
    G3HS Error.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 7

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Hmm... okay then actually go back to the 1020 base winrar download there should be a pokeroms.ini test that and see if you can see all the Pokémon with G3HS

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Spoiler:

Put what's in the spoiler in the 0001 section in the pokeroms.ini and go into HxD and go to FFFFFF and change FF FC to 00 01 and see if G3HS loads up correctly

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Spoiler:

Put what's in the spoiler in the 0001 section in the pokeroms.ini and go into HxD and go to FFFFFF and change FF FC to 00 01 and see if G3HS loads up correctly

I changes the FF FC line in Cuprite to 00 01 and added the [0001] section to the G3HS PokeRoms.ini. When I went to test it out, I got this error.

Attachments

• FFFFFF HxD 4.PNG
    FFFFFF HxD 4.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 8
  • G3HS Error 2.PNG
    G3HS Error 2.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 12

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Then change the 00 to FF again and see what happens

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Oh my god... I. Am. SO DUMB.
I didn't even save the new numbers before trying it.
HOW DID I EVEN MANAGE THAT ONE?!?!
I am so sorry you had to put up with that short burst of stupidity...
Well, now it shows up to Diancie-M without errors. Progress!

I'm probably gonna make an extra copy of this before editing it any further so I don't have to do this again.

Last edited:
Back