• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
So I can't seem to get the game to work.
(Before you ask-- Yes, my VBA is Flash 128k.)

So I download and use LIPS on the Light Platinum patch and the Ruby ROM from CoolRoms, which gave me the white screen, tried various options to see if I could get it to work, nothing.

So then I downloaded "0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)", and when I opened the GBA file (before patching the IPS file to it), it was Light Platinum, but it wasn't English. When I patched the English Light Platinum to it, it was still in a different language.

Soo... Am I doing something wrong?
Lazy to figure out the solution are you... PM me then so that I could help you..

It's about 2 weeks old info...
To which I learned recently from Wesley's announcement

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wesley is still working om fixing them.
No he's not.

So I can't seem to get the game to work.
(Before you ask-- Yes, my VBA is Flash 128k.)

So I download and use LIPS on the Light Platinum patch and the Ruby ROM from CoolRoms, which gave me the white screen, tried various options to see if I could get it to work, nothing.

So then I downloaded "0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)", and when I opened the GBA file (before patching the IPS file to it), it was Light Platinum, but it wasn't English. When I patched the English Light Platinum to it, it was still in a different language.

Soo... Am I doing something wrong?
Are you sure you are using version from Snakebyte's signature?

In central city when prof. oak gave me the johto starters, I accidentally said no to chikorita and cyndaquil cause i thought you could only have one. Is there any way I can get them?
Yeah... the flag resets sometimes so that event probably repeats itself.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I don't even know if it is worth talking about this, since this game is already so hyped, but... there's always this thing that really upsets me about the game.

First, a good point: The pokemons are plentiful, and knowing that there's sometimes someone in the city ready to give you a pokemon to train makes me want to speak with every NPC, which is pretty good, considering someone could just walk away.

But that brings me to the big problem.

All the NPCs are incredibly boring. The main story is there, but the immersion is broken when you star speaking with the other characters not relevant to the story. They have no interesting dialog, what-so-ever. When I arrive to a new town I groan to think that I'll have to talk to every one and knowing that NO ONE has anything to say. I'm not asking for everyone to have a complex story, but ****, how about at least one or two people talking bout the city? Maybe talking about the region, or a pokemon they really like? It's useless chatter, yeah, but more interesting than a guy telling me to use Paralyze Heal when I'm almost at the end game.

But yes, that's my big complaint about the game. If this game is still in development, please try to fix this. If it's lack of ideas, I'm sure the community wouldn't mind giving some text for the NPCs to say. :)

They really are. I tried not to, but I had to throw a joke in there once in a while because of how boring it was... xD

Years
Hi, great game, have been a fan since the beginning. Thing is I'm trying to play it on my nexus 7 but I'm having issues. I use the myboy emulator which works perfectly for Pokemon games and even Pokemon hacks but this one doesn't seem to work :/ I think I have tried all of the suggestions for patching in this post but nothing seems to work. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Shilver

Cool Trainer
Years
i have a version of this game which is replaced a girl who heal my pokes in Yellow town by a Shinx. Is that the lastest version ?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 25, 2019
Can you find a Staryu in this game? A trainer has one but I dont see anything that says you can find one. Thanks. Great hack.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
Please add wireless connection centre (battle and trade) in pokemon center 1st floor..
MyBoy! Emulator (android) can link games (even hacks i.e Flora Sky)
Waiting for the update..
P.s
I love the game .. Played it twice .. Playing with my friends and cousins..
We just complete flora sky and battled each other as well
Just a request from all of us to make it possible on light platinum also ...

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Beat the first elite four with haunter Charizard sceptile and feraligatr :,). Thanks to destiny bond anyways.
Lauren likes to repeat its events. Some items left on the ground respawn (don't know if that's intentional)
Great game otherwise

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Really great game, I would have to say 4.5/5 (the only things fault was the special/physical split which couldn't be avoided)
My team after the Elite Four: Charizard, Torterra, Kingdra, Staraptor, Scrafty, Zebstrika

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Is it intentional that no hall of fame record in his game? I beat the game 2x but I lately realized that there is no HOF record appearing in my PC. I'm using snakebyte's version.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Please add wireless connection centre (battle and trade) in pokemon center 1st floor..
MyBoy! Emulator (android) can link games (even hacks i.e Flora Sky)
Waiting for the update..
P.s
I love the game .. Played it twice .. Playing with my friends and cousins..
We just complete flora sky and battled each other as well
Just a request from all of us to make it possible on light platinum also ...

Wish there was another floor for wireless connection trades too.
But, oh well.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
That's kind of dumb. It isn't that hard to patch this game and play it. I don't see how anyone can have a problem playing this game.

The last update to this hack was over a year ago and 65 forum pages ago.

Guess what most of the posts since then have been about... xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That's kind of dumb. It isn't that hard to patch this game and play it. I don't see how anyone can have a problem playing this game.
If it was I wouldn't have FAQ in my signature...

Is it intentional that no hall of fame record in his game? I beat the game 2x but I lately realized that there is no HOF record appearing in my PC. I'm using snakebyte's version.
Yes. It is intentional. Most likely it's to prevent possible save corruption bug that could prevent players from continuing after E4.

Back