• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HackMew's Tools Factory

A little bit of introduction

Welcome to my Tools Factory.

If you liked the old tools, you'll just love the new ones!

In fact, I've started rewriting them to provide an even better user experience, which includes (among other things) greater compatibility with non-Windows operative systems, such as Linux or Mac. As soon as a rewritten tool is released it will be placed in the main tool list, and the old one removed. Given the amount of tools, the process will take a while before being complete, though. In the meanwhile, the older tools will still be available inside the spoiler at the bottom.

Don't forget to read the FAQs below: if you don't bother reading them, I won't bother answering anything related.

Stay tuned!

Frequently Asked Questions

I can't start a tool. Help?
First of all, make sure to extract all files from the program archive. If the tool isn't working after extracting all files, you might be missing the proper runtime files, which are .NET Framework 2.0 (or higher) for Windows and Mono 2.6 (or higher) for others platforms.

I've found a bug. How do I report it?
From the Help menu, you can click on "Report issue" and follow the instructions. You will need a Google Code code account, but it will only take a couple of minutes anyway, in case you don't have one yet. Bug reports are extremely important as long as they're well made. That is, specifying the tool version, the problem, and any other possible information such as the operative system you're using etc. A step-by-step procedure to reproduce the bug is strongly encouraged: this way I can (hopefully) easily detect the problem, and fix it.

I've found some broken links/images. What should I do?
Although I do my best to avoid broken links, they might still happen. If that's the case, please tell me the links that aren't working any more and I'll fix them as soon as possible.

I'd like to suggest some new features for a tool. Is it okay?
Suggestions are always welcome. However, I still need to think and decide whether to actually implement them or not. If your ideas are good though, they will be probably be included in a newer release.

Thank you for all your efforts. Is there anything I can do to show my appreciation?
There are actually many ways. You could help me translating the tools. You could do good bug reports, or suggest new ideas. You could spread the word about the tools. You could even donate to promote further development: any amount is appreciated.

Tool list
All the tools below are written in C#, targeting the .NET Framework 2.0. They don't need any extra files besides .NET/Mono runtime files and the files inside the compressed archive. The source code is open and licensed under GPL v3. For further info, check the Google Code project page. For your convenience, the list is ordered alphabetically.

Free Space Finder
Latest version: 2.0.1.0 (released on 2010-08-16)

Whether you're scripting or replacing some images, this tool helps you finding free space inside your ROMs.

Languages available
Arabic, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Chinese (Simplified)

Features
* Find/find next
* Search from beginning/custom offset
* Free space byte choice
* Amount of bytes to look for
* Customizable skip interval
* Copy to clipboard
* Hex/dec converter

Compatibility
All GB/C and GBA ROMs.

Special thanks
Horus/Black Charizard., Gamer2020, s0n1c, Chizakura, Link and liuyanghejerry for translating.
Gamer2020 and linkandzelda for beta testing.
diegoisawesome for bug reporting.

Downloads

This thread, layout included, is Copyright © 2010 by HackMew. You are not allowed to use anything without permission!

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
FINALY !

Yeah.. I knew about these tools for a while.. and tested them too.
They are GREAT !
Just download them and.. HAPPY HACKING
This makes live (well.. hacking) more easily !

//Waiting for 2 hours now to post this.. thread isn't aproved yet...//
//+10mins I'm going to turn of the computer.. Hopefully it'll be aproved tomorow.//

This post was meant to be posted yesterday evening (late..) :P

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Smca

Thank you really much, D-Trogh! ;)

Last edited:

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Wow, hackMew! Those Tools are sooo nice :D
really, I waited so long on this tools ! thnx so much man!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thank you both, Deshay and ash2000!
As I wrote in the first post, suggestions are greatly appreciated.
However, no bad comments for now xP

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2007
Thanks alot hackmew for these tools. they should really help me out with rom hacking.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks alot hackmew for these tools. they should really help me out with rom hacking.

You're welcome EMUBOY21 ;)

Yay, I need these. ^_^

Great work here HackMew. I cannot say how much I wanted these.

Nice to see someone that write my nickname in the right way :P
Anyway, thanks for the appreciation!

it won't let me unzip the Starter changer

I'm sorry but I've just tried it and it works fine. Try re-dowloanding the attachment.

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Wow bud, all the tools at once, AMAZING! This is the best factory I've ever seen! (Besides the factory where the almighty televisions are made. :P

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Wow bud, all the tools at once, AMAZING! This is the best factory I've ever seen! (Besides the factory where the almighty televisions are made. :P

Nice to see you over there, Treecko! :)
I hope that you'll like 'em. Thanks for posting.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
/Sneaky/ - HackMew - knows why :P

Well.. I just used APE's Color Picker to edit a color on the titlescreen.. and I was dissapointed that you couldn't enter the GBA Value..
So, it would be nice if you could add that function.
It's handy when you want to make a color a lil' darker/lighter and you only have the GBA Value (or just want to be quick)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Well.. I just used APE's Color Picker to edit a color on the titlescreen.. and I was dissapointed that you couldn't enter the GBA Value..
So, it would be nice if you could add that function.

I don't know why I didn't think it should be made! XD
Thank you very much for the suggestion, sure. I'll start working on it right now.
Check for updates very often and you'll be satisfacted ;)

EDIT: I'm ready! Download APE again from the new, updated attachment.

TO ALL: if you already have APE, it's better if you download the updated version. Happy Downloading!

Last edited:
Years
I had a little idea for APE. How about making changeable INI files, a bit like Advance Map? Then, we can enter offsets of palettes we often use. That way, you can easily select the palette you need from a menu without having to look for it first. It might be handy for newbies!

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tools, they really helped me!

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
I had a little idea for APE. How about making changeable INI files, a bit like Advance Map? Then, we can enter offsets of palettes we often use. That way, you can easily select the palette you need from a menu without having to look for it first. It might be handy for newbies!
I suport this idea - HackMew - !!
But.. Prof. 9, I think you mean "like Advance Text", right ? ;)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I had a little idea for APE. How about making changeable INI files, a bit like Advance Map? Then, we can enter offsets of palettes we often use. That way, you can easily select the palette you need from a menu without having to look for it first.

Nice idea, thanks. Well, I've already tought about that XD
A sort of "Favorites", after all. When I have time I'll work on it. Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback!

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
Years
Hey,

Hey, aint talked to you in awhile, hope you're doing fine. As you know I've been impressed with your tools for a long time and on the verge of becoming a fan eheh :P so just keep up the great work and I'm sure everyone around here will appreiciate the work you've put in.
All the best,
~Davie~

Back