• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who would you vote for in the Presidential election?

who do you want for US president

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
Mitt Romney is the better candidate for this term's election:

•Obama
Pros: (none that I can think if as his agenda is completely un-layed out because all he has been doing in his campaign is Romney bashing because he has nothing to run on that would benifit his campaign other than the fact that America is now a liberal nation which means of course they would like a liberal candidate)
Cons: Obama supports abortion (even late-term abortion and partial birth abortion, and if you don't know what a partial birth abortion is it is an abortion that occurs while the CHILD is being delivered ie. it has it's head a portion of the way out of the womb), his stimulus package cost America $153 BILLION MORE than the war in Iraq (the Iraqi war cost America $709 Billion where as Obama's failed stimulus package cost America $862 BILLION) he spent more in 3 MONTHS on a "stimulus" package than America as a whole spent in 7 YEARS on a war. Obama-"care" is a disgrace to America and the morals it was founded on as we seceded from England as it is an ADDITIONAL TAX that is unnecessary and forced health care which means that according to the United States Constitution is considered government overstepping its power and boundaries.
I could continue however I am running short on time.

So why is Romney the better candidate? The answer is simple; ANYONE is better than Obama and AMERICA cannot afford to spend another for years under the comunistic ideas and reign of Barack Obama.

God Bless and Help America!

When I get more time I will post the pros and cons of Mitt Romney... Oh and did you see the presidential debate yesterday (oct. 3)? If not go and watch it...

It will give you the jest of the two's agendas and the truth to their campaign tactics...

Last edited:
Years
Both candidates are weak. If Obama gets re-elected, he will most likely be a lame duck president if the Republicans keep control of the House or take control of the Senate, nothing Obama will propose will get by the polarized Republican base. Even if the Democrats retake control of the House, Obama could have done so much more when they had control of both parties in 2009-2010. The Obamacare controversy with that mandate about being FORCED to buy health insurance makes he despise him. He is not my Dad, telling me what to do.

With Mitt Romney, a little clarity wouldn't hurt. Does he have ANY plans for if he gets elected besides repealing Obamacare? How does he plan to get more jobs here? Are he and Paul Ryan going to destroy Medicare or improve it to make it function better? Is he going to enforce American law all over the world or have the country be an observer and helper to countries in need if asked? Mitt Romney never grew up as a normal person of the middle class, so I doubt he understands what we are going through. I just don't trust him.

Why am I thinking about this? Maybe because I (finally) registered to vote in this election. That and we got the Scott Brown/Elizabeth Warren Senate race in Massachusetts. I'm leaning towards Scott Brown because he actually does something neither political of either party does these days: Compromise.

tl;dr, both candidates are buffoons, both Johnson and Stein have a snowball's chance in Hell of succeeding, hyperpartisianship is rampant, both parties are fractured, compromise is forbidden, both parties can't make a decent budget, we are giving money to countries that have terrorists kill our ambassadors, China will own us and everyday people still can't get a job.

The tunnel is still dark and I don't see a light in the end.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm canadian so I can't vote for which president haha.
But we're having an elections ourselves for the next prime minister pretty soon also =P

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
I voting for gary johnson (if you didnt know) even tho im 16 (Harlem doesn't check any thing) any way ideology wise he fits where i go
cuts unnecessary programs (unfortunately obama care one of them)
he will let churches do what they want with marriage (obama will force them to marry gays) while making legal
less taxes and my favorite limiting drug cartells power by making weed legal
durring the debates i saw this with it and i found obama and romney failing during the debate at least theirs a new meme
2lavd77.jpg

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I voting for gary johnson (if you didnt know) even tho im 16 (Harlem doesn't check any thing) any way ideology wise he fits where i go
cuts unnecessary programs (unfortunately obama care one of them)
he will let churches do what they want with marriage (obama will force them to marry gays) while making legal
less taxes and my favorite limiting drug cartells power by making weed legal
durring the debates i saw this with it and i found obama and romney failing during the debate at least theirs a new meme
You act like this is a bad thing.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
Seeing as how I live in a solid red state and my vote doesn't mean jack anyway, and seeing as how my preferred candidate finally was placed on the ballot here recently, my vote is going to go to Jill Stein. However, if I had to choose between the big two, Obama > Romney, for sure.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Well if he legalized gay marriage, a church would have to marry them or they would be breaking federal law.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
so gay people shouldnt be allowed to get married? Because the Christian bible says they shouldnt lay together? It says nothing about them getting married. So it wouldnt break the first amendment. It shouldnt be banned in the first place, but whatever.

Years
President Obama for Electability and achievements during his first 2 years. Jill Stein of the Green Party for promoting most of my principles. Hmm...choices, choices.

Such is the dilemma of the Electoral College. Hell If I could I'd vote for Social Democrat Bernie Sanders as my senator, and Nancy Pelosi as my Representative. Then again having Henry Waxman as my congressman isn't half bad. :P

Years
A church isn't the only place a legal marriage can be held, gentlemen. My parents were married in a courthouse, and I'd assume any gay marriages would be the same way my parents' heterosexual marriage was (conducted in a courthouse instead of a church). I highly doubt Obama would actually force the churches to perform marriages (among other things, he doesn't have the power to make such a mandate on his own), seeing as a church marriage is for ceremonial religious purposes, which the biggest reason gay marriage supporters want it legalized in all states is so that gays are equal in the eyes of the law and can receive the same tax benefits heterosexual couples do.

EDIT: Also, I'm likely voting for Barack Obama, especially due to major flip-flopping on Romney's part with regards to his opinions and plans. Also because Romney lived a very privileged life from birth.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, since I'm not from America, I would probably vote Obama. I think that Mitt Romney's mannerisms is too much like PM David Cameron, and I think that America will sink even further if Romney gets in. That's just my opinion.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I am an eligible American voter, and analysis indicates the following:

Pros for Obama: Is a great orator
Cons for Obama: Campaigns instead of doing job, weak foreign policy, has caused mass unemployment and many people have quit looking, supports illegal immigration, has no leadership skills, lies in campaign ads, has nothing to run on, raised the cost of living but lowered personal income, has no idea what he's doing, wants to keep funding everything with taxpayer dollars, is probably a puppet

Pros for Romney: Has a track record, can work with both sides, will cut taxes and cost of living, picked a good running mate
Cons for Romney: Has been out of the scene for a while, doesn't have the presence, says a lot of things that make him look ignorant, has weak job promises, isn't running a good campaign, [may] support SOPA, sometimes changes his mind [not as much as John Kerry but still]

...I'm leaning Romney, really. I can think of more good things for him and more bad things for Obama. It's really a tough call, though, because Obama has been an awful president. Would Romney be much better? Probably not.

Back in 2008, Obama said that if he didn't fix the economy, he'd be a one-term president. That should be true. I say we put Romney in, then install someone else who isn't radical left like Obama or radical right like Dick Santorum. We need a change every four years until we get someone capable like Ronald Reagan or JFK.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Obama put that economy back on track.

Years

I have to disagree with that. Unemployment is still high. It could be even higher if they counted the discouraged workers and the jobs that are created are low-wage. The looming fiscal cliff will hurt this country more than we know even if Obama is re-elected or Romney is elected.

I fear the people in Congress WANT to bring this country to ruin since all they do is bicker like spoiled children most of the time. They say that they'll wait after the election to do something, but after seeing that poor excuse of a "super-committee" fail, I really think very poorly of the children in Congress.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I have to disagree with that. Unemployment is still high. It could be even higher if they counted the discouraged workers and the jobs that are created are low-wage. The looming fiscal cliff will hurt this country more than we know even if Obama is re-elected or Romney is elected.

I fear the people in Congress WANT to bring this country to ruin since all they do is bicker like spoiled children most of the time. They say that they'll wait after the election to do something, but after seeing that poor excuse of a "super-committee" fail, I really think very poorly of the children in Congress.
Obama is probably worse, given how he has no leadership stills. Romney... well he hasn't proven he can propose a decisive plan that will get things done.

Congress? They're more like Neanderthals. They have no idea what they're doing, and they're a partisan war zone that does whatever their leaders want. I say we fire everyone in Congress. Vote ALL of them out of office, and get new blood in to actually, you know, run this country the way the Founding Fathers wanted, instead of leech off of its taxpayers. It's pathetic. It's Congress that is ruining this country more than the President, but the most damage was caused when Congress was in complete control of the Democrats - both under Bush and Obama. I'm REALLY unhappy with the Democrats right now. And I'm not at all happy with the Republicans, either.

Let's start a third party, guys. That way, we can get somebody Gary Johnson elected in 2016.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Haha, nice one.

God, I miss Ron Paul. Obama didnt really do anything except Obamacare and that was just another step toward despotism. But, Romney is just unlikeable as a person and I disagree with alot of what he says. If I was 18 I'd stay home. Other, ftw!

Back