• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your game ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Poll / Pokémon Celestial idea

Hello guys ! I started to learn the Pokémon Essentials of three months of there ! I have some ideas ! Here are them :

-There will be no Gym leaders but you will be a student at a school .
-There will be more then 3 starters
-Your goal is not to complete the Pokédex or be a Pokémon Master, but it is to have the Celestial rank !
-There are 8 ranks ! (Starter, Novice, Trainer, Good student, Master like, Silver, Gold and Celestial)
-The story will be at the Coral region.
-There are some new forms of Pokémons ( Latias/Latios form Celestial)

It's all ! I need some feedbacks before i start devolop it :D !

Years
I've been planning a dual dimension Pokemon game, where you the player start out in our dimension, then as you're going to a game store, you suddenly find your self in the Pokemon Dimension, in the region of Oregon (my home state) and instead of 8 badges, there are 18 badges (one for each type as of Gen VI) and the E5 + Champion, would all be members of my immediate family (including my self), but I don't have the capability to do this (I can't install anything without Administrator's permission).

Title: Pokemon Oregon Version

Plot: You the player are a 19 year old living with your parents in Albany, OR, and you share a room with your brothers (if you are a male) or your sisters (if you are a female) and you are on your way to go apply for work in the troubled economy, when you notice, an Eevee, on the Periwinkle Creek Bike Path (in the reeds camouflaged of course), dying of hunger, realizing that you are now in the World of Pokemon, and being a compassionate person, you take the Eevee to the Geary Street Pokemon Center to get it some help, after about a day, you receive a trainer card, six Pokeballs, one of which contains the Eevee you saved, a Pokedex, and a letter from the Nurse Joy, telling you that she registered you into the Oregon League, and that the Eevee wants to join you on your quest.

Main Characters:
Spoiler:

Features (planned)
Spoiler:

Elite 5 and Champion details
Spoiler:

I need help in order to make this idea a reality, PM me if you want to help.

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
I have an idea for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon-esque, prehistoric themed game that I would like to design using RPG Maker VX Ace. Taking on the project alone means that it will be likely a single-player only game, with some mechanic tweaks, but I hope that I could make up for it with an interesting, branching storyline that depends on choices the player makes throughout the game, potentially even with different endings. As it stands currently, I simply have a list of pokemon, a "regional dex" if you will, of 125-150 pokemon I'd like to see in it. The range is dependent on whether I can find PMD sprites for generation 5 pokemon, as the others I'm pretty sure I can locate. The list, using the highest evolutions and in no specific order just yet, is:

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Staraptor
Raticate
Breloom
Bastiodon
Aerodactyl
Omastar
Kabutops
Rampardos
Cradily
Armaldo
Mamoswine
Tropius
Vileplume/Bellossom
Meganium
Feraligatr
Infernape
Golem
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Torkoal
Crobat
Yanmega
Tangrowth
Beedrill
Beautifly/Dustox
Flygon
Sharpedo
Magcargo
Unown
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
Blissey
Exeggutor
Kangaskhan
Tauros
Miltank
Magmortar
Electrivire
Rhyperior
Raichu
Snorlax
Rapidash
wailord
Relicanth
Clefable
Tyranitar
Mightyena
Solrock
Lunatone
Lapras
Claydol
Steelix
Kecleon
Carnivine
Pachirisu
Archeops
Carracosta
Darmanitan
Zebstrika
Golurk
Jellicent
Haxorus
Simisear
Simisage
Simipour
Volcarona
Mandibuzz

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Here are some ideas that didn't make it into the game I'm working on for one reason or another.

The starter pokemon are secretly the region's legendaries.

This would work best for fakemon games. What if the starters all had secret fourth evolutions that could only be triggered by some plot device near the end of the game? This has potential for creating a very interesting story, which could include a conspiracy involving the professor that gave you the starter in the first place. It could lead up to an epic rival battle, to be sure.

Have follower pokemon, and be able to read their thoughts.

There's a popular following pokemon RMXP script going around, yes? How neat would it be to talk with your pokemon? Come up with some plot psychic gem thingy that explains why the protagonist can do this. While giving unique dialogue to each pokemon would be too much work, it could be feasible to give unique dialogue options to each nature. Each nature of pokemon could say different things based on how much health they have, or if they just won a battle, or something like that.

Make a custom battle engine with Paper Mario-esqe action commands

My most ambitious idea. For those that don't know, the battle system in the Paper Mario RPG's let you influence the battle a little bit by pressing the right button at the right time. For instance, press 'A' right as an attack hits the opponent to do some extra damage. If there's a talented programmer out there, I'd love to see this mechanic incorporated in a pokemon game.

This could be used to control when attacks are critical hits, when a pokemon dodges an attack, and so on. Maybe to stop this mechanic from being overpowered, the action command can show up at a certain rate. The rate at which action commands show up can also be dependent on how long the pokemon has been with the trainer, making the mechanic similar to those bonuses pokemon get when its affection is increased in Pokemon-Amie.

But let's take this concept even further. What if the story pulled a reverse-Colosseum, and involved a team of bad guys that had the ability to steal your pokemon. The action command could then be used for your pokemon to break free of the pokeball. If your bond with the pokemon isn't strong enough, the command doesn't show up, and the pokemon is stolen.

FluorescentMunchlax

(aka Joltiikk)
Years
Pokemon Renown

This idea for me came when I saw someone sprite shop, and they had a cool sprite of like an unown but super over the top. So, with their permission I'm using it as the basis of the pokemon game, Pokemon Renown. Essentially, it isnt even really a pokemon game, its just an Adventure/RPG with pokemon in it. No gyms, no professors, no standard trainer battles, just a rich storyline with a lot of character development in it.

Story:
The start of the game is when you are still in school, at age 8. You and a group of friends you go to the school with are the pokemon battlers of the class and you all get together at recess time to show off your pokemon. As you progress through the game your friends start to change, and some become more distant, some become more friendly towards you. It is at the end of the school year that the game stops, and restarts 13 years into the future. You are 21, and sleeping in your apartment, when you hear a loud crash. You open your window and look out. What seems like something you only see in movies is taking place out on the mountain in the center of the region. Thick black clouds, and a fierce storm with lightning are shrouding the sky. You start having flash backs to when you were a kid, and remember being read a story about the Renown, the being of connection, and how one day it will engulf the region, and turn all of the pokemon corrupt... unless stopped by a true group of heroes. Without a second to spare you grab your bag and run out the door...

Essentially the whole plot behind this game is that you have to go from place to place, and find your friends from when you were a child, and then convince them to come with you, some more willing to, and some are more reluctant. The battles are basically against the corrupted forms of standard pokemon, which have been corrupted by the Renown. There are different things you need to do to help/find your friends such as you need to stop the twins fighting, and reunite them, and you need to rescure another one of your friends pokemon and different "quests" to get everyone back together and stop the renown.

I would upload the character sprites but I cant figure out how to add pictures onto this ):

Rezeed

A Die-Hard Trainer/Fan
Years
  • Age 36
  • ????
  • Seen Feb 21, 2023
I'm not exactly sure what format my idea has to be presented so I will say a story of the inspiration and move onto my idea and my thoughts on the idea.

I remember recently while I was doing a Pokemon Hack Binge that I came across one that only had a sprite swap for the main character's overworld in Gold/Silver to be The Link's Awakening Link. Nothing else was added or implemented aside from that. After some searching, I couldn't find a Pokemon hack that add more to that or show any more elaboration.

Honestly, I found it rather disappointing that no one would capitalize on such a promising idea. A pokemon game/hack where Link is fighting with Pokemon or Moemon Instead of the master sword and his "toys". However, instead of getting badges, one could be getting triforce pieces or zelda styled Plot McGuffins(Like the Pendants, Elemental Emblems, etc.). Perhaps ganon's minions and ingame bosses could be different trainer classes or "sages" could be either gym leaders or something of that sort. Can anyone image a zelda styled story with something like this?

On top of that, I am rather tempted to take this one step further and remake an existing zelda game into this kind of concept. There were so many missed opportunities in the series and I think this concept gives a good way to bring them to light. For example, in ocarina of time, there was a moment where Sheik wanted to work with Link, but after getting his butt handed to him, he decided to give up and let link handle it. With having Pokemon in mind, situations like that could allow shiek to travel with link within the dungeon and even get some character development or at the very least an interesting back and forth between the two. This could also be a good way to bring nuances from the manga/comic counterparts to help flesh a known zelda game's story into something more realized and engaging.

How it would be incorporated is that the locations and dungeons would pretty much stay faithful to the original areas of it's source material. However, to compensate for the missing toys, dungeon treasures could hold TM/HMs that will for the most part behave like his toys. This would mean different moves will become the HMs. For example, since the hookshot will not be present, a pokemon with Vine Whip would be an interesting alternative. Along with that, to incorperate pokemon stuff into the world of zelda, Pokemon staples and items would be re-imagined as something that would naturally exist in Hyrule, the Island of the wind fish, Termina, or whatever the setting for this game.(With the exception of things like Pokeballs and TMs/HMs) Stuff like Pokemon centers would be fairy fountains and the Pokemon storage system could be something like Lon Lon Ranch or a fairy or someone taking care of your Pokemon while are out in a dungeon crawl. Basically, It would be meant to be meshed together to not only seem natural, but also work within the realm of the world.

Since Pokemon is something added, the main overworld would have no wild pokemon save for a few areas, but the dungeons and major areas like special forests and such will have wild Pokemon. On the flip side, I hope for something like re-spawning ganon minion for rematches. I imagining something like this would keep a lot of the zelda conventions in tact, like the puzzles in dungeons, the exploration with new ways to get around and new ways to take down enemies. Honestly, I think something like this could give many different ways to beat a dungeon and such a game which could be pretty fun in it's own right.

For those who think it's strange to see Link work with Pokemon allow me to list a few things to spare some of the doubts for it.

1. Throughout the history of the series, there always has been an animal or monster that has been helping him out in some way, shape, or form.(Does "It's a secret to everyone" ring any bells?)
2. In A Link to the Past, link could capture bees to place into bottles so they can fight for him. Alternatively, you have fairies in bottles that heal you when you run out of hearts.
3. The smash brothers games already allows link to use Pokemon.
4. If Link's Awakening was the setting, with all the existing Nintendo Cameos placed in, it wouldn't seem so strange to see Pokemon present. Especially, if the Nightmares are forcing you to play by their rules which could be Pokemon Battles.
5. A portion of the animals that help you, you either ride or control yourself.(Examples, Epona, Ricky from the oracle games, The Crimson Loftwing, the bird from Twilight princess, the seagulls in Wind Waker, and so on.)

Aside from that, in a game like this; Wouldn't you be really tempted to name a Ponyta, Epona, name a Noctowl, Gaebora Kaebora, and even a honedge, The Master Sword?

Years
The Spirit Game

Introduction: This game was recently planned out,just a few days ago. It's going to be an RPG game,with 2D controls like DuckTales Remastered,but pixely. The game is going to be a blast for people who enjoy killer animals and somewhat like League of Legends.

Story-lines: Trouble is brewing in Eden Forest,your pack's territory;another wolf pack has infested itself somewhere in the forest,and as one of it's proud members,it's up to you to track them down with your rival,and,at the very least,try to wreck havoc in their clan. But when you follow them to a secret ancient ruin they just discovered,a shining stone blinds all of you;when you wake up at last,you are lost and only with one of the wolves from the other pack. And guess what? Well,do you believe in magic? Because you have it now.

Characters:
Fer - The Male Protagonist;He will be your proud rival in the clan if you choose Hei.
Best Stat: Speed;Style: Spirit
Hei - The Female Protagonist;She will be the rude teen of your nightmares if you're Fer.
Best Stat: Speed;Style: Spirit

Storm - Your first Friend in the new clan;He's an anti-social christian psychic who loves sadism.
Best Stat: Mana;Style: Soul
Evangeline - Your love/hate I-will-kill-you-if-i-feel-like-it friend in the new clan;She loves treating people like punching bags(unfortunately for you)
Best Stat: Stamina;Style: Energy
Hansel & Gretel - A brother of sister pair of cubs,mischievous and wild to the core
Best Stat: Speed;Style: Dream

Emobeasts
The Antagonists of The Spirit Game. Emobeasts seek to influence the world with their special style of magic;Emotions. Each is an Oracle of each Emotion; Luke,Neil,Edwin,Lace,Jake,Rupert,Darcy,Henry,Brad,Pierce,Ray,Cleo,Will,Timmy,and their Pack Leader;Ion.

morlockhater

Novice hacker
Years
Pokémon: Threshold

Hey there,

for the past few months, I've been developing a Pokémon fangame on RMXP.

The main premise of the game is something of a 'reboot' of the Pokémon universe. In short, I mean a greatly expanded version of Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, in terms of the size of the region and depth of the plot.

Something I've always been curious about the Pokémon world is how the existence of Pokémon and the related technology has effected the world itself. For example, are psychic Pokémon used in court cases and commerce? Is there a global organisation similar to the UN, regulating the world? What legal rights do Pokémon have, and what is the PURPOSE of a Pokémon trainer? Do people eat Pokémon? What are the religions of the Pokémon world, are they compatible with one another? Pokémon 'evolve', but is the world itself the result of an overall Darwinian evolution process, or did it come about by way of intelligent design? How does science operate in conjunction with the existence of 'Legendary Pokémon', capable of warping time and space?

My game attempts to answer and expand on these questions, by building a greatly expanded Kanto region and retelling the story of Red, Team Rocket and Mewtwo from a new perspective.

• New twists on classic subplots such as the attack on the SS Anne, the Haunted Cathedral of Lavender Town, as well as completely new events such as the Great Saffron Train Robbery, the Eruption of Cinnabar Island, and Poachers of the Safari Zone.
  • A region wide road network - yes, CARS exist in this Pokémon game, not just lonely trucks that don't have anything underneath them...
  • The ability to purchase different outfits for the player.
  • A Player Fatigue System - Your Pokémon aren't the only thing you need to worry about keeping healthy. Visit restaurants, cafés, and food stores, and make sure you get plenty of rest at the Pokémon Center, or you'll find running and cycling become a lot tougher. If you become completely fatigued, you'll pass out!
  • An Elder Scrolls-style Time System - Go to bed at night, wake up in the morning!
  • Cities have different districts, so be ready to hop on the bus! Luckily, your Trainer Card acts as a bus pass.
  • Thieves will steal your Pokémon if you're not careful, but you can always check the police station to see if they've been found.
  • Keep money in the bank and gain interest.
  • Obtain all native Kanto Pokémon, and travel to special areas to obtain those from other regions.
  • Expect elements of different existing canons to make appearances alongside changes I've introduced myself.
Plot desciption:

You're a 16 year old from Pallet Town, a rural farming community on the coast of the Kanto Region. You've just registered for a Pokémon License, making you an offical member of the Pokémon Trainers League, working toward the preservation and research of Pokémon, training them to be the best they can be. Part of being a Pokémon Trainer is competing in friendly battles in the Indigo Plateau Gym Challenge. The League is run by the United Regions, a global organisation devoted to Human and Pokémon rights. AS a Trainer, you receive a PokéDex from your local League representative, Professor Samuel Oak, to record all data on any Pokémon you encounter.

In recent months, there has been growing unrest in the Kanto Region. New technologies, such as advances in teleportation and biological digitisation developed by Bill Masaki, former lead scientist at Silph Corp, are now used worldwide in modern Poké Balls, the International Transfer system, and even everyday items such as bag packs used by Pokémon Trainers. However, a terrorist cell has emerged, known only as Team Rocket, that have been using stolen and altered Silph tech to carry out criminal activity, trafficking both people and Pokémon, committing murder, theft, and allegedly assembling an army of like minded extremists to some nefarious end.

These advances in technology have also been greatly opposed by the religious community in Kanto. Some members of the Church of Arceus have argued that the digitisation of people, objects and Pokémon is an affront to Arceus, and a sect of the Church has broken away to form 'The Children of Lavender', carrying out protests throughout the region and inciting civil unrest. Many of their actions have been condemned by the Church of Arceus as extremist and dangerous.

Kanto's government in Saffron City, the Region's capital, are about to pass a new bill setting down specific guidelines to what is and isn't permitted by way of digital transference. Many believe the Government's offices are in danger of a terrorist attack, and the city is on high alert.

Begin your journey as a Pokémon trainer in this fractured, dangerous, vivid world. Collect and train Pokémon, befriend a memorable cast of characters, and battle ruthless enemies, in your quest to complete your PokéDex, and be the best their ever was. . .

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Pokemon RPG for RMVX Ace

Well, I want to step outside the normal Pokemon games and go with something a little different. I want to create a standard RPG based around Pokemon. It will be an entirely new world, but instead of monsters, there's Pokemon. There will be no people or other animals, just Pokemon. The playable characters and NPCs will be Pokemon. Everything encountered, even bosses will be Pokemon. The only difference is that NPCs and playable characters will have a sort of anthro or human-like form of the Pokemon whereas enemies and bosses will be the actual feral forms of each Pokemon.

I will have it set up to where each character will start off in the lowest level of the evolution stage. However, to evolve, you will need to be at the required level and you will also need a certain stone. I may have it set up to where one stone will be used for Pokemon that evolve between level 1-20, another for 21-40, and the last for 41+. Pokemon that evolve through trade, friendship, item holding, the elemental stones, etc will all evolve with either the second or third stone, depending on the Pokemon.

I highly doubt I'm going to have all 700+ Pokemon in this game. At the max, I'll probably only use 250, and as for NPCs, I'll probably only use like 20. And then maybe some select few more for major NPCs, and that's not including the playable characters, which will be either 6 or 8, depending on the party size.

Anyway, to the main point of this topic, I will need some help with this, especially when it comes to character sprites, some feral Pokemon sprites, item sprites, enemy battle sprites, playable and nonplayable character face sets, character designs, all the like, and possibly scripting.

And naturally, this will be non-commercial so it's all for the fun of creating a game for everyone to enjoy. I've had this idea for a while and I understand a lot about the program and a small bit with scripting like inputting and placing. I may also create music for the game as well.

Let me know what you guys think of this! And contact me if you'd like to help out! :D

Last edited:

LxDarkrai

The Nightmare
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
[Development] Pokemon: Ultimate Version (Recruiting)

Welcome to the official thread for the development of the new game, Pokemon: Ultimate Version! This thread will be the one stop for all news, progress, and information about the game.

So, here is some information I felt was standard, similar to an FAQ format.​

What is Pokemon: Ultimate Version?
Spoiler:

So what is the background or the basic story?
Spoiler:

How much will the Pokemon change?
Spoiler:

Will the regions be different, and will any of the locations change?
Spoiler:

Those few questions cover most of the stuff that came to mind when creating this thread, however feel free to ask a question about the project and I'll gladly throw it in.

Let's get to the actual game, shall we?​

Here's some basic information

Regions and individualistic locations:
-Kanto
-Johto
-Hoenn
-Sinnoh
-Unova
-Kalos
-Orange Archipelago
-Sevii Islands
-Orre
-A few other locations, but lets keep you surprised

Pokemon:
All 721 Pokemon

So how far along is Pokemon: Ultimate Version?

Well, the game itself is being pieced together bit by bit, but to be completely honest, the progress stands well below what would be considered 1% (since it is very large), so right now lets say 0%

Wait, is their any progress on the actual game, because, you know, it's in the Development section....

Well, the game is actually not being coded or created, but the outline is 90% complete by yours truly. I, LxDarkrai, have a lot of experience as a Lore Master, and even have helped out with a few ideas and games that have made publication. I have already compiled lists of move sets, type changes, maps, character lines, effect ideas, and have written a majority of the main story line with a lot of side and post game events. The project may not be developing at a steady rate, but as of now it exists, is happening, and has skipped the idea phase since there are primary documents on the actual in-game content, which is part of the transition from an idea to the creation phase of the project. For now, it is on paper, and a few people are already working on some of the content, though are not official staff as of yet.

This is a community project. Future developments and all news will be posted on this thread, so any persons wishing to be aware of such events should heed this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Not a programmer myself, so I'll probably never make an actual game, but I'll throw up a few ideas here, see if they help anyone else:

Starter 'Town'
* The prof's lab isn't in the town, it's in the neighbouring city, and to get across the grass you're escorted by the prof's nephew/assistant/your own father (who works for the prof)/etc.
* As above, but your friend also show you how to catch pokemon on the route, and it's from here that you get your first pokemon.
or
* Your starter 'town' is what would normally be the next town/city on your journey.

Pokeballs
* You can only carry a few (ie six) pokeballs total (empty or occupied), but you can retrieve tossed ones at the end of the battle, if you win. Every time you enter a poke-centre to get your pokemons healed, the nurse will remind you that if you don't stow some of your pokemons, you won't be able to catch new ones.

Battles
* You have the right to refuse to battle most of the time, but it will cost you.
* Whenever you win/lose a battle, you haggle over what you get from/give to the opponent (you can't give your starter pokemon though).
* Wild Pokemon don't just appear in grass, you can be attacked by flying pokemon if you get too close to the trees on route maps.
* You can face multiple opponents in wild battles.
* Sometimes wild pokemon run away if they're facing an opponent much stronger than them.
* Pokemon like/dislike some 'mons more than others (Fire and Water types don't mix for example).

Pokemon
* Replace the PP per move system with an 'effort' system, where each move requires a certain amount of effort, which is drawn from a pool. 'Effort' regenerates at a certain number of points per space moved outside of battle, and by various foods.
* Some HM moves can't be learned by pokemon below a sufficient size (Pidgey and Fly for example, A bird weighing four pounds carrying a person?).
* Sometimes if you beat a wild pokemon you find a nest nearby, and have the option to take one or more of the babies.

Towns
* As well as their other services, Pokecentres have an adoption section where you can buy pokemon.
* Buying items is split between Pokemarts (Poke-Balls, escape ropes, repels, etc) and Pokecentres (potions, cures, etc.)

Plots
* If you lose your first battle with the Bad Team, you're captured, and offered a position in the organisation, from where you either work for them, or betray them. If you work for them you can rise through the ranks, eventually getting to the point where you can challenge the leader.
* There are pokemon police, whom you can join if you want to, or get rewards for helping out.
* There are loner criminals around, not affiliated with the main gang.

Pokedex
* The pokedex does not immediately tell you everything there is to know about the pokemon you've caught, known locations fe. will only be those areas where you (or someone else with a pokedex) has encountered them.
* More people than yourself and your rival have pokedexes, and most will be willing to trade information.

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon USA

I was wondering if anybody had done a Pokemon USA/America remake. Where instead of Japanese stuff it's remade with a whole bunch of USA stuff.

There are a couple of ways I can hash this out. So bear with me while I think it through.

I could release different games with different storylines. Or I could stick with the original image I found and release one game (I know that's a lot of work) but it might be easier to go with one HUGE game instead of many different ones. The games will have all redesigned maps and different sections of America. This game will be made using GPG Maker XP and Poke Essentials. Since this is the easiest way.

Pokemon North America, or USA:

First Storyline: North East (New York, NJ, Pennsylvania, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Delaware, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin)

Second Storyline: Bible Belt (Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, North and South Carolina, and into Virginia, Texas through the Great Plains to the Dakotas, and concentrated in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, and Mississippi.)

Third Storyline: Western States past texas, four corners, north south dakota, idaho etc... (Not sure what to call this area)

Fourth Storyline: West Coast California, Oregon, and Washington

Additional Storylines: Somewhere in Texas you can jump into Mexico which will be very difficult to get through for an outsider. As well as explore portions of icy Canada. Different shipping ports will be able to get you to Hawaii and Alaska.

How would I move forward with the locations? I can't obviously include all the states and all the regions I would like to without making a storyline based on each state. (Which I won't rule out in the future if I get really good at this). I was thinking of focusing on certain big cities and famous attractions in America.

North East Region:
New York City, Jersey Shore (this can be really funny), some type of ski resort for the north etc… Welcome to other suggestions. Maybe Chris Christie can be a fat gym leader here… I was also thinking of placing the elite 4 in Washington DC. Making Obama the last of the elite four.

Bible belt- the Bible belt will focus mainly on over religious people who try to convert you to various religions. Though you remain strictly neutral on this level, there will be different trainers to face. New sprites could include: snake worshippers, priests, crazy old ladies and men chasing you with bibles along with assortments of cowboys, drunks and oil guys. I'm thinking of just making this a HUGE flat plains area. It will take a long time to get through and pretty much the same stuff for hours. Much like the ocean in regular pokemon games, but much longer and more annoying!

I could make a specific Libertarian/Conservative Texas area too right after you exit the plains.

Western region: I could focus on the Four Corners, Mormons in Utah, I was also thinking of making this a completely paranormal area due to Area 51 and Roswell both being here! Full of Ghost and Physic pokemon. I think the Rocket Headquarters could be Area 51 with Mewtwo being stuck there.

For the West Coast. Silicon Valley will be the main focus, but I could throw in a couple of red light district stuff like sleazy prostitutes and gangs. Microsoft will be a huge presence in the game. As I just realized Bill as in the guy who made the PC in the regular Pokemon games could be Bill Gates in an American Version. You will of course get to battle Bill Gates as you make your way through Microsoft Headquarters.

I was thinking of making Mexico a dark desert where you need Flash to get through and full of hard to beat people with almost no rest…

I was thinking of making Alaska an icy slate. Hawaii an island paradise As well as Florida…
Gym Leaders could be the politicians that represent the areas mentioned above. Could be the most famous/well known politicians of each region.. Hence why I used Christie as an example for NJ and Obama for DC.

I'm still working on more specifics but I have a lot of ideas and more came to me as I was writing this. Let me know what you guys think!

I also plan to include an area where you can catch ANY pokemon at ANY time. Kinda like Bill's Backyard in the anime.

PS I can post links now: https://www.google.com/search?q=pok...RCIbo0QG-poHIDg&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=767

The first couple should give you a good idea what I am shooting for.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I'd say start off with California, it's got water routes, land routes, and even a big mountain with snow, so you have most or all of the climates covered. Just note, they've pulled like 4 generations out of just Japan and have yet to touch on the whole country, and there are 4 states in the US bigger than Japan.

Last edited:
Years
I'd say start off with California, it's got water routes, land routes, and even a big mountain with snow, so you have most or all of the climates covered. Just note, they've pulled like 4 generations out of just Japan and have yet to touch on the whole country, and there are 4 states in the US bigger than Japan.

I know which is why I have to condense stuff. I could do a California one in the future since I plan to make it out there eventually and then I'll have some firsthand knowledge of the west coast to work off of from memory. I just know more about the East Coast and parts of the Midwest. California will be in the game but mostly it will be silicon valley and maybe Hollywood.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 25, 2014
What if Pokemon had a Side-scroll Battle system like Super Smash Bros? When a battle started instead of boring turn based strategy it was Smash-em-up with Strategy?

SO here's my Game Mechanic Design Idea. A Battle system like Super Smash Bros. With the original 151 Pokémon:

Pokémon Smash!
Concept: Pokémon with the original 151 Pokémon remaking the battle system into a Side-scroll Action Battle System.

Basic Attacks: Each Pokémon will have 10 basic attacks. Standing, Running, Up, Down, Left or Right, Air, Up Air, Down Air, Left Air, Right Air. These attacks cannot be changed. Basic Attacks deal significantly less damage than Special-Special or Special-Physical attacks and do not have special effects but do not require PP to use.

Special Attacks: Each Pokémon can learn 4 Special Moves. When a new move is learned it is assigned to B+ Up, Down, Left, or Right. Most moves direction can be changed by pressing where you want it to go before the move is executed. Special Moves can be Physical, Special or Status Moves. Some of the stronger moves have cool downs and you must wait to use again. All status moves use of PP for the corresponding move.
Special Movement: Each Pokémon can also have various special movements. They are set for each species and are learned as your Pokémon levels up.
  • Super Dash: Quicker start when dash is used.
  • Super Jump: When jumping from a crouch Pokémon jump's much higher and faster.
  • Double Jump: Allows a second jump.
  • Fly: Pressing Up Up in air allows Pokémon to fly. Energy bar called flight determines how long Pokémon can stay in air. Pokémon will glide down once energy is depleted.
  • Glide: Pressing Up once in air will allow Pokémon to glide down slowly. Doesn't use flight.
  • Quick fall: Pressing Down Down Allows Pokémon to fall much faster.
  • Air Dodge: Press R and direction allows Pokémon to dodge in air. Uses some flight.
  • Dodge: Pressing R and left or right allows Pokémon to dodge on ground. Some Pokémon have special dodges like teleport.
  • Blocks: Holding R allows Pokémon to take less damage from attacks. Some Pokémon have special Blocks like Invisible Wall (Mr.Mime)
  • Parry: Pressing R on point of impact allows some Pokémon to knock back foe or stun foe instead of being knocked back.
  • Burrow: Pressing Down Down allows Pokémon to go underground. Pokémon can still be seen by burrow trail but cannot be hit by most moves. Pokémon cannot dodge while burrowed and most come up to use most attacks.
  • Quick Recover: Pressing R at the point of collision allows Pokémon to not collide or recover faster. Some Pokémon have special recovers like rebounding of colliding object.
  • Dash/Dodge Swim: Allows Pokémon to Dash and/or Dodge in water.
  • Grabs: Many Pokémon can grab. Some Pokémon can use basic or special attacks while grabbing. Some Pokémon can use throws. Grab time (how long pokemon can be grabbed for) depends on multiple factors such as Pokémon's grab, opponent's weight, mass, and health compared to trainers weight, mass and health. Up, Down, Left or Right can be used to throw and can be combo with basic or special attacks.
Stats: Attributes will be altered in various ways.
  • HP: Health points have an X% multiplier to make battle last longer.
  • Physical Attack: This will determine damage of basic attacks and Special Physical.
  • Physical Defence: Also effects basic and collision damage reduction.
  • Special Attack: This will determine Special-Special Moves Damage
  • Special Defence: No changes
  • Speed: Helps gives % bonus to move speed, dodge speed, grab speed, attack speed, and recover speed.
  • EV and IV stats will still exist in the game.
Hidden Stats: Pokémon's base hidden stats will be different for each species. Some can be altered through the Speed Stat. Some of these stats play a role in the speed, range and knockback of attacks. Some stats effects movement.
Speed Hidden Stats
Speed gives a modifier to many different hidden stats
  • Move Speed: How fast a Pokémon moves on land
  • Swim Speed: How fast a Pokémon moves in water
  • Fly Speed: How fast a Pokémon flies (Only for Pokémon that can fly)
  • Reaction Speed: How fast a Pokémon takes before using moves dodges, grabs etc.
  • Recover Speed: How fast a Pokémon takes to finish attack, dodge, grabs etc. Also effects knockback recovery.
Weight Hidden Stats
Weight gives a modifier to many different Pokémon's hidden stats
  • Knockback resistance: Defence for how far a Pokémon gets knocked backed or trip.
  • Knockback recovery: How fast a Pokémon will recover after getting knockdown.
  • Force: Bonus to how much physical moves knock back.
  • Tumble: If stunned in air determines when a Pokémon can recover mid-air.
  • Turn Speed: How fast a Pokémon can turn around. Heavier Pokémon takes longer
  • Fall Speed: How fast a Pokémon falls down, heavier weight affects fall speed
  • Jump Speed: How fast a Pokémon jumps reaches max jump height
  • Max Jump Height: How high a Pokémon can jump.
  • Traction: How much a Pokémon slides while slowing down. Heavier = less
  • Grab Time: How long a Pokémon can be held in a grab for
Attack Stats
Instead of Power, Accuracy and Special Effects when showing moves, the Power, Force, Speed and Special Effects will be shown .How an attack works is determined by the animation of hitbox and properties. The Pokémon stats affect this.
  • Start time: Animation before hitbox to activates. (Effected by reaction stat)
  • Attack range: How far the hitbox reach goes. Attacks affected by Pokémon's hitbox activate point. For example Pikachu's hitbox activate point for Thunder Punch would have less reach than Hitmonchan's
  • Attack hitbox size: How much space the attack covers on the battlefield. (Individual Pokémon's hit box for physical, custom for special or status)
  • Attack time: Animation for how long the hitbox is out for.
  • Attack Priority: Determines whether a hitbox can cancel out other hitboxes through priority rules.
  • Rebound: Determines whether a move is interrupted when it clangs with another move. (Pokémon's weight and Attack stat effect)
  • Attack Damage: Also Effect by Pokémon's Attack. (Pokemons Attack stat effect)
  • Effect: Determines possible effects burning, freezing, sleeping, poison, confuse paralyse, infatuated, flinch, leech seed etc.
  • Knockback: How far the opponent gets knocked back.(Pokemons weight and attack stat effect)
  • Angle: Angle of knockback
  • Hitbox other effects: Determines extra affects such as absorb immunity, reflect immunity, unblockable etc.)
  • Attack recovery: Animation after hitbox is gone till Pokémon is controllable again. (Attack recovery effect.)
Special Conditions (Amount of time is subject to play testing)
  • Burn: Every 5 seconds or so Pokémon loses 1/8 of its health. Pokémon's Physical attack is also halved
  • Freeze: Pokémon is immobile and can only use an attack that would thaw it. Every 5 seconds there is an 8% chance it will thaw
  • Paralysis: There is a 25% chance every 5 seconds the Pokémon will stop what it is doing (Even mid attack) Pokémon's speed is reduced by 50%
  • Poison: Every 5 seconds the Pokémon loses 1/8 health
  • Badly Poisoned: Every 5 seconds The Pokémon loses 1/16th Max HP for the first turn and then adds 1/16th to the amount to be lost so on 2nd turn 2/16th, 3rd 3/16th and so on until the Pokémon faints
  • Sleep: The Pokémon is immobile and cannot attack for anywhere from 5-35 seconds
  • Attract: Only works on opposite gender. Each attack has a 50% chance to make the Pokémon not attack for 5 seconds.
  • Confusion: For 5-20 seconds each attack has a 50% to attack itself instead. If no attack is attempting within 5 seconds there still is a 50% the Pokémon will attack itself
  • Curse: Pokémon loses 1/4 it's health every 5 seconds

TheWanap

Developing: Pokemon: Cursed Time
Years
Pokemon Cursed Time (need a team!)

Hi everyone. I'm 15 years old Finnish boy who would like to introduce you my new Pokemon game called Cursed Time (I'm making it with Poccil's Pokemon Essentials, RPG maker XP). I'm working this wirh my IRl friend already.

Well, now let's get into the story:

Story:

You see a dream, where three custom starters goes around and marvel at you. Then you woke up in somebody's house (not sure yet who's house) and then he/she tells you what have happened before you got asleep. A little, poor town got attacked by the Opaza grunts, and they used one of the most powerful Pokemon on earth to help them destroy and occupy the Callow region. However, your mom Azura battled bravely and powerfully with other gym leaders and elite four guys against the team Opaza and the powerful Pokemon. The rumor says that your mom was one of the greatest trainers ever.
Then the legendary Pokemon that Opaza grunts used escaped from Opaza and settled down in a high mountain's top (Time Pillars). After that no-one has seen that Pokemon or Opaza grunts.

You begin your adventure in a town which is North-East of the Callow-region. There's a abstracted young professor called Kenth, who have big eyeglasses and he is quite short and dressed in big white laboratory jacket. He will help you in your journey and probably is your rival.

Ok I think there was the story. Now let's get into the features:

Features:

• AT LEAST 9 new fakemon (starters) and a new legendary
  • new Callow region
  • Genereation I-V Pokemons
  • Autorun (like in HG/SS)
  • Set your own controls (you can yourself seth the controls what you like)
  • Graphics will be B/W and HGSS styled (we make own houses etc. ofcourse)
Well, I think this was all, please reply if you like the idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Hello Yellow, I am DJTiKi, and this is Pokemon Destiny and Hope. This is a game I plan on creating using Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker VX.
Im not a frequent pokecommunity poster, being how I recently registered, which is weird, considering that I have followed this site for ages. Being how Pokemon Essentials upgraded to 13v, and i have been writing this project of mine. I was planning to seize the moment and start taking action. But writing is still going, and my PC broke :( , so Im using this moment on my android to continue writing all the while of making this Project known(and so my ideas arent stolen, hopefully). While I cannot give you ALL the features and stuff, what I give you fine people are stuff that came up in planning. When I finally get enough stuff done to post screemshots, i will give u gives the mist info possible. But enough about me, here is Pokemon Destiny/Hope:

Pokemon Destiny and Hope Plot

Spoiler:

Features:
Spoiler:

Character Bios:
Spoiler:

TYPE CHANGING STUFF:

Spoiler:

The attached file is the Estino Region Map
Tell me what u think about it, anything that should be in, it would be nice, considering they're no screenshots.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I wanted to make a game that has a real-life aspect to it, there are no limitations on what can happen in this game. Death, theft, destruction, you name it. I feel as though I have a solid intro or the story, and I also have some beginning events to start working towards a main story, but I'm having trouble getting ideas for motivation of the player and what the end goal is, why the main character feels the need to do anything in this world. I've begun some mapping production and character creation, but this is a brand new project so I haven't gotten too far yet.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
This is just an Idea, but suppose the trainer and pokemon could somehow link consciousness so that you could control the pokemon during battles. Suppose it is an MMORPG and you actually fight as your pokemon with your assigned moves on each of four controller buttons. Make pokemon require real time skill. The game mechanics would be pretty difficult to get with so many moves out there and so many species, but the game has come this far we just need it free roaming. Expansions to realms would be extra. You would be able to have battles with friends across line and have tournaments online between in game characters. That is pretty much the idea post add-ons or thoughts if you have. I think this idea if done right would be one of the best games ever conceived.

Years
Pokemon: Lyrics of Time

"Fly,soar. The lines of time,from life it pours.
Sing,cheer. Idelia's melody holds hearts dear."

...Such is the motto of Idelia,the Island of Songs.(based on Greenland) You wake up in the late night,roughly woken up by the blaring choruses of songs outside the house. As you peer out the magnificent view of your 2nd Floor wall-window,the great panel standing in the middle of Coolusk Village(from Kulusuk) or Aleuspa Village(from Alluitsup Paa)lights up. The smiling figure of the famous,smart,cunning and shrewd Superstar and Professor,Leah Von Sedge of New Nook City(from Nuuk City),better known as her celebrity nickname "Nukaster Will"(from Greenland Celebrity,Nukaka Coster-Waldau)blares on the screen,and introduces a kind offer of taking care of 3 Pokemon which she had recently received to study,loaned to 3 lucky teenagers for 2 weeks to foster and observe chosen from a lucky draw.

Your mother,having been a teacher of her when she was young,is overly enthusiastic and cheats a little by making a call to her. You obviously get in with your mother's help,but unfortunately,so does your pen-pal and rival on the other side of the region,Janua/Dece,and two other teenagers,one a peppy and cheerful boy named Feb,and a mysterious girl,called Jul,whom you discover is either a severe victim of Schizophrenia,or is just a complete weirdo talking to herself. Soon after,Feb also starts acting strangely..Who are they,and do they have anything to do with the mysterious turn ups of a notorious Team Minuet..? In time,nothing is set in Stone... And in time... History likes to repeat itself...

"January's child looks on with hope,
July's child finds it hard to cope
December's child mourns the past
February's child loves love's..."
..? The rest of the note is torn off... (HINT: Use View Image on Feb's pic)
=================
(DO NOT STEAL any designs or sprites below!)
Protagonists:
(The Counterpart of the Protagonist you choose is a Rival,like in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
who_by_silverrio_d7c0o38_by_silverrio-d7lsbhd.png
mournful_dece_by_silverrio-d7lsald.png

~Dece E.(Embers) Winters =from December
untitled_drawing_by_silverrio-d794nex.png

~Janua A.(Ari) Springville =from January
januari_by_silverrio-d7cztt3.png
hopeful_jan_logo_by_silverrio-d7kzxog.jpg

=================
Rivals:

stonewhistler_jul_logo_by_silverrio-d7injaw.jpg
~Jul L.(Leah) Autumne =from July

love_s_contrast_feb_logo_by_silverrio-d7injag.jpg