• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
giphy.gif

> w h y

I hate the fact that Bard feels the inherent need to be an idiot and shoot someone for the sake of upholding a meta narrative of whimsy. I also hate that I'm more inclined believe his role claim, and that we're about to lose an interesting role like Castform in addition to Cop and Doctor because "lol, im bard and have to shoot the gun!!"

I can get behind shooting Day 1 if there is logic behind it, but this was obviously random, which only in rare luck-based circumstances actually helps the town. I guess I'll stick with [Lynch] Salzorrah, because her vote - as Alex pointed out - seems like a "coast is clear to kill the innocent idiot," and I don't believe in killing an innocent just for the sake of form. Also, it feels like too many people are hopping aboard the Bard train too easily for it to be legitimately mafia? Bad vibes.

Where have all the good babes gone and, where are all the gods?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
It's more than likely that Bard is actually Castform, and there's a low chance of him having been culted already.

Do we really want to go into day two with four townies dead? It's not guaranteed that we'll hit a mafia either way, but we're more likely to make some progress if we ignore Bard for the time being.

In a game of 21, with a potential cult (and potentially a vanilla mafia member or two, since Cat Dog got more players than he initially asked for), losing four townies in two days and potentially two to the cult could leave as at 12 v 4 v 1 at best or 8 v 6 v 3 (though more likely 10 v 4 v 3) at worst going into day two.

So I'd like to actually do some scumhunting rather than taking the easy and very manipulable bandwagon on Bard that will honestly get us nowhere.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I'm just wary of Bard since he has done this play before as third party (and won at that too) and I think he's capable of doing it again as maf. Now, since he did claim Castform, and no one CC'd him, I guess I can retract that vote now. (psst you guys should retract your votes off me pls unless you want another fucking inno gone)

I do want to say I'm suss of Hypermorian tho, and jumping on the Gunner wagon. Looking at his post, it looks like he is contributing, but what is your reason for going at me hmm?? He just stated something fairly obvious, then proceeds to vote me without any thought, doesn't add up.

[unvote] Bardothren
[vote] Hypermorian

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Ah.... As much as I wanna beat the tar out of Bard for being, in Cid Highwind's immortal words, a dumb*ss, I can't really refute anyone's logic here. I guess I'll withdraw my vote.

[Unvote] Bardothren

You'll still got at least one dope slap coming though Bard. >:(

Though if what Bard says is correct it looks like my guesses might be right. He can make the weather change, and his ability changes depending on the weather. We might be able to use this though, if we can determine how many votes get cast total and who casts them. Though... I kinda doubt everyone who votes is going to be listed seperately. That's kinda overpowered.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
If CatDog does Vote counts & provides a number of votes each person has, we can narrow down who they are, provided the two affected vote differently right? They'd have one extra/ less vote than the #of people who voted for them.

mew_nani

Years
If CatDog does Vote counts & provides a number of votes each person has, we can narrow down who they are, provided the two affected vote differently right? They'd have one extra/ less vote than the #of people who voted for them.

In theory yes, though if we either get a lump sum of votes or we're not told at all we won't really be able to tell. If the mafia vote in sync for the same person it'll look completely normal to us without a list.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
And now they know about this they'll probably star voting in unison:/ No offence, but you've played somewhat poorly so far:/

mew_nani

Years
And now they know about this they'll probably star voting in unison:/ No offence, but you've played somewhat poorly so far:/
Sorry. It's what I get for being several months out of practice. ;-;

and also for not being all that good at it to begin with but that's besides the point

Nakuzami

Years
From what Bard describes, Castform's ability will mainly become useful once a mafia member has died. Then you can cancel the vote of the one whose counterpart that would get double vote is already dead.

It could also be used by forcing a tie vote between two individuals, and then whichever vote doesn't go through could have a mafia member on it. That's not likely to work, though, as the mafia could vote for the same person and it would just even out, forcing a tie anyways (and, since it would be a tie, we wouldn't know which wagon they were on). I guess you could solve this by having every single player vote for one person. Then only the double voter would be revealed, since this lynch doesn't go by majority. BUT that wouldn't work starting tomorrow either, since the mafia could have their votes counting twice already thanks to evolution. But then it could still potentially reveal someone, as they're the only ones that will be evolved by then so their kill would be more likely to go through. Both ways would give the mafia a free kill, but could reveal a mafia to us.

All in theory. tl;dr Castform won't be useful until we kill a mafia member.

@mew_nani & Abby - votes won't be shown individually, because the whole thing of evolution is that it effects vote counts, and other things that may also potentially alter votes (such as weather) would instantly reveal every relevant role around at a certain point, so it wouldn't work as a mechanic.

mew_nani

Years
OH I'm sorry, I wasn't referring to you! It was bard, I swear.

Oh. Well the above points still apply. kill me please DX

Honestly I favor Naku's plan. We can only use it once today anyway, so why not use it while we can? Kinda beats a random Day 1 bandwagon that more likely than not will get a townie killed and/or revealed for the mafia to take down later. It's risky, but not that much more so than the usual day 1 stratagem.

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
2 things:

Are we sure CatDog would say if it was a tied vote?

Are we sure no roles start with multiple votes?

mew_nani

Years
2 things:

Are we sure CatDog would say if it was a tied vote?

Are we sure no roles start with multiple votes?

No, and no. In theory if the mafia is the only group with a member with double voting power, there shouldn't be a tie since one person will get two votes and get lynched. If there is more than one there will probably be a tie, and I have no idea what will happen and if we'll get told what transpired.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Current thoughts:

- I think the gimmick of evolution ties strongly with voting power, so I wouldn't presume anyone starts with more than one vote.
- I like the idea of Feebas and Magikarp starting out with zero votes in theory, but wouldn't that make the mafia really overpowered?
- Looking at Eevee, maybe when it evolves, it's also prone to Castform's weather conditions?

That is all.​

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
ok, catching up
Not just any item
6.%20evil.gif
inb4 Bard is actually a Werewolf again somehow and got a gun from Pecilia nevermind the fact that Pecilia isn't even in this game

Noting posts #65-67 for later

blah blah role spec blah blah (sorry, it's just this doesn't really do anything for me in terms of reads, nothing here really makes me lean either way on anyone for the most part)
I'd say that post has nani leaning town-sided to me though, even if it's a little confusing
Why, exactly? All of nani's posts so far have just been role speculation... anyone can do that regardless of alignment
Sorry. Like I said my forte more revolves around how the Pokemon work outside of this game than they do in it. I'm not all that good with determining roles yet.
3.%20frown.gif

So... what on earth does that make Stunfisk? Is there some meme related component I'm not aware of?
19.%20confused.gif
nani, what do you think of Doof leaning town on you even though you've only posted role speculation so far?

Well, this question is kind of useless now...

Page 5 - ok, interesting things happening!

Kind of get town vibes from Gunner somehow, not sure why
I'm not too sure, but is it possible for the Wobbuffet to have something similar to using either Counter or Mirror Coat? Like one does one thing, the other does something else and you have to try to choose the right one?
Feels slightly weird to see this post pop up when the discussion is starting to focus on Bard and people are starting to make votes, Alternative is a new player though I believe so it could just be a new player unsure about what's happening?
Welp.
This sucks but what I see here is typical Bard behavior, unless things changed while I was gone.
Was there ever a game where Bard hesitated to yolo use a gun? No.
Was there anything indicating Doof was the cop so Bard would have a reason to shoot him? Also no.
Even if he knew, would he declare he would be firing his gun while it's only 50% to reveal him? Once again, no.

So what's going on here exactly? I'm looking at Gunner and gp the most at the moment. Mostly at Gunner cuz scum gp would try to at least include logic in his judgement so he doesn't make himself too obvious.

Gunner's post was just a vote. It feels like she was looking for a reason to vote someone and get away with it.

[Vote] Salzorrah
I mean yeah, I see what you're saying here about Bard, but what makes Gunner's vote so bad? Why is it worse than Nero's or Nani's?

You make a good point in #113. I also see the line about Gunner there, but I feel like it only half-answers my question

I like what Johnny's saying on this page so far too

stopped at #116 for now, will finish in a little bit

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

LNjvp.png

Event - The Temple of Mew

Whilst most of the Pokemon on the island were arguing about a dead Ditto and the critter who shot it, a bright light suddenly emerged from one of the caves inland. Seized with adrenaline, the island's inhabitants raced towards it, only to discover the bright light was coming from one of the most legendary Pokemon of all, which spoke out in a chirpy - yet booming - voice:

"I am Mew. Long ago, this island was filled with Pokemon like yourselves who frolicked and played and had the times of their lives. However, one by one, they all died without laying any eggs, leaving the island deserted for a thousand years. Though I can learn every move in existence, that does not make up for my intense loneliness during this time.

To celebrate your arrival, I will give a special item to the Pokemon who can tell me the best story involving other Pokemon. Please tell me a short story involving one Pokemon for each letter of the English alphabet (English Pokemon names only, please - I may be old, but languages were never my forte). Points will be awarded for plot, the likelihood of the Pokemon in your story interacting with each other, and adherence to standard spelling/grammar rules. The Pokemon who regales the best story by the close of day will receive the item.

I look forward to hearing your stories of Pokemon old and new, for I am Mew, and I am a poet, wouldn't you know it?"

--------------------​

Vote tally so far

Bardothren - gimmepie, Nero, Johnny, Radiating
Salzorrah - Alex Kaz, HyperMorian, Who's Kiyo?
HyperMorian - Salzorrah

Yet to vote - Abby, Alternative, Bardothren, Fletch, jdthebud, mew_nani, Nakuzami, NightKrow, Superjolt, symire, Uzumaki Naruto

Gentle reminder that the vote tally above does not reflect how many votes each player has.

Day will end in 24 hours time, at 10:00pm BST on Saturday 22 April. Please ensure that you get your lynch votes, and stories for Mew, in before the deadline.
Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
  2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
  3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
  4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
  5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
  6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
  7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
  8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
  9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
  10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
  11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
  12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
  13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
The PokeDex

Mr Cat Dog as Professor Oak​

Johnny as ???
Abby as ???
NightKrow as ???
Aaron as Porygon
Fletch as ???
Radiating as ???
gimmepie as ???
Nakuzami as ???
Alex Kaz as ???
Salzorrah as ???
HyperMorian as ???
Superjolt as ???
Uzumaki Naruto as ???
Alternative as ???
Nero as ???
jdthebud as ???
Bardothren as ???
symire as ???
Bidoof FTW as Ditto
mew_nani as ???
Who's Kiyo? as ???

Nakuzami

Years
I like the idea of Feebas and Magikarp starting out with zero votes in theory, but wouldn't that make the mafia really overpowered?

Perhaps, but

Voting
Further to the above, in addition to amending certain players' actions, evolution will also impact lynch votes. Certain Pokemon will start off the game with their votes not counting towards the final total; evolved Pokemon have the potential for their votes to count more than once. There will be other, hidden, ways of votes being manipulated also throughout the game.

Also how long is left in the day bc ofc this event pops up the moment I go to where I won't have access to my laptop for 24 hours

Back