• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPods, made well

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Well I thought to put up a thread about the iPod's ability to be a tank. Tell your iPod stories here.

My iPod Has been in the washing machine 10 times and it still works well, all it seems to do when it gets wet is lose its charge.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
I always thought most iPods looked quite delicate, and I'm really, really careful with mine o.o

I've only had two Nanos though.

Years
I'd have to disagree. I dropped both of my old iPod Minis, and they both stopped working immediately afterwards. My 5.5 gen iPod and my 2nd gen Touch, however, are working fine. My biggest complaint is that the panelling gets scratched really easily. :|

Aljam

Years
Wow. A funny thing about the nano. My friend got pissed off one day and threw his ipod nano at the wall. The ending result was a big chip in the wall and an iPod that remained the same. The same iPod that has been in the wash (it's a shuffle 2) has been thrown multiple times at stuff as well.

I'd have to disagree. I dropped both of my old iPod Minis, and they both stopped working immediately afterwards. My 5.5 gen iPod and my 2nd gen Touch, however, are working fine. My biggest complaint is that the panelling gets scratched really easily. :|

I guess it depends on the iPod...

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
Archon I can't tell if you're talking about a Nano or a Shuffle in that post, or two different iPods =|

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
My iPod Touch crashed every time I listened to music and did something else. But it was also used before I had it, so the person could have jailbroken it and damaged the hardware/dropped it and damaged it's components/etc.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
The worst beating my 1st gen iPod touch has taken was falling off my desk. I tend to take good care of my stuff, I would never put it in the wash, never throw it, and so on. Unlike some people, I had to buy my iPod, my parents don't buy me random things like that. Since I had to work for it I tend to take care of it.

Years
My friend's sister dropped hers on the tile floor and it wouldn't turn back on again. It was one of those skinny ones that come in all the different colors. Apparently it didn't even hit that hard. XD

Is this iPod-specific, or any MP3 player? Meh, I'm assuming the latter.

My RCA Pearl went through the washing machine and sat in the wet clothes for like 6 hours, with no more damage than a scratched screen. My 30GB Zune also falls onto concrete floors at work on a near-weekly basis, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Aljam

Years
Archon I can't tell if you're talking about a Nano or a Shuffle in that post, or two different iPods =|

Sorry for being unclear :0 I was lacking sleep XD In that post I was talking about both. My friend had a nano. and I have a shuffle. I was talking about both...

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
Years
i have never broken my big chunky ipod despite how many times i drop it, and despite the amount of chips in it the screen remains untouched (more luck than engineering.)

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
On my Nano (3rd Gen, Fat), it's dropped a couple of times, but not from a massive height, more like a foot (not even).
The only thing I dislike about it is that the back paneling gets scratched easily, and my case seems to help it get scratched.
It works fine, though I think it's battery life is dying.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
My old nano lasted ages but I decided to stop using it.. my Chromatic I currently use crashes a bit and I've treated it very well. However I'm getting a touch for my birthday so I wonder how that'll be..

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I forget which generation my iPod is (5G?) but it's the first generation of the video-enabled iPods. It's been dropped a fair few times (though only once or twice without a hard plastic case) and it still works okay.

I wouldn't say they're amazingly well made or not. They certainly don't feel or look very durable and they scratch oh so easily. :( However I don't know anyone who treats their mp3 player with anything but the utmost care so...

Back