• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokédex for iOS Devices announced

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
pokedex2.jpg

So apparently Nintendo finally decided to release something useful for mobile devices. No word as to whether or not this is Japan only, but it seems likely that this will receive an international release at some point.
Thoughts?

Source: Serebii

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
...this better not make my Pokedex 3D Pro obsolete. Spent 15 dollars on that thing.
This news in a vacuum however, is good news, haha.

Pinta77

looks better then the 3ds one. I would love having that on my iphone!

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
It would be perfect if it didn't cost about $20 to get the full Pokedex (the five generations). By buying only the app, you're only able to check 5th gen Pokemon data, if you want the old generations you have to make a in-app purchase and buy each generation.

So, as I said, it would be better if it was cheaper according to the quality of the app. I'm not paying $20 for a Pokedex that only shows a few bars about Pokemon's stats and some basic information.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can has on iPhone? ;-; I personally just prefer opening up Safari and using Serebii or Bulbapedia as my Pokedex though. No need to pay for one, but this is pretty cool still.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Looks useless as hell. Doesn't even list the EV values of pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Yeah, I can't really see a use for this o.O I certainly wouldn't pay for it, either.

EDIT: Oh, and it's only for iCraps. Don't know why that surprises me, but still. Screw iPhones and the rest of them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys. Let's keep this thread clean, shall we? If you want to insult Apple, you can do so elsewhere, cause this isn't really the place, nor is it necessary. Thanks!

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Well, in case anyone was wondering, the app is out today!
So, I got a look at the in-app purchase Pokédex expansions and wow, they are insanely expensive. $6 a pop. That is $26 total if you want the entire app which is an insane price for a simple game resource.

Last edited:

IWearHatsIndoors

They're comfy and easy to wear
Years
This does look pretty sweet... I'm considering... but that £20 price tag for EVERYTHING looks a bit... steep for me :I
Maybe I'll look into getting it if I get an iTunes gift card for Christmas, but I've only gota very limited space on my phone because of too much music. And I could just get a third party one for free, but its not the same... is it? :I

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It's a good , sound idea, but it's $25 bucks for the complete Pokedex. Whereas , I can go on to Bulbapedia and look up the same info and more for free. So why bother?

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
Well it seems like a good idea, but $25? Really? As has been said before, I can go get the info off bulbapedia or serebii. Also, I think Jailbroken iOS (am I allowed to mention that)? Has a variety of these (thirdparty ones) available for free.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My only question is: why are they releasing a Pokedex for iOS? I thought Nintendo will only release features of their property exclusive to their own systems, not on their competition?

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
I've downloaded the Ultédex on my iPhone4 and it's only $2.99 for any information you need to know. I can post done screen shots if it. It's very useful.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Christ, that's expensive. Absolute no from me. Can get the same thing online for free, etc.

My only question is: why are they releasing a Pokedex for iOS? I thought Nintendo will only release features of their property exclusive to their own systems, not on their competition?

Devices running iOS aren't games consoles. They have the ability to play games but they're a totally different market from Nintendo's handheld consoles; not competition imo. Also, the application wasn't even made by Nintendo. It was made by The Pokémon Company, according to the App Store, so Nintendo wouldn't have any real say in the matter even if iOS devices were competition.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I'd rather buy the 3DS Pokedex Pro. 25 bucks is a total ripoff, especially the price of the other 4 regions when Unova's is cheaper. They should've made each region cost the same as the app at least.

Years
Maybe if it came out for Android, and was actually helpful when I'm playing the games, and I only had to make one reasonably priced purchase, otherwise it's a big no from me. I can get all the information on Bulbapedia and Serebii.

Back