• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use your Togepi?

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
I never even got around to hatching my Togepi egg haha! :P Not too sure why, maybe because I used Togekiss in Platinum and I didn't feel like using it again. But anyway if I ever restarted I probably would hatch it, Togekiss makes a decent Flying-type Pokemon. :)

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I never even got around to hatching my Togepi egg haha! :P Not too sure why, maybe because I used Togekiss in Platinum and I didn't feel like using it again. But anyway If I ever restarted I probably would hatch it, Togekiss makes a decent Flying-type Pokemon. :)

Don't you have to hatch it to get a plot phone call from Elm (and go and show it to him)? Or was that just a side-quest?

Haven't played or touched HGSS or G/S/C in at least two years so that bit's kinda hazy. I just remember that phone call: "How's the egg doing?\n...\nWhat? It hatched?"

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Don't you have to hatch it to get a plot phone call from Elm (and go and show it to him)? Or was that just a side-quest?
Yeh it's a side quest! XD After obtaining the first Gym badge one of Elm's assistants will give the player the egg to hatch. You can then choose to hatch it, box it, whatever you like and it won't impact on your game progress. :)

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I did not use him to play through the game, even though he's super cute and I love him! I did level him a little to try to breed wish as an egg move to a pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I used it quite alot after I got it, I can't remember but it leveled up slowly for some reason, It eventually got too hard to train it. D: I used it though, It's still a Togepi because friendship levels don't like me, and my game is broken. It's still a permanent team member though.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yup, I used it and when it evolved it was quite helpful since it was the only PKMN who could learn Fly in my past team.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Usually no, but it's exactly for that reason that I did for a while in Platinum. I thought it would be unique to make it my flyer instead of a bird pokemon (and for some reason until I recently restarted my Pearl I had been avoiding using Starly). It is now an almost level 50 togetic, maybe even a bit past. Unfortunately it doesn't have very good special defense, so doesn't last too long in battle hence why I had to give it up. It does happen to be my only flyer though so while I have not been using it for a while now, I have to withdrawal it to fly.

I also briefly trained the one I received in Soul Silver, up to level 18 or 19. It's extrasensory came in some handy, it actually managed to beat my rivals zubat in Azalea. This one has much better defense.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think I did once! I like the addition of Extrasensory omg. But I love the Togepi line, so I'm pretty sure I have used it once in HGSS. Togekiss is one of my favorite Pokemon. :) <3 It's adorable and even MORE adorable in plushie form.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
The first time through Platinum and HeartGold I used it...Platinum because I'd never had one before (I somehow missed the egg in the Sevii Islands in LeafGreen), HeartGold because I saw it had Extrasensory, and Gold in PokéSpe has one. My last run through HeartGold also featured a Togepi in my team. It's now a Togekiss around lv.80. In that one it was definitely a lot of fun to use, especially when it learned Double Edge, as its ability is Hustle (competitively awful, but in-game the risk is fun).

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
That Togepi in Professor Elm's egg is so underpowered, I wouldn't even use it for breeding stock (let alone in battle). Note to self: if I ever hack HG/SS, make sure gift Pokémon get decent stats!

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
i used togepi, togetic & togekiss.

he's never used as a party member but when I'm catching weaker wild pokemon, thats when he shines. because moves like yawn, and sweet kiss. i can hurt them without doing massive damage, plus putting them to sleep helps alot. he's always going to be a proud member of my team. :)

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
When I originally played silver I boxed it because togetic is kind of underwhelming. But togekis is a great Pokemon. I kept it in my first play through of soul silver.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
In HG, I used him a lot, don't remember when I switched him out. It's very possible I took him to the 1st E4. I don't remember though.

Back