• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Awesome Map Editor (AME)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Sorry for not helping with this project (because I don't understand this programing language sufficient to help), but I have some suggestions:

1 - A way to insert animated tiles;
2 - An improved triple layer system (or more than 3 if possible);
3 - A better World Map Editor with possibility of editing its design;
4 - An improved Door Manager;
5 - Copy/Cut/Paste blocks (sometimes needs to do some blocks with the same tiles with a different behavior byte or something else, or simply moving blocks to adjust the way you want).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
I was wondering if we have some sort of ETA on this project, I would LOVE to use it, but unfortunately I can't build it cause I am a noob. With that being said, will the final tool support expanded Pokedex wild encounters? It's a feature most tools out there miss and would appreciate it being here. Good going so far, keep it up!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2018
This project is not dead. It's just that Diego and me are lacking time (as for me, I do a full-time study and need to do a full-time job simutaneously in order to survive, I work 80-90 hours per week) and working on this project does not have a high priority for us. We will, in case we have some spare time during summer vacation, continue working on this.

Best regards,
Pokedude

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
why don't you expand the team?

Why don't you join the team?

The code is publicly available on github and they accept pull requests, so everybody who wants, can work on this.
...Provided that he has the programming skills or enough free time to learn them. Also: Even if you have some programming knowledge, understanding a project with more then 20000 lines of code so far takes some time too.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
Why don't you join the team?

The code is publicly available on github and they accept pull requests, so everybody who wants, can work on this.
...Provided that he has the programming skills or enough free time to learn them. Also: Even if you have some programming knowledge, understanding a project with more then 20000 lines of code so far takes some time too.

Yeah, i barely have any programming knowledge lol, otherwise i would

Years
I was told on a thread this was cross platform and supported android too. I'm interested! Will there be a Wii version (for homebrew)?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Sorry for not helping with this project (because I don't understand this programing language sufficient to help), but I have some suggestions:

1 - A way to insert animated tiles;
2 - An improved triple layer system (or more than 3 if possible);
3 - A better World Map Editor with possibility of editing its design;
4 - An improved Door Manager;
5 - Copy/Cut/Paste blocks (sometimes needs to do some blocks with the same tiles with a different behavior byte or something else, or simply moving blocks to adjust the way you want).
1. Already planned!
2. More than three layers isn't possible due to hardware restrictions, but the triple-layer system is definitely coming to AME!
3. This one's definitely possible but tricky. Yes A-Map had one, but it was extremely unstable and would error out if a butterfly so much as flapped its wings within a 50-mile radius of your ROM.
4. Definitely!
5. I'd consider that a pretty basic feature (even A-Map has it) so it's definitely being included!
I was wondering if we have some sort of ETA on this project, I would LOVE to use it, but unfortunately I can't build it cause I am a noob. With that being said, will the final tool support expanded Pokedex wild encounters? It's a feature most tools out there miss and would appreciate it being here. Good going so far, keep it up!
No ETA, sorry, but it will support expanded everything simply as a consequence of how we're building it.
Is this project dead like MEH?

This project is not dead. It's just that Diego and me are lacking time (as for me, I do a full-time study and need to do a full-time job simutaneously in order to survive, I work 80-90 hours per week) and working on this project does not have a high priority for us. We will, in case we have some spare time during summer vacation, continue working on this.

Best regards,
Pokedude
Basically what Pokedude said, but I'll elaborate more on this further below.
I was told on a thread this was cross platform and supported android too. I'm interested! Will there be a Wii version (for homebrew)?
Cross-platform yes, but Android? Technically the framework supports it but the small screen of a phone is generally not conducive to such things as ROM hacking. If anyone wants to prototype such a thing though I'd gladly look into it. And Wii support?! Definitely not.

I've just made a new blog post which has information on the current state of AME development, please read it if you're interested: https://domoreaweso.me/blog/the-everything-update

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
question, all I can see in the downloads is the source code

as I am just a tool user, barely getting by with simple hex editing (to be more exact, without a tutorial I have no clue on what to do with hex)
i have no idea how to use the source code to get the editor itself

is there a way, if so how
and if not, can someone guide me to a tool that allows me to change wild pokemon data (so that i can for example make version exclusive of leaf green appear in their natural area in fire red)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
question, all I can see in the downloads is the source code

as I am just a tool user, barely getting by with simple hex editing (to be more exact, without a tutorial I have no clue on what to do with hex)
i have no idea how to use the source code to get the editor itself

is there a way, if so how
and if not, can someone guide me to a tool that allows me to change wild pokemon data (so that i can for example make version exclusive of leaf green appear in their natural area in fire red)

AME isn't released yet. There's no official working program atm. You still need to use AdvanceMap for the time being, unfortunately.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
AME is not even compling able for me on Visual studio enterprise 2017 is give me what ever this "qtcore/qtglobal: no such file or directory" at config.hpp means on include missing that folder what ever. What is QT/QTCore does this use for Linux? I find on google about "Qtcore" nothing really more like only an page how use the code in c++

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
Ok it works but i get still compling error while i dont know what i need set the Kits thing
Spoiler:
i use Microsoft Visual C ++ Compiler 15.0 (x86) on the kits thing.
And the Cmake one yaml-cpp i get still this "qtcore/qtglobal: no such file or directory" on visual studio can somebody compling the yaml-cpp.lib?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
Do you know when this is gonna be released?
I really want to do a Pokemon Firered version with all 802 Pokemon with the Alolan Pokemon
(I have a resource with them)

Back