• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Totally Awesome Pokemon Untitled Idea

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Sorry, just gotta update quickly.

A new ability: Last Straw Bomber, if a Pokémon with this ability is hit by a Critical Hit, it faints, with the aftershocks damaging the opponent.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Just a tiny update...

Ninetales and Golduck are now part Psychic-type. This might be an interesting change.

Also, just about to reveal that the Dowsing Machine will be in this game. However, rather than locating hidden items, it just searches the area for items. This is like the item hunting game in the PokeWalker.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Minor update, I don't want to see this thread die.

Added some type combinations for the Pokedex, beware of suprises.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
OK, since Maruno no longer accepts further threads for ideas that have no proof of being made into an actual game, I will have to update this thread more often.

Just a minor update, Last Straw Bomber is actually named "Destiny Bomber". If a Pokémon with this ability is Knocked Out by an attack, the aftershocks will damage the opponent. It doesn't need to be a Critical Hit. That was an error on my part.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
News Flash!

Remember how I said Slugma is too hot to touch. Well, Cryogonal is too cold to touch. Enter its signature ability, "Subzero Skin". Again, contact making moves won't damage Cryogonal, instead, the opposing Pokémon becomes unable to move due to the freezingly low body temperature.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Uh-oh. More news on it's way.

Cryogonal was said to be too cold to touch. But, this is nothing compared to Regice. It can solidify even air, definitely too cold to touch. That's right folks, Subzero Skin isn't exclusive to Cryogonal.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
New Ablities: Firm Skin and Trash Skin.

Firm Skin halves any damage done from an opponents contacting move.

If a Pokémon uses a move that makes contact on a Pokemon with Trash Skin, the Trash Skin Pokémon still takes damage, but the attacker's Speed decreases.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
You see what I would do, is limit he variety of pokemon, not having it extend to legendaries or just crummy pokemon(no one wants Unown) Its should be pokemon who can at least evolve once. And also to make wild pokemon extremely specific, and preventing routes and trainers with a certain pokemon species or types, and pokemon with immunties MUST BE minimal. A poison type starter in a steel gym, will be BRUTAL. And HMs must be non required, and wild encounter chances must be EXTREMELY varient. But other than that, im very intrested on how this will turn out. :)

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Way to point it out. However, there isn't any idealization of a Pokemon League, so no Gyms or stuff like that. Therefore, there is almost a lack of a storyline.

Minor update: A new ability known as "Bedwetter" has been confirmed. Use a super-effective move on such a Pokemon when its asleep, and it will automatically wake up. Sleep Talk users should avoid this Ability if possible.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
New ability. Release!

When HP is low, the opponent becomes frozen upon being attacked.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Wow, with there not being gyms, developing a story line is difficult. Unfortunately, I can't reboot this thread due to Maruno rewriting the rules.

Anyway, new feature called "Fake Pokemon". I'm not talking about custom-made Pokemon (a.k.a. Fakemon, there WILL still be none of those), but you'll see what I will be talking about...

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
"Wild Ice" ability revealed. The ability is exclusive to Spheal, Sealeo, and Walrein. This prevents Fire-type attacks from even damaging the Pokemon.

Matsjo

How Does I Pokéballer
Years
Isn't it maybe time to start mapping a starting area? If you know what you want to do with like 6-8 Pokémon you can program them and start making a demo. Announcing singular Abilities probably won't get you off the ground.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Isn't it maybe time to start mapping a starting area? If you know what you want to do with like 6-8 Pokémon you can program them and start making a demo. Announcing singular Abilities probably won't get you off the ground.

That would sound like a good start, but I am not sure how to make it into an actual game. Getting this idea off the ground is gonna be tougher than I though...

Unfortunately, I'm limiting it to just minor updates until then.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
If you're not going to show evidence that you're actually making a game soon (i.e. in-game screenshots), then I'm going to have to close this thread. What you've done so far is just talk, which I'm sure is great for you but it's no more than a fantasy until you actually start making something with it.

Back