• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melves

up in the air.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
I just hope someone here adores Adventure Time as much as I do!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Toujours loves Adventure Time. In fact, if you listen very closely, you can hear her being stirred awake at its mere mention!

Melves

up in the air.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
That's awesome, finding someone that 'passionate' about this show. Despite its weird art and mixed, misleading innuendos, it has a bunch of hilarious moments and a grotesque yet simple storyline.

The theme song is awesome. Jake's rubbery body is awesome. The occasional Flinn rapping is awesome. Too awesome.

Enough about this, I have something to ask: does anybody watch Terra Nova, that new series? I have been getting rather different reviewing on it. I was looking for something parallel to such theme but I need an unbiased opinion first.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've heard not great things about it. Apparently the family at the centre of the show is a massive vacuum, and there aren't enough dinosaurs to sustain its flimsy premise. As well as that, the ratings it has been getting so far haven't been good enough to justify its high production costs, so it's unlikely that it'll last beyond one season, unfortunately.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I just looked it up; it's a cartoon. How can those production costs be incredibly high? Surely something live-action would cost far more to make.

Melves

up in the air.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
Well, I just watched two episodes and so far nothing remotely interesting to keep me from watching it. A good plot with poor executions.

I am watching CSI: Miami which is one of the best crime shows I have ever watched. And I watch a lot of crime shows.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Adventure Time is based in a post-apocalyptic world where Finn is the only human left and Jake is made 'magic' by radioactive waste.

And here I thought Scarf was just randomly advertising haha, there was a reason behind linking me here!

Years
Well, cartoons can get expensive to make depending on the style and quality and whether you outsource it or make it in-country.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
I like Adventure Time ...
Anyways, I'd rather keep away from some Fox shows
The only ones I really like are Simpsons, Family Guy and Wilfred. Mainly because I think they're very funny, and I like the plot.

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I watched a bit of Wilfred a while back. It was very weird and I didn't understand the ending, but it was really hilarious at points. I hope they make another series or something like that, although I doubt it. Just doesn't seem like they can go anywhere from here, unfortunately.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Revival time yeahhhhhhhh.

I'm after some pretty chill electronic music. I'm not gonna specify what subgenre right now so just give me anything you've got!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Emeralds are kinda awesome. More specifically, Does It Look Like I'm Here? is very good and streaming on Spotify. It's very chilled (so chilled that it's completely instrumental) but very electronic at the same time.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
Well, they are making a second season, to be announced July next year.
Wilfred has something I like in other shows, like South Park for example, the carelessness about choosing the right words (sometimes);

Terra Nova's going on here, I don't really think it sucks, but I don't particularly like it ...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Terra Nova and Person of Interest were two shows I check out this fall. I saw two episodes of Terra Nova, but thought it was boring. I love Person of Interest though.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
I haven't actually checked out PoI yet, might see it sometime
But I don't think I'll like it too much, I like comedy shows better

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Anyone have any recommendations for bands like Gorillaz? Not in the way they sound. I pretty much have a majority of their similar artists in my library. I mean bands that are formed the same way that feature made up characters, but use real people? I don't really know how to explain it. Virtual bands, of sorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back