• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Competitive Team

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
Haxorus (Ononokusu) [Dragon]
Nature: Adament
Moveset: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Outrage, Brick Break
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVS: 4 HP/252 ATK/ 252 SPD

Volcarona [Bug/Fire]
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Butterfly Dance, Bug Buzz, Fire Blast, Will-o-wisp
Item: Life Orb
EVS: 4 HP/ 252 SPA/252 SPD

Samurott [Water]
Natture: Timid
Moveset: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Surf
Item: Swimming Googles
EVS: 4 HP/252 SPA/252 SPD

Conkeldurr [Fighting]
Nature: Adamant
Moveset: Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Detect
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVS: 252 HP/ 252 ATK / 4 SPD

Forrothorn [ Grass/Steel]
Nature: Sassy
Movesets: Spikes, Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Protect
Item: leftovers
EVS: 252 HP/ 4 ATK/ 252 SPD

As You can see, I am missing a member of my team. Any suggestions? I was thinking of removing Samurott for a better water type? Any thoughts?

PS: SPD stands for speed.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You probably could look into a different Pokemon instead of Samurott, yes. While it is a solid Pokemon, it's simply just not anything outstanding or unique. Plus, Swimming Goggles don't exist. There are plenty of Water-types available, but my preference is a bulky Jellicent with enough speed to outrun most stall-relevant Pokemon and Taunt them before they can recover/status it. There are other options too but this is my favorite. :3

Jellicent @ Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb / Cursed Body
nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Spe / 176 Def
- Scald / Surf
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
Kay so Samurott really shouldn't be in a OU competetive team just because it is completely outclassed by Cloyster.
name: Shell Smash
move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: Icicle Spear
move 3: Rock Blast
move 4: Razor Shell / Hydro Pump
item: Life Orb / White Herb
ability: Skill Link
nature: Jolly / Naive
evs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Shell Smash is an amazing move to sweep with and it would really improve your team.
On ferrothorn replace protect with Leech seed sinc eprotect won't do you any good.

I also notice your team is Thundurus Weak:
Nasty Plot Variants will destory 4/6 of your team so you should watch out! I really do not know how to fix this issue though.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
you have volcarana with no taunt/rapid spin...
also volcarana doesn't need will-o-wisp, you want to be killing everything with it being a sweeper
ferrothorn seems a bit..pointless too, this being a more offensive team. Spikes should really be replaced with stealth rock, better on offensive teams for quicker set-up with often more damage

Back