• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What music are you currently into?

Dango

Que Sera, Sera
Years
I've been listening to a lot of anime intros recently, in particular the ones from Ef: A Tale of Memories/Melodies, Hell Girl, Black Cat, High School of the Dead, and Ergo Proxy. Some have a lot of energy to them, and then you have some mellower, darker themes to mix in here and there. Good balance for me.

As far as bands go, I just came back from Warped Tour a few days ago, so I've been into Breathe Carolina, Falling in Reverse, and Machine Gun Kelly. I knew about the first two beforehand, so MGK was the only new artist I was introduced to, but I really love his style of rapping.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I'm like that too, I'll go through different phases of music styles throughout my life, and I'll stay in that phase for a year or two before moving on. I'm in my K-Pop phase at the moment. XD
If we're talking about specific artists, I'm currently fangirling (fanboying? Nah, fangirling sounds better for some reason. XD; ) over Girls' Generation. I fell in love when I watched their Japanese PV for Mr. Taxi. <3

Bashiyoto

King of Carrot Flowers
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
I can't describe my tastes and preferences to a definite T, but I've been listening to a lot of indie/alternative/post-punk groups lately, as well as psych/prog rock and folk. I also appreciate jazz and classical.

Some of my favorite bands and artists include Akron/Family, The Avett Brothers, Blitzen Trapper, Bon Iver, Broken Social Scene, The Clash, Coldplay, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Cure, David Bowie, Dinosaur Jr., Dire Straits, The Dismemberment Plan, Donovan, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Fleet Foxes, Iron & Wine, Jefferson Airplane, Joy Division, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, The Shins, Sigur Rós, Silversun Pickups, Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, The Stone Roses, The Tallest Man on Earth, Vampire Weekend, Van Morrison, The Verve, and The White Stripes.

That's only a few.

Great taste man. I especially love NMH. I'd love to see Jeff Mangum go back to making albums instead of just playing sets in small clubs.

Bashiyoto

King of Carrot Flowers
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
I have started listen to a lot classical and Jazz. I listen to mostly underground rap and I all so listen to some dubstep.

I enjoy Jazz but my catalog is rather sparse. Mostly John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Grant Green, and Charles Mingus atm.
I still haven't gotten around to listening to that new Charles Gayle album that dropped this year.

Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I mostly listen to Björk, The Magnetic Fields, Neutral Milk Hotel, Brazilian Girls, Beach House, MF Doom, Death Grips, Astronautalis, Caravan Palace, Tegan & Sara, Andrew Jackson Jihad, and Ancient Astronauts.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I enjoy Jazz but my catalog is rather sparse. Mostly John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Grant Green, and Charles Mingus atm.
I still haven't gotten around to listening to that new Charles Gayle album that dropped this year.

Try out some Medeski, Martin, & Wood, Return to Forever, or Niechęć if you're into any Jazz Fusion. I've been digging some Niechęć lately. Absolutely amazing stuff.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't know whether I've just always been in this subset, or whether it's a new discovery, but lately nothing can really beat quirky female singer-songwriters in my book. It's partly because I've had the most recent Fiona Apple album seared into my brain with the amount of times I've played it, but in the rare moment when I'm not listening to that, I've got tUnE-yArDs or Regina Spektor or St Vincent or even - on the less 'quirky' side of things - Azaelia Banks. I don't know if this is just a phase on my part or a new awakening, but I'm really liking it so far.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
My usual music taste has spun off into a weird phase of pop and rap lately. No idea why at all since I'm usually pretty neutral on pop and won't bother going out of my way to listen to it but meh, right now I'm liking it. Rap's quite normal for me though and this is just a case of me listening to it more than usual. Although I've moved away from this again just yesterday upon rediscovering Hot Chip after forgetting about them for a couple of years. And it's awesome.

Mr Cat Dog said:
Azaelia Banks

YES

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I've been big on female rappers again because of Azealia Banks and fluffy pop music like Carly Rae Jepsen again. Also been listening to a little classical music to calm myself down.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
Currently, mostly Stone Sour and A Day To Remember. Stone Sour has an album coming next month, and judging by the first single off of it, it seems pretty damn amazing. :D
I don't really know which genre they are. They kinda combine pop with metal and rock. And it works for me. :D

Years
I'm loving deadmau5, Wolfgang Gartner, Calvin Harris, Example, Skrillex (hasn't been anything new from him in a while, to my knowledge). A bit of Benny Benassi, Steve Aoki, Avicii, Nicky Romero and.. generally electronic music. Digging Azaelia Banks too, mainly for the production in the music, but the actual rapping is pretty sick too. And although David Guetta contributed to the phase in pop music in which every song was about clubs/drinks/dancing/floors, I quite like the actual music in his songs, too.

I also love Kid Cudi, because he is just a total boss.

Years
I listen to everything from country to pop and hip-hop to metal. I tend to prefer more rock style songs though.

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Shaman's Harvest, Matchbox 20, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Hollywood Undead, Eminem, Insane Clown Posse, Hilltop Hoods, Bon-Jovi, The Beatles and Pink. I think Eclectic is an understatement...

Edit: I'm also waking up with either What Makes a Good Man by The Heavy or War by Edwin Starr in my head lately.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For the past week or so I went back to listening to my Death Metal collection, especially Cannibal Corpse, Divine Empire, and Morbid Angel.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
I change my favorite genre every month, despite my love for all types of music (expect for classical)
At the moment, it's dubstep and rockish music. More of Linkin Park, to be honest and Klaypex.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I feel really hipster saying this, but right now I'm into really off-beat songs that not a lot of people have heard of, or didn't really make it big in the mainstream. It's not because they're not mainstream - I like mainstream music as much as the next person, it's just that the way I usually stumble across these off-beat songs makes them mean more to me than most other songs.

I usually find songs through TV shows, and the way they're used in the context of the show makes me grow emotionally attached to the song as well. So that's how that works for me lol. My latest one is a really short song called "What A Pity" by Right Away, Great Captain. I found it on Grey's Anatomy haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mostly rock/pop. Bands like Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, that kind of stuff which isn't unusual for me, but also I've been starting to venture into more poppy stuff like Total Eclipse of the Heart and similar songs due to a friend of mine that listens a lot to that genre, and I must admit I'm not hating it one bit :p I feel an iTunes overhaul coming on!

Back