• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Almost done with Gundam Unicorn. It seems Whiny vascilating uber mecha pilot's are a staple, but isn't that why people love them?

You just want to hug and pet them. Give soothing words and whatnot

Years

"There's just too much talking during this entire episode, I felt like falling asleep 3/4 the way through"

Because exposition and plot sux and it's all about PEW PEW PEW AND DEE PEE EZZ

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

As much of a nostalgia trip as that is, I probably like Funi's version of the song most.
Spoiler:

After all, Dragon Ball had an incredible Funi dub as well. Dare I say it was better than Z's, and it was a lot funnier than I remember it being.

As for Cha-La Head-Cha-La, I really like the Filipino version used for the 2008 OVA, which was...random.
Spoiler:

But it's hard to beat Kageyama. He's the best person for a song like that.

Dangit! Now I'm stuck on Youtube watching old anime themes -.-

Last edited:
Years

I've been away from the home country for too long to know that GMA 7 made an English cover of Head cha la.

Although I still remember vividly how the 2001 Impeachment trial made me pissed cuz it cut right in the middle of the Android Saga. LOL

Speaking of old openings, for some reason this came to mind LOL:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Fushigi Yuugi is one of those shows I heard so much about when I was younger but never watched. It wasn't on Toonami, Fox, or WB, so it wasn't present in my pre-anime phase, and it wasn't on Anime Network or Anime Selects, so it wasn't in my "wait a minute, these aren't just cartoons!" phase.

Good times, though. I brought up DBZ because I'm rewatching the Cell Saga (and Android Saga), this time it's Uncut with Bruce Faluconer's music, and I didn't know that combo existed O_O. Man, do they know how to spread out a fight. I mean, the filler was necessary because they decided to rub up against manga releases, but...they could have had hiatus'.

Combined, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z take up 137 gigs for me...part of the reason I'm desperately in need of space even on my two TBs -.-

Years

Yeah there was a lot of Anime not shown in the US during the early 2000's but was widely circulated in Asia due to cable channels like AXN.

Stuff like this:

Wow, there was a lot of subbed Gonzo out there during the Pokemania years LOL. XD

In terms of non mainstream stuff back then in 2000 I think this was my favorite.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

We had it here but I never watched it back then, didn't interest me at all. Just Pokemanz, Sakura, Sailor Moon and Beyblade off the top of my head.

Had Kiki on video of course, watched that all the time. Can't wait to get the bluray.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I didn't watch any Ghibli back in the day. I didn't even know it existed until Toonami launched its "Month of Miyazaki" special. It had Spirited Away, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Nausicaa (which I missed), and Princess Mononoke, though it was Spirited Away that captured me the most at the time.

Then I watched ever movie that Ghibli ever created @_@

Years

I've watched a couple of Ghibli movies over the years.

I should check if I missed any.

Also started the OVA remake of Space Battleship Yamato. Maybe I should start a Space Opera marathon this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back