• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Falling asleep to music.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Absolutely! I just jam a pair of 'buds in, crank up my regular playlist of favorites and close my eyes. It's a little difficult to resist singing along to the tracks, but I end up muscling through and falling asleep everytime. I often can't fall asleep otherwise so it's all good in the 'hood.

droomph

weeb
Years
NO

I can usually "relax" with music on, but if I want to go out like sleeeeeeep I need to put it away. The earbuds-on-pillowcase sound is so annoying, and I hate the pressure.

But it usually keeps me up :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
With me, I'll just say that I rarely can get to sleep without music. So I always have music playing when I go to bed. Now, sometimes the music keeps me awake and sometimes it helps me drift to sleep, but I know that I can't fall asleep in total silence.

I do try to listen to softer music at night and that seems to help relax me... unless I simply can't get to sleep.

Years
I struggle falling asleep all together, it usually takes my body around 2 hours of rolling in bed to realise "Oh wait it's sleepy time!" and then I get drowsy.
Music helps me get to this stage faster other than watching the clock tick over.

Also I HATE fans, they're so annoying when I'm trying to sleep which is why I hate sleeping in the Summer. The sound it's just so ridiculous.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I try most of the time to fall asleep to music and usually it doesn't work I end up getting hype from the music. But I have manage to fall asleep to some Mike Posner and Frank Ocean.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Only what I look forward to doing every night! I actually get frustrated when I don't have music to fall asleep to, I've been doing it so long that it's become part of my natural sleeping routine. Put in my headphones, choose a song and slowly but surely become unconscious. I only ever sleep without music if I'm extremely exhausted and the sound of music would only serve to frustrate me & if my iPod is out of battery. It's just become so essential to my nightly sleeping cycle that I don't even bother to think about doing it anymore. Does anyone have a specific song they like to fall asleep to? Mine would hav to be Numb by Marina and the Diamonds, which is odd, because its such a vocal-strong song. Marina is literally screaming at one point (SHIIIIIIiiiiIIIIIInnnEEE/LOOKING FOR THE GOLDEN LIE/OH IT'S A REASONABLE SACRIFIIIICE/BURN BURN BURN BRIGHT) and yet when I hear this at night I seem to fall asleep instantly! God bless Marina Diamandis.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Yes I do,and it does indeed work rather well for me.
As for what I listen to...it depends on the day,it ranges anywhere from something like Ax7/Mcr/Afi (lol,wouldn't think that would help?) to soundtrack/classical/instrumental music. x)

#isthenumbersign
Years
I'll fall asleep listening to music, but I don't purposefully use it to fall asleep if that makes any sense. :P And even if it's something rowdy or upbeat, it still won't keep me awake. Usually just my headphones because everyone around me is trying to get some sleep.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't really know but id assume if you were listening to something calming and relaxing from any genre you like possibly even sad songs youd have an easier time falling asleep. I would personally use speakers though having headphones or earbuds in while sleeping id only be thinking about the wires tightening around my neck while i moved in my sleep haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I fall asleep to music sometimes, but when I do, its obviously to a soft tuned song, not a loud rock song with a lot of noise.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't listen to music when I sleep. I tried it once and it wouldn't let me close my eyes. So yeah.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I don't think i could fall asleep while listening to music unless it was really bad or just a classical melody.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
While it's all possible, I actually turn off my electronics before I go to bed so I don't think that I've tried it before... I've certainly nodded off on the bus while listening to music before though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've fallen asleep to music before. Usually it's soft classical music when I'm in my room, but I have fallen asleep to J-pop. And the J-pop wasn't very soft. And I was sleeping over at my friend's house. I don't do this any more, though. I miss it sometimes.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Music does help me sleep, because it forces me to sit in my bed with my eyes closed, and concentrate. Eventually my mind just gets tired, and I fall asleep.

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
I cannot sleep without music. I use an old CD player and I put in dance music CDs. I usually fall asleep by the third or fourth song unless I have a major case of insomnia.

Back