• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Question about the Regis... to catch Regigigas in B2/W2, do all three Regis have to be from your game? I know you need all of them to wake up Regigigas, but I can't get Registeel because I don't know anyone with B2. However, I do have a Registeel from Hoenn, will that still work?

In order to encounter Regigigas, none of them have to be from your game cart, so you can trade for any Regis you missed or transfer them from Gen III/IV.

Edit: @Sydian: the only person who gives you a bunch of Shards is the gentleman at Nimbasa, who'll give you 10 Red Shards. You'll have to find Yellow Shards randomly, sadly. They can be random consolation prizes at the PWT, random prizes at Join Avenue's Antique Shop or in the dust clouds at Relic Passage or Reversal Mountain.

Years
Does anyone know if there are any participating Walmart stores for the Pokemon BW2 DW Sinnoh Starter code promotion in the Bellevue, WA area or at least close to it?

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
I've read that trading between BW and BW2 is possible, as opposed to one-time transfers to BW2. I want to trade Genesect from White 2 to Black, reset White 2 and trade him back to White 2 from Black. I know it would register as traded and not native, but that's not a big deal. Basically, is this all correct/possible?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I've read that trading between BW and BW2 is possible, as opposed to one-time transfers to BW2. I want to trade Genesect from White 2 to Black, reset White 2 and trade him back to White 2 from Black. I know it would register as traded and not native, but that's not a big deal. Basically, is this all correct/possible?

Yes, it's possible to do that. But you still need your 1st Gym Badge in White 2 to trade.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Males don't pass over Dream World abilities.

What are the possible pass codes for the Plasma boat? I can't read my game, and I haven't noticed any numbers given out, so...lol idk how I ever did this before.

Edit: I looked them up on Serebii and have tried all the codes, even the numbers, and I still have had no success. I battled all the grunts as well.

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I know that one pass code on the boat is the either the same or opposite legendary dragon like in Black I believe Zekrom is but check Reshiram. i am presuming you have the plasma card right

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My game is Japanese, so Zekrom or Reshiram definitely aren't the passwords (in English I mean). lol And yes, I got the card. I tried all the combos that Serebii gave me and nothing worked, unless I'm reading things wrong. But I did them all about three times with no luck. So idk.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My game is Japanese, so Zekrom or Reshiram definitely aren't the passwords (in English I mean). lol And yes, I got the card. I tried all the combos that Serebii gave me and nothing worked, unless I'm reading things wrong. But I did them all about three times with no luck. So idk.

Have you tried "2202"? I think that's the password in my White 2 game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Here's an interesting question. Has anyone ever tried trading any Pokémon to B/W that are either N's Pokémon or Pkmn Dream Radar catches? I'm curious what they look like for the "where caught" status and such in that game, and clearly, while N's OT and 00002 ID are retained, I'm guessing it would not retain the statement about being owned by a powerful trainer either in B/W or upon trading back to B2/W2.

Same question could be applied to Route 19-23 catches and other new areas (Seaside Cave for instance). I already know they revert to "Faraway place". Do they get their original catch location back upon tradeback or stay that way permanently?

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I see that you have already solved it, but for the others:
(even though I have already answered this question xD)
If grunts tell you a number then the password is 'xx0x' where the x is the number in question.
If not, then the password is Zekuromu/Reshiramu in katakana (or in latin if playing English version).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I see that you have already solved it, but for the others:
(even though I have already answered this question xD)
If grunts tell you a number then the password is 'xx0x' where the x is the number in question.
If not, then the password is Zekuromu/Reshiramu in katakana (or in latin if playing English version).

Just to clarify, Zekuromu is ゼクロム and Reshiramu is レシラム. This could help if you don't know how to read Japanese. If those don't work, there are a set of numbers that could be the password, which are 2202, 7707 or 9909. If one doesn't work, try another. One is bound to be the correct password.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Here's an interesting question. Has anyone ever tried trading any Pokémon to B/W that are either N's Pokémon or Pkmn Dream Radar catches? I'm curious what they look like for the "where caught" status and such in that game, and clearly, while N's OT and 00002 ID are retained, I'm guessing it would not retain the statement about being owned by a powerful trainer either in B/W or upon trading back to B2/W2.

Same question could be applied to Route 19-23 catches and other new areas (Seaside Cave for instance). I already know they revert to "Faraway place". Do they get their original catch location back upon tradeback or stay that way permanently?

Cyclone

I don't know about N's Pokemon, but I know Dream Radar Pokemon turn into "Faraway Place." Also, I'm fairly sure that Pokemon with Faraway Place revert back to their original catch location when traded back to B2W2.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Blue shards

Is there anywhere i can find blue shards?I want 10 for night slash.I have already wasted 10 and only have 1.
I know you can get them when you fail at PWT but i want something else.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Is there anywhere i can find blue shards?I want 10 for night slash.I have already wasted 10 and only have 1.
I know you can get them when you fail at PWT but i want something else.

Night Slash isn't one of the tutor moves; I think you're talking about Dark Pulse.

Blue Shards are normally found randomly in dust clouds in Reverse Mountain and Relic Passage. They're scattered around Unova too; some are hidden. They occasionally show up in Hidden Grottoes as hidden items.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't know about N's Pokemon, but I know Dream Radar Pokemon turn into "Faraway Place." Also, I'm fairly sure that Pokemon with Faraway Place revert back to their original catch location when traded back to B2W2.
Hmm! I have about a half-dozen DW Riolu hanging around my PC, so I might take one of the weaker ones (will have to AR to find a low-IV one) and experiment with that, and perhaps clone one of N's to try it with (haven't trained Zorua yet and REALLY want that one as the one I had in Black was absolutely sensational without all 30-IV values; besides, I need to unlock Zoroark sometime).

The thing that always gets my goat is that any Route 10 catches imported to B2/W2 become "Faraway place" as well. Not really, they are still caught at Route 10, it just caved in! GF should have left Route 10 (Challenger's Cave too) as a recognized catch location.

Blue Shards are normally found randomly in dust clouds in Reverse Mountain and Relic Passage. They're scattered around Unova too; some are hidden. They occasionally show up in Hidden Grottoes as hidden items.
They're also found via Pokémon Dream Radar. Shards of all four varieties are occasional dropped items. Good way to stock up on Sun Stones and Moon Stones as well, and there are four other types you can eventually pick up including Water and Leaf Stones. I've even picked up a Max Revive, and am eager to get the Sacred Ash item sometime as I want to clone one of those in B/W after a trade.

Cyclone

Last edited:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i just had a few questions about rotation battles.
1. does fake out work when rotated in?
2. do pokemons abilitys work when they're in but not in the front?
3. can a pokemon use protect and then rotate to another that will use protect? or is it all on the same counter?
4. if a choice item user is locked into a move, then rotated out and back in again, will it still have its moves locked? and is it the same for encore?
5. does poison and burns affect pokemon that are in but not in the front?
6. is confusion cured when rotated out?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
i just had a few questions about rotation battles.
1. does fake out work when rotated in?
2. do pokemons abilitys work when they're in but not in the front?
3. can a pokemon use protect and then rotate to another that will use protect? or is it all on the same counter?
4. if a choice item user is locked into a move, then rotated out and back in again, will it still have its moves locked? and is it the same for encore?
5. does poison and burns affect pokemon that are in but not in the front?
6. is confusion cured when rotated out?
2. Abilities work for the lead Pokemon. Meaning if you have an intimidate Pokemon already out for example, intimidate would only work when put in the lead position.
3. 2 Pokemon can use protect in a row, as they are different and the likely hood of it cancelling out doesn't rise, but I would see no point as you rotate from the beginning of the move, and then use whatever you picked. Meaning if you want one Pokemon for a type advantage or whatever, clicking rotate then protect would mean it would have protect, and no one else.
4.Pretty sure they are, rotatating is not switching.
5.No, only the active lead takes any status ailment damage.
6.Nope, confusion as all status ailments stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back