• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
I'm still stuck between Slyveon being Normal or Flying-type, but I really want to see a Dragon-type Eeveeloution to appear this Gen. Hopefully it'll be Sylveon's "male counterpart."

Tilting towards Normal, though, simply because it seems like it would be a Normal-type, and the moves it used in the trailer seem to evoke an "normal-type" feel, specifically the charging-up that cuts off abruptly, which could be the new animation for Hyper Beam. Also, several Normal-type boosting items are based around bows and scarfs, so there you go.

Last edited:
Years
Why not a frigging dual-type'd eeveelution?? Something like Normal-Psychic would be cool. I personally dislike using "mono"-type'd pokes, they are more effective as a support, but I prefer offensive strategies... :]

Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Why not a frigging dual-type'd eeveelution?? Something like Normal-Psychic would be cool. I personally dislike using "mono"-type'd pokes, they are more effective as a support, but I prefer offensive strategies... :]
While I don't believe at all that it will be a Normal-type, I would put money on that before suggesting it's dual-typed. Why would they do a Normal/Psychic when there's already a Psychic? Eeveelutions are all mono-typed, they won't dual-type them.

But again, if that's your belief, I won't try to change it.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So, Shokotan is voicing Sylveon. Something tells me that its going to be female, even if she voiced Keldeo....

Not necessarily. The anime doesn't always dictate what relates to the games (assuming it IS anime??) and besides, Bart Simpson was voiced by a woman all these years. Ash too (iirc)! Sooooo that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be female-only because of those things.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not necessarily. The anime doesn't always dictate what relates to the games (assuming it IS anime??) and besides, Bart Simpson was voiced by a woman all these years. Ash too (iirc)! Sooooo that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be female-only because of those things.
Two females, actually.

- Veronica Taylor (EP001-AG145, M01-M08)
- Sarah Natochenny (The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon re-dub, AG146-present, M09-present)

Jamie Peacock also played Ash in the first dub of The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon. Sarah was on the re-dub as bracketed.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah see, so what the anime does isn't indicative of anything major - and with that in mind its typing is still up in the air literally, I think it's Flying ahaha.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Never really thought of this before, but Sylveon could be Bug due to how its eyes look and the way its ribbons stand up in this picture, like how certain bugs' antennae or feelers stand up. If that were true, it'd be one pretty-looking Bug-type.
Sylveon_anime.png

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sylveon's eyes are the exact same eye types as all Eevee Evolutions in the past except Umbreon. They all have the solid color looking eyes with the white light mark/pupils. Normal type could easily explain it able to move a part of its body freely, ghost as well in fact any type since the bows and ribbons seem to be part of its body. None of it have defining characteristics associated with one type.

In that screen shot part of the movie, Sylveon was retracting the ribbons. Sylveon can extend them from how it looked.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
In the poll I voted Flying; it's still my #1 choice, but it is for a lot of people so I don't really have to explain myself in that regard.

But my second choice is definitely Ghost. It seems a lot of people don't really think that to be the case so I'll just leave my two cents below:
  • I know a handful of people who are "creeped out" by Sylveon's eyes. While I didn't find anything that scary or strange about them, you could in a way describe them as "soulless."
  • It seemed to use a variety of different typed attacks in the trailer. Normal-types do this a lot, but Ghosts do, too, actually. Gengar (almost randomly) learns Thunder, Mismagius Magical Leaf, etc.
  • It looks too cute? Who says ghosts can't be cute? I'd say Frillish is pretty adorable! And I don't really get a "ghost" vibe from Shedinja or Golurk, or even Sableye for that matter. Once you know more of their concept they make sense...but we don't know much about Sylveon's concept, right?
  • What about those names?
    English: Sylveon -> Sylph -"An imaginary spirit of the air." (Italicized air because Flying is still where my main bet goes, ha ha) Remember Silph Co. and their Ghost-viewing device?
    Japanese: Ninfia -> Nymph -"A mythological spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations."
    German: Feelinara -> Fee -"Fairy"
    Do you know of those pixies/fairies of myth? The ones that look cute but end up being terrifying and murderous? Looks can be deceiving.
    Did you know Sylveon already has images out of its soon-to-be-released plush, and its fangs are incredibly apparent? They're an important part of its design.

So while I do think Flying is a more likely candidate...Ghost is certainly a viable option as well.
And imagine the possibilities that could come with a feminine Ghost Eevee evolution! Maybe it changes into a more sinister/elegant vampire form at night, ha ha!

Last edited:
Years
While I don't believe at all that it will be a Normal-type, I would put money on that before suggesting it's dual-typed. Why would they do a Normal/Psychic when there's already a Psychic? Eeveelutions are all mono-typed, they won't dual-type them.
How can you be sure they won't dual-type the 6th generation's eeveelution(s)? :C
As of why they do a Normal/Psychic when there is already Espeon, well, it's possible that this generation will bring more than 1 single eeveelution, and so, it is possible the other one(s) to be a dual of Normal and other thing like Fighting, Dark, Ghost, ... I just hope we'll have something similar ;_;

Now that I think of, here is my 2nd guess, Sylveon could be some kind of a morphing/multi-typed Pokémon or such. You know, Eevee is known for its DNA attributs, why not make an eeveelution (Sylveon) that extends this? So, what I mean, is that Sylveon could be Normal-typed with an ability/moves similar to Kecleon's Color Change, Castform's forecast, Meloetta's Relic Song, Porygon's Conversion, ... It can be an ability that makes it change type depending on the environement?! (Since Nymphs are known to be protector of moutains, forest or rivers...)

My 2nd theory is that, well, most people find Sylveon extremely cute, it also share colors similarities with Milotic!! It is possible to see Sylveon evolve when Eevee reaches 100% beauty (which interfers with its happiness-based evolutions =__=') or traded while holding that Scale (Prism Scale iirc...)?? But I don't believe much in this theory tough ...

@Rivvon, I like your Ghost speculation a lot! Now that I think of, all the eeveelutions give out there typing just from their respective names so speculations that base their thought around the name are likely to be the closest to the truth..

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah see, so what the anime does isn't indicative of anything major - and with that in mind its typing is still up in the air literally, I think it's Flying ahaha.
Sure, but considering how she did another major Pokemon that isn't legendary, and that was female, I would think its something possible. In the Anime I meant its likely female, and in the end it might involve the gender in the games, but that is something entirely different.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
How can you be sure they won't dual-type the 6th generation's eeveelution(s)? :C
As of why they do a Normal/Psychic when there is already Espeon, well, it's possible that this generation will bring more than 1 single eeveelution, and so, it is possible the other one(s) to be a dual of Normal and other thing like Fighting, Dark, Ghost, ... I just hope we'll have something similar ;_;

Now that I think of, here is my 2nd guess, Sylveon could be some kind of a morphing/multi-typed Pokémon or such. You know, Eevee is known for its DNA attributs, why not make an eeveelution (Sylveon) that extends this? So, what I mean, is that Sylveon could be Normal-typed with an ability/moves similar to Kecleon's Color Change, Castform's forecast, Meloetta's Relic Song, Porygon's Conversion, ... It can be an ability that makes it change type depending on the environement?! (Since Nymphs are known to be protector of moutains, forest or rivers...) .

Your theory seems quite plausible! GF also holds its Ability a secret, which may indicate that it is a new ability and may indeed turn Sylveon's type into the other 7 Eeveelutions.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm 100% certain they will not dual-type. I'd eat my shirt if wrong. Anyone on the other end of that bet to eat a shirt if it's not dual-typed?

@Rivvon, I like your Ghost speculation a lot! Now that I think of, all the eeveelutions give out there typing just from their respective names so speculations that base their thought around the name are likely to be the closest to the truth..
Ghost was my initial speculation because it initially creeped me out. However, reading the bit related to Sylph's origins confirmed my guess. I'm not putting a 100% sticker on it quite yet, as I concede Flying IS still possible, but Ghost is my primary guess. I'm starting to lean away from Dragon typing for some reason, too, but I'm about 50/50 between it and Flying.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I severely doubt that any Eeveelution will ever be a dual type. The point with it's DNA mutations is that it can evolve into all different types, just not two at a time. I guess you can argue that hey they can mutate it into two types at once, but I just don't see it happening at any time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
  • It seemed to use a variety of different typed attacks in the trailer. Normal-types do this a lot, but Ghosts do, too, actually. Gengar (almost randomly) learns Thunder, Mismagius Magical Leaf, etc.

It didn't really show a variety of different typed attacks. Most if not all of the attacks were normal typed. Two more predominant attacks were Swift and Trump Card, both Normal typed. Next is the one where Sylveon hit the opponent with a harsh attack. A lot of people believe that was Double-edge or Take down. Some even say it was Last Resort. The black mist move, as I've heard, was a status down move that Eevee knows. Someone said it was growl since it was close to the animation from the games with the yellow jagged lines appearing outward.

All of these attacks are Normal typed. The latter two still haven't been officially stated so its hard to tell what it was. But variety of types based on info some can find was not there as all the attacks were normal typed.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I really hope they don't make it normal or dual typed. That kinda defeats the purpose of Eeveelutions imo. The only way I can see them doing something like that is if they had a really good reason, like someone said an ability or something. If they're going to change the course of Eeveelutions, I hope they pull it off with good reason.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dual type isn't necessarily out of the question, though, given that it's a brand new generation and GF could change anything. Plus they have to be hiding its typing for a good reason (or just for hypeee). :x MAYBE EVEN A TRIPLE TYPE!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Dual type isn't necessarily out of the question, though, given that it's a brand new generation and GF could change anything. Plus they have to be hiding its typing for a good reason (or just for hypeee). :x MAYBE EVEN A TRIPLE TYPE!

Well, they're also hiding the types of the legendary pokemon, but yes, it can be just for hype. Gamefreak does love hype from the fans. :)

Maybe dual typing can be out there, but... I'd have to say that there has to be at least a reason for it to be a dual type. Because it breaks the trend, y'know?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd go just for hype honestly. I really don't expect there to be any dual-typing for Sylveon or any other potential Eeveelution that's to come in the future (this generation or any one after!).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I guess it could be dual because of DNA, like, XX and Y, and combine them... boom you get dual. A blue and pink typing, so uhhh... idk. Whatever represents blue, and whatever represents pink would be its typing!

Back